Round 4 Qualfier: Armagh v Meath

Started by armaghniac, July 20, 2014, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: meathie on July 21, 2014, 04:57:26 PM
Yay I can be on the hill for this game, its been bloddy ages since I got there last!

No you can't Dublin not playing so Hill not open. €25 for the privilege.
#newbridgeornowhere

meathie

Yea just saw that when I went to check ticket prices. ffs why do they always do that, it's really annoying that we don't get the choice. I'll never get back on the hill  :'(

thejuice

I don't think we can base our selection on the last game. We can't drop everyone.

I would go with the same selection although is would perhaps have Tormey in the middle with O'Rourke. I would be tempted to put Tormey and Meade at midfield with SOR in the half forwards but I think we still need Shane or Brian on the bench as neither are fit enough yet to last 70 mins.

McMahon could be replaced by David Bray who seems to have a better eye for the posts.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

I'd put Shane O'Rourke full forward and use him as a target man.
It's pointless carrying a midfielder his size just for the sake of one or two clean catches a game.
I'd bring Menton into the middle with Brian Meade.
Bring Graham Reilly out as a '3rd midfielder' and go with O'Rourke and Newman as a two man FF line and bring Bray out to the HF line as well.
Have Bray following the ball in to pick up breaks off Shane.

1. P. O'Rourke
2. E. Harrington
3. K. Reilly
4. D. Tobin
5. P. Harnan
6. D. Keoghan
7. M. Burke
8. B. Meade
9. B. Menton
10. A. Tormey
11. D. Carroll
12. S. Bray
13. M. Newman
14. S. O'Rourke
15. G. Reilly
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

You'll have Tobin worn out playing two positions though.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2014, 12:04:37 PM
Meath won't fear Armagh!

Eejits. Any Royal should fear dealing with Armagh people.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2014, 12:04:37 PM
Meath won't fear Armagh!

Will you be heading in early to support your Leinster brethren Dinny?

thejuice

Truth be told I've seen little of Armagh this year so I'm not sure how they set themselves up. They gave us a bit of a trimming in the league but still got relegated.

I think we should have enough in us to win this one but I don't know what the lads heads will be like. Cork and Derry seem to have lost the will to live after their encounters with Dublin.

Jinxy

They're not as used to losing to them as us though.

Syferus

Quote from: thejuice on July 22, 2014, 12:24:49 PM
Truth be told I've seen little of Armagh this year so I'm not sure how they set themselves up. They gave us a bit of a trimming in the league but still got relegated.

I think we should have enough in us to win this one but I don't know what the lads heads will be like. Cork and Derry seem to have lost the will to live after their encounters with Dublin.

Big heavy blanket, lots of fouling outside the 45 and obstructing frees to buy time to get their men back. Very weak looking in the middle. Some nice kick-passes the last day but that had more to do with poor defending by us than Gooch-level mastery by Armagh. I think Armagh's physicality has been played up too much and shouldn't have too much of an influence on the Meath man children.

I dunno how Meath will approach this one tactically.

JP

Quote from: thejuice on July 22, 2014, 12:24:49 PM

We have been playing a tough defensive style of football that transits to counter attack very quickly, half backs push up to run off the shoulder of the man with the ball while there are plenty of willing runners up front giving an option for a kickpass. Ciaran McKeever is playing like a hybrid sweeper/quarter back.

We could be quite difficult for you to play against. 

Jinxy

I'd well believe it.
If mentally the lads haven't let go of the Dublin game, we'll be beat.

thejuice

Quote from: JP on July 22, 2014, 12:31:15 PM

We have been playing a tough defensive style of football that transits to counter attack very quickly, half backs push up to run off the shoulder of the man with the ball while there are plenty of willing runners up front giving an option for a kickpass. Ciaran McKeever is playing like a hybrid sweeper/quarter back.

We could be quite difficult for you to play against.

Do your defenders leave the field once your forwards get the ball. That could give us some opportunities.