16 (27.1%)
Mayo
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2014, 10:22:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2014, 03:07:34 PM
An AIQF in Connacht. Lovely. What sort of support do the Donegal minors get?

I'm sure they'll hardly get a space to stand up such is the monstrous Roscommon support.

Now yer learnin', Farr.

Rossfan

Can't see us having the usual big support at this.
A combination of Saturday at 3, holidays, poor team with no great expectations, disappointment after last Saturday and people being out the previous 2 Saturdays.
And of course the South Ros crowd would get vertigo once they pass Boyle. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2014, 11:15:00 AM
A combination of Saturday at 3, holidays, poor team with no great expectations, disappointment after last Saturday and people being out the previous 2 Saturdays.

You're fairly running down a team that beat the Leitrim globetrotters and led Mayo in a Connacht final in McHale with ten minutes to go. There's a few gems on this team, much like many other years.

Rossfan

A few good ones - like most underage teams - but overall an average team which means poor by our recent standards.
As for leading with 10 minutes to go - do you get prizes for that? We let in 1-6 in them 10 minutes  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Collie Brolly

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2014, 11:15:00 AM

If we can negotiate the bends outside Boyle we'll be in business.Will be a poor Ross crowd.Shame because these lads have worked hard as any of the other teams,despite their shortcomings.

Farrandeelin

It's a shame the Mayo minors are on so early for all the fans who will be travelling to Croke Park on Sunday. I hope that a sizeable amount of them are there early to cheer on the back to back Connacht champions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 28, 2014, 11:54:51 PM
It's a shame the Mayo minors are on so early for all the fans who will be travelling to Croke Park on Sunday. I hope that a sizeable amount of them are there early to cheer on the back to back Connacht champions.

Allot of people not happy with the fixture layout. I know allot of Mayo people who have said they will only go in for the Mayo/Cork game itself as 6 hours of football is too much. Mad thing of all is that it has turned allot of Mayo fans off going at all to Dublin they are so annoyed.

criostlinn

It's a bit daft alright the fixture lay out. But turned them off going to Dublin. Are you serious.

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 29, 2014, 12:21:48 AM

Allot of people not happy with the fixture layout. I know allot of Mayo people who have said they will only go in for the Mayo/Cork game itself as 6 hours of football is too much. Mad thing of all is that it has turned allot of Mayo fans off going at all to Dublin they are so annoyed.

Syferus

Yer complaining about having both games on one bill?

The lady doth protest too much..

armaghniac

Hopefully Mayo will have little to cheer about in the Minor, but I imagine they will.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

Ffs, 6 hours of football is too much??  :o If you have small kids then maybe but it sounds like some people will complain about anything

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2014, 12:36:08 AM

Yer complaining about having both games on one bill?

The lady doth protest too much..

Ah, quarter finals and semi finals are family days out.  A chance for the whole family to go to  Croker together.  A day like Sunday with the kids would be a  nightmare!

criostlinn

Well don't go to the first game or the second game for that matter if it's such a nightmare. Christ above would you be happy if the minors and seniors were two different days

Mayo4Sam

Or if they werent there at all?

Some people have f**k all to be complaining about. Its not like the galway/kerry match is some muck that you have to endure either

I cant wait
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

From the Bunker

Looking forward to it alright. Obviously allot of posters here don't have young children. If I was on my own, I'd have no bother with the fixture. But there are more logistics with a family day out. I know the timetable for the day is to suit Television Audiences rather than the paying fan into the game. That's just a fact of life. Just don't know why the Mayo/Cork game has to be the last game of the day? Could it not be just after the Minor Match?