AIQ Round 3B - Roscommon vs. Armagh (19/07/14, 5pm - Live on SKY)

Started by Syferus, July 13, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Code

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 11:17:08 AM
4 weeks on the trot for Armagh. Building up a head of steam.

You are even more predictable that the Tyrone team was yesterday!

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: illdecide on July 14, 2014, 11:13:07 AM
What's Roscommon like for a sat night out on the town? Maybe get an over night trip for the game? Can you suggest any decent hotels or b&b in the town.

Best B&Bs closest to Roscommon are in Claremorris or Ballyhaunis. Failing that you should base yourself in Ballinasloe or Carrick on Shannon.
Fill up the car with disel, bring some sandwiches, keep the doors and windows locked on the way in, park near the gate of the Hyde, get in and out quick and back across the border as quick as you can, even if that means leaving early and catching the last 10 minutes on the radio.

Oh and look up the HSE site for the list of vaccinations you'll need if visiting Rossieland, its long

armaghniac

Do the HSE acknowledge the existence of Roscommon at all?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

Disappointing. A Kildare V Armagh would have enthralled the nation.50/50 chance against Roscommon but on the road for fourth successive week. Can we protest outside Croke Park with placards saying "Let us Home?"

mjg

Quote from: armaghniac on July 14, 2014, 12:56:39 PM
Do the HSE acknowledge the existence of Roscommon at all?
Ya they do but not sure about foreign nationals though

mjg

Quote from: Msgr. Horan on July 14, 2014, 12:54:29 PM
What's Roscommon like for a sat night out on the town? Maybe get an over night trip for the game? Can you suggest any decent hotels or b&b in the town.

Best B&Bs closest to Roscommon are in Claremorris or Ballyhaunis. Failing that you should base yourself in Ballinasloe or Carrick on Shannon.
Fill up the car with disel, bring some sandwiches, keep the doors and windows locked on the way in, park near the gate of the Hyde, get in and out quick and back across the border as quick as you can, even if that means leaving early and catching the last 10 minutes on the radio.How can you remember all your username's larryin?

Oh and look up the HSE site for the list of vaccinations you'll need if visiting Rossieland, its long

Shamrock Shore

My advice would be only cross the Shannon when it's absolutely necessary.

Armagh boys should spend the night before the game in Granard, Edgeworthstown or Longford town.

;)

general_lee

Wanted to avoid Roscommon. Especially Away! Very tough draw for Armagh, but still capable of an upset.

On yesterday's game though, it was a massive result, there is lots to improve on but to go out and beat Tyrone in Omagh after that flat performance in the Clones replay was a real show of character and will bring this team on no end. I was there in Feb when Tyrone hammered Armagh and remember thinking to myself fcuk this Tyrone team look the real deal (shows what I know).

Some players are constantly improving, meaning that options for management are increasing and you now have players like A Kernan starting on the bench which can only be a good thing. (Aaron's attitude is fantastic, where other players from his club have thrown the head up he has just got on with it and shown what a class act he is!)

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 14, 2014, 01:30:11 PM
My advice would be only cross the Shannon when it's absolutely necessary.

Armagh boys should spend the night before the game in Granard, Edgeworthstown or Longford town.

;)

I still don't understand why Londford Town has more roundabouts than Dublin.

Armamike

Tough draw for Armagh. Roscommon will be favourites for this. Division above Armagh now, coming off the back of a good win, will fancy their chances against Armagh and at home for this.  Never mind, this Armagh team need tough games to help them develop and get good championship experience. Facile wins over weak opposition in a couple of qualifier games wouldn't bring the team in the same way. Just hope Armagh can put in a consistent level of performance and build a little bit more on the Tyrone game.
That's just, like your opinion man.

BennyCake

What's to do in Roscommon and surrounding areas for the weekend?

JP

For a change Armagh management have some real selection dilemmas with a strong bench available to them. I would go with:

McEvoy

James Morgan
Charlie Vernon
Andy Mallon

Aaron Kernan
Ciaran McKeever
Mark Shields

Aaron Findon
Stephen Harold

Rory Grugan
Kevin Dyas
Tony Kernan

Jamie Clarke
Stefan Campbell
Kyle Carragher

Would be very harsh on Micheal Murray though who showed very well against Tyrone. Wouldn't be overly familiar with the Roscomman full forward line, would imagine Charlie will pick up Shine. We still have Finn M, Brendan Donaghy, Eugene McVerry and Stefan Forker in reserve.

I'm assuming Ethan Rafferty and Toner will miss through injury. Any word on why Dyas was taken off at ht? I hope he hasn't picked up an injury.

Syferus

Quote from: JP on July 14, 2014, 02:49:11 PM
For a change Armagh management have some real selection dilemmas with a strong bench available to them. I would go with:

McEvoy

James Morgan
Charlie Vernon
Andy Mallon

Aaron Kernan
Ciaran McKeever
Mark Shields

Aaron Findon
Stephen Harold

Rory Grugan
Kevin Dyas
Tony Kernan

Jamie Clarke
Stefan Campbell
Kyle Carragher

Would be very harsh on Micheal Murray though who showed very well against Tyrone. Wouldn't be overly familiar with the Roscomman full forward line, would imagine Charlie will pick up Shine. We still have Finn M, Brendan Donaghy, Eugene McVerry and Stefan Forker in reserve.

I'm assuming Ethan Rafferty and Toner will miss through injury. Any word on why Dyas was taken off at ht? I hope he hasn't picked up an injury.

Cake will be attending if Carragher wants a rematch.

EDIT: We're live on Sky at 5pm. The Hyde gets to go out in style.

naka

Think we are on the march
Armagh are a different proposition from last year
Armagh to revenge 2012

GalwayBayBoy

What's Roscommon like for a sat night out on the town?

What would you think Roscommon is like for a night out on the town? ;D