Round 4 Qualfier: Armagh v Meath

Started by armaghniac, July 20, 2014, 03:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Don't really understand where the Armagh confidence is coming from. Meath are around the same standard as Armagh so I expect a very close game.

illdecide

Most Armagh people that I've spoke with agree that its a 50/50 game and that I'll all be on the day, both teams are at the same level and I'd be very surprised if one team wins comfortably.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: thejuice on July 26, 2014, 10:57:02 PM
A repeat of 94 would be nice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1cDjq6dLqIk

Can we get Tommy Dowd back.

I remember climbing over a wall to get into the Canal End in 1994, was that the semi-final?

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2014, 05:22:24 PM
Most Armagh people that I've spoke with agree that its a 50/50 game and that I'll all be on the day, both teams are at the same level and I'd be very surprised if one team wins comfortably.

I imagine the game will have at least the entertainment value of the hurling today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Oraisteach

Is Red Collier playing?  Well, then we're golden!

Jinxy

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 27, 2014, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 27, 2014, 03:27:44 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 27, 2014, 02:51:59 AM
As an Armagh Supporter I know its hard to say this given we are a pessimistic bunch but I feel we might win this one comfortably. Cant really break it down but we have a lot of momentum ATM and I feel this team will thrive in Croker. I know I could be wrong however its how im feeling as opposed to the its gonna be tight blah blah.

Sickening arrogance.

I fail to see how its sickening, have a look at the Tyrone v Armagh thread pre-game and then you will find arrogance. Jaysus this place has got very sensitive. I just feel we are due a really big day when everything clicks. We have amassed quite a lot of scoring opportunities and haven't really converted a high majority in any of our games. I just thought I would document it before the game rather than say I thought we would win this easy after the game. In saying that Meath could really blow us out of water and i could have egg on my face, but Hay-ho.

Is that directed at me?
How dare you!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on July 27, 2014, 05:31:37 PM
Quote from: thejuice on July 26, 2014, 10:57:02 PM
A repeat of 94 would be nice.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1cDjq6dLqIk

Can we get Tommy Dowd back.

I remember climbing over a wall to get into the Canal End in 1994, was that the semi-final?

Quote from: illdecide on July 27, 2014, 05:22:24 PM

I imagine the game will have at least the entertainment value of the hurling today.
That's very unmanly of you.

Jinxy

I must say, I don't care for the attitude of a lot of these Armagh guys.
I'm putting it down to Geezer's time in Kildare.

armaghniac

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2014, 10:58:31 AM

That's bollix. We didn't like Meath long before Geezer went to Kildare.
Kildare doesn't really affect anything do with football, although they have some influence in the gees gees. 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2014, 11:08:32 AM

Kildare doesn't really affect anything do with football, although they have some influence in the gees gees.

What? Niall Carew was manager of Waterford, Anthony Rainbow was manger of Carlow.....hmm I see what you mean now, carry on...
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 28, 2014, 11:16:01 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 28, 2014, 11:08:32 AM

What? Niall Carew was manager of Waterford, Anthony Rainbow was manger of Carlow.....hmm I see what you mean now, carry on...

Having given Dublin the lash, perhaps a thread on the performance of Kildare (population not far short of Kerry and Kilkenny combined).

Jinxy

seafoid

Meath are very solid D2 and have that pedigree and should walk this really considering Armagh's league trajectory where they couldn't even beat Galway.

Zip Code

Armagh have achieved more than was expected of them this year, any trip to Croker is a bonus.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on July 28, 2014, 01:44:19 PM
Meath are very solid D2 and have that pedigree and should walk this really considering Armagh's league trajectory where they couldn't even beat Galway.

Galway would have been relegated instead of Armagh because of Armagh's bizarre first half performance against Louth. I'm not quite sure why this was, but these things in the League often have to do with training regimes designed to provide performance much later in the season. Given the Armagh have obviously benefited from their fitness regime, I wouldn't draw too many conclusion from the League. That said Meath and Armagh are well enough matched.