Kerry
16 (27.1%)
Mayo
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

ck

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
Can't see us having the usual big support at this.
A combination of Saturday at 3, holidays, poor team with no great expectations, disappointment after last Saturday and people being out the previous 2 Saturdays.
And of course the South Ros crowd would get vertigo once they pass Boyle. ;D

A poor team? Roscommon are a fine minor side. I saw them against Sligo earlier in the year and they hammered us. They then beat the league champions in the Championship and should have beaten Mayo in the final. Big O'Donnell will have them well drilled. I honestly think they have a shot at minor All-Ireland as have Mayo.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 12:17:37 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2014, 11:49:14 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 29, 2014, 11:40:55 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 29, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
Don't know what the ROS minor team is like but it's going to take a very good team to beat Donegal imo.

We have the antidote for it down here..but Dublin may get there before us.

Worry about Kildare first. If this year's foals have more brains to them than last year ye could be home and hosed before Jacko sees sight of Croke Park.

What kind of garbled nonsense is that? Kildare are appalling and if we don't beat them by 10 or so it's a bad sign. Dublin will hammer Cork in the other 1/4 final. Dublin v Donegal, Kerry v Mayo in both senior AND minor semis more than likely. Hard to call them all aswell.

Sorry but what kind of stupid sweeping statement is that? I doubt you have seen any of Kildare's games apart from maybe 10 mins highlights on TG4. This ludicrous sense of entitlement from Kerry supporters that you see at times beggars belief.

In fairness to Syferus he is probably the most knowledgeable of the national minor scene than anyone on this board and while it might seem garbled to you it's perfectly sensible to everybody else as minor teams because of their age can have vastly different performances from game to game. It's the reason why u21 is seen as more of a barometer of senior success than minor.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

We haven't a hope. Jack O'Connor turned down the Kildare senior job to take on the Kerry minors. They must be the next Kerry golden generation for Jack to turn down the hundreds of thousands worth of cash, luxury range rovers, thoroughbred racehorses and K Club membership that we supposedly offer all of our many outside managers.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Quote from: ck on July 30, 2014, 08:54:21 AM
A combination of Saturday at 3, holidays, poor team with no great expectations, disappointment after last Saturday and people being out the previous 2 Saturdays.

A poor team? Roscommon are a fine minor side. I saw them against Sligo earlier in the year and they hammered us. They then beat the league champions in the Championship and should have beaten Mayo in the final. Big O'Donnell will have them well drilled. I honestly think they have a shot at minor All-Ireland as have Mayo.
I wish I had your optimism CK. Sligo was the only team we bet in the Connacht League.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we win this one. :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 30, 2014, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: ck on July 30, 2014, 08:54:21 AM

I wish I had your optimism CK. Sligo was the only team we bet in the Connacht League.
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we win this one. :o

FOD can do it. Believe in FOD.

Actually, is FOD the man to take over the U21s next year too? Seems like a good time to get an experienced head in charge of that group of players.

Collie Brolly

I'd agree with that move.Dineen and co are very poor on the line.We need change there.

Syferus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EFXxwHcrus

Really good ad by Electric Ireland for the minor championships. Wish more GAA advertising was as forward-facing.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 30, 2014, 10:27:03 AM
Don't know what the ROS minor team is like but it's going to take a very good team to beat Donegal imo.

Worry about Kildare first. If this year's foals have more brains to them than last year ye could be home and hosed before Jacko sees sight of Croke Park.

What kind of garbled nonsense is that? Kildare are appalling and if we don't beat them by 10 or so it's a bad sign. Dublin will hammer Cork in the other 1/4 final. Dublin v Donegal, Kerry v Mayo in both senior AND minor semis more than likely. Hard to call them all aswell.

Sorry but what kind of stupid sweeping statement is that? I doubt you have seen any of Kildare's games apart from maybe 10 mins highlights on TG4. This ludicrous sense of entitlement from Kerry supporters that you see at times beggars belief.

In fairness to Syferus he is probably the most knowledgeable of the national minor scene than anyone on this board and while it might seem garbled to you it's perfectly sensible to everybody else as minor teams because of their age can have vastly different performances from game to game. It's the reason why u21 is seen as more of a barometer of senior success than minor.

I have seen Kildare play live twice, although one was a challenge with far from full team in fairness. I was at Leinster final and wasn't very impressed with Kildare. Maybe they just had a very bad day at the office but I don't think so.

On the game next Monday, I'm just calling it as I see it. This is a really strong Kerry minor team..my judgement has nothing to do with any "sense of entitlement", why would it when we've had some chronic underage teams in recent years.

As for Syferus being knowledgeable on the "national minor scene"..I agree, if by "national" you mean West of Athlone...
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Captain Obvious

I only seen the highlights of the Leinster final kildare let themselves down by giving away some very soft goals other than that they seemed to match the Dubs however this Dublin minor don't look as good as their teams in 2011,2012. Kerry a quick and skilful team Kildare will be more physical than them and that could pose a problem.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

I have seen Kildare play live twice, although one was a challenge with far from full team in fairness. I was at Leinster final and wasn't very impressed with Kildare. Maybe they just had a very bad day at the office but I don't think so.

On the game next Monday, I'm just calling it as I see it. This is a really strong Kerry minor team..my judgement has nothing to do with any "sense of entitlement", why would it when we've had some chronic underage teams in recent years.

As for Syferus being knowledgeable on the "national minor scene"..I agree, if by "national" you mean West of Athlone...

So watch one championship game somehow you think validates your opinion. The soft goals as the Captain there refers to deflated Kildare, they didn't give up though which to me is far more important than just winning and calling a young minor team appalling is just condescending. I don't expect Kildare to win on Monday but as long as they give their best shot no one can ask more from minor footballers.
#newbridgeornowhere

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 30, 2014, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 30, 2014, 04:46:21 PM

So watch one championship game somehow you think validates your opinion. The soft goals as the Captain there refers to deflated Kildare, they didn't give up though which to me is far more important than just winning and calling a young minor team appalling is just condescending. I don't expect Kildare to win on Monday but as long as they give their best shot no one can ask more from minor footballers.

Fair enough, and maybe I shouldn't have used the word "appalling", a tad harsh maybe but I thought they let Dublin waltz through them very easily at times. Wouldn't say management were entirely blameless either.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Zulu

4 points a piece, any radio stations covering this?

Zulu

Zulu

5 - 4 to Donegal, Campbell with the last score for Donegal. Sounds like both teams are playing very defensive and Roscommon have the wind in the first half which is now nearing the end.