The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 29, 2016, 11:39:57 PM
Did Stew just say something?

As always, nothing of value. Or substance. Or the truth.

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on January 29, 2016, 11:35:27 PM
Bernie sanders has no chance of ever being potus anyone who thinks different Wise up

I agree, but the more important question is can he win the Democratic nomination

Eamonnca1

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2016, 11:53:21 PM

In his defence, he rose to the bait beautifully.

seafoid

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/12/13/donald-trump-sounds-acts-adolf-hitler-running-fuhrer.html

The reason Trump is leading Republicans is due to the hate, lack of intelligence and sheer terror of any and everything among his followers. According to a profile of Trump supporters, "One half of his voters have a high school education or less which is why Trump appeals to that special breed of southern Republican; with a particularly special appeal to Texans."

Trump's pattern of elevating emotional appeals over rational ones is a rhetorical style that historians, psychologists and political scientists placed in the tradition of Goldwater, George Wallace, Joseph McCarthy, Huey Long and Pat Buchanan." In fact, in responding to a request from the Times, "Several historians watched Trump's speeches last week and observed familiar techniques, like vilifying groups of people and stoking the insecurities of his audiences, that they associate with racist George Wallace and fascist Joseph McCarthy;" two of America's worst, most notorious, and extremely dangerous demagogues.

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on January 29, 2016, 11:39:36 PM
Quote from: stew on January 29, 2016, 11:00:50 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 28, 2016, 10:41:42 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2016, 10:09:25 AM
Any thoughts on the Trump = Clinton double agent theory? It appears to have some merit although Trump's Muslims out rhetoric would seem to be too far fetched if he truely was a puppet.

I'm sticking with that theory. Trump's work is done. He's baited the conservative idiots into a bidding war to see who can appeal to the lowest information, least informed, most bigoted, Stew-like voter. He has turned the GOP primaries into one big circus that no swing voter in their right mind is going to take seriously. Now at the eleventh hour, with actual voting imminent, he's pulling out of the debates and leaving the way clear for that wing nut Cruz to show himself up for the fascist antichrist he is.

Barring a late Sanders surge in S Carolina, it's game, set and match to Hillary.

Listen you tube, I am no bigot nor would I vote for that b**tard, I know more than you will ever know about American politics you ignoramus.
Oh dear..... What a nasty little maneen.

Ah now, that's unfair. Eamonnca1 did in fact refer to Trump appealing to the "low information, least informed, most bigoted, Stew-like voter"! I wouldn't have responded too politely myself!

seafoid

There is something else going on in the Southern states that are pro Trump. Life expectancy for uneducated white males is decreasing.  Lots of white men dying in their 50s. Life expectancy for African Americans and educated whites is increasing.

J70

Cruz beats Trump in Iowa. Rubio very close third.

Sanders neck and neck with Hillary.

Eamonnca1

Clinton 632 Sander 628s. Sweet Jesus this is close.

Eamonnca1

I think Clinton's gonna take Iowa by the skin of her teeth. Sanders should win a landslide in NH, and by the time South Carolina comes around it'll be interesting to see how much he's closed the gap there.

Declan

Think the overall winner from the GOP will be Rubio

trueblue1234

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 30, 2016, 01:09:36 AM

In his defence, he rose to the bait beautifully.

To be fair, your personalised the bait. I'd have jumped at it as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

screenexile

Phew!!! Does this mean that the Trump nightmare is effectively over??

Funny I watched the Daily show last night and a reporter was being interviewed and said that a lot of people at Trumps rally are the same people showing up over and over again so there is a chance the support he looks to have may not realistically be there.

Cruz is a complete asshole I can't see him winning over the nation when nobody in his own party will vote for him. Choosing between him and Trump really is a choice of dying by poison or serious illness!

On the Democrat side it looks like things are hotting up between Bernie and Hilary. I think it's great that there will be a proper Primary between two worthy candidates!

deiseach

My knuckles itch every time I see Ted Cruz's face. I think my fists are going to be raw by the time the GOP convention rolls around.

stew

Sweeping statement from the resident  uppity kn**ker.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.