Round 4 Qualfier: Kildare v Monaghan

Started by Dinny Breen, July 20, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: inexile on July 30, 2014, 12:04:43 AM
At the moment I'm reading this thread using Firefox on Linux and I can see the photos in replies 40 and 41, now I know from the last time I looked at the thread that post 42 has a photo as well, but it is completely missing , not a traced of it using this browser/OS.  But when I look at the phone the photo is still there. Gas isn't it? Hope Monagan go missing like that on Saturday night.

Monaghan don't run Linux my friend and therefore won't 'go missing'..  :)

Sleater

The big surprise in the Monaghan team line out for the ulster final was that it lined out as sent to the media. A bit of a rare occurrence for Monaghan under Malachy O'Rourke. I'd be surprised that'll be the starting 15 against Kildare.

Bingo

Quote from: Sleater on August 01, 2014, 09:18:30 AM
The big surprise in the Monaghan team line out for the ulster final was that it lined out as sent to the media. A bit of a rare occurrence for Monaghan under Malachy O'Rourke. I'd be surprised that'll be the starting 15 against Kildare.

I'd be very very surprised if that team starts.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2014, 09:25:52 AM

Apparently Malone has a broken thumb. I think I read MOR quoted on that somewhere earlier in the week. So yes, it's unlikely to be that.

Kildare lads; I see Tomas O'Connor being drafted in to the FF line. Is this for his aerial threat against the tack tight Drew Wylie? Mind you, Fogarty was a right handful for the Down FB.. Also, why is Emmet Bolton not starting, I thought he was particularly effective in the link up play against Down?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on August 01, 2014, 11:21:07 AM
Quote from: Bingo on August 01, 2014, 09:25:52 AM

Apparently Malone has a broken thumb. I think I read MOR quoted on that somewhere earlier in the week. So yes, it's unlikely to be that.

Kildare lads; I see Tomas O'Connor being drafted in to the FF line. Is this for his aerial threat against the tack tight Drew Wylie? Mind you, Fogarty was a right handful for the Down FB.. Also, why is Emmet Bolton not starting, I thought he was particularly effective in the link up play against Down?

Bolton's form has been very patchy over the last few years. As for Tom Connor, I expect Paddy Brophy could well start ahead of him. He seems to have a greater impact on games when introduced as a substitute.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Tomas makes an impact when brought on early enough, don't think that Kildare team will start either expect at least 2 changes.

Weather forecast is rain and more rain  :-\
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Best of luck to both teams. Head says Monaghan by 4 but the heart will always say Kildare by 1.
#newbridgeornowhere

maigheo

Bolton giving a Lee Keegan type performance

Zulu

Was Jason Ryan right to highlight McManus? Getting some very soft frees.

Main Street

Quote from: Zulu on August 02, 2014, 07:33:45 PM
Was Jason Ryan right to highlight McManus? Getting some very soft frees.
Sure, it's all soft for McManus, when clean through on goal clattered late by 2 players  who hadn't a prayer of a chance of challenging  for the ball and no  yellow/black card, not a dickey bird.

beer baron

If the ref gave a black for the foul on Mc Manus he'd be shot. All Kildare have to do is give the ball to Alan Smith and to a lesser extent Paddy Brophy,Smith looks in the mood to do serious harm.

INDIANA

Quote from: beer baron on August 02, 2014, 07:55:21 PM
If the ref gave a black for the foul on Mc Manus he'd be shot. All Kildare have to do is give the ball to Alan Smith and to a lesser extent Paddy Brophy,Smith looks in the mood to do serious harm.

Why ? It was a cynical foul on a goal scoring chance and ref fudged it. Its become a farce the black card now.

maigheo

Just wondering why Monaghan have Ciaran Hughes playing back in his own half as he is one of the better full forwards in the game.Kildare look way more up for this game and look the likely winners

CD

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2014, 07:58:00 PM
Quote from: beer baron on August 02, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

Why ? It was a cynical foul on a goal scoring chance and ref fudged it. Its become a farce the black card now.

How right you are! Best player gone
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!