The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on December 15, 2015, 09:25:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 15, 2015, 09:28:26 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 15, 2015, 09:19:31 AM
I'm really enjoying it at this stage. President Hillary Clinton is a slam dunk. Of course, people miss slam dunks on occasion. Maybe an axe with Vince Foster's blood on it will be found in her car. Otherwise this is going to be a ten-month procession, with increasingly hysterical pronouncements from those for whom the thought of her in the White House is the harbinger of end of Western civilisation. It's going to be great.
Rubio, Cruz and Bush can all tune into the Hispanic vote, which they need to do in order to have a chance at winning.  Why the GOP seems to favour Trump, who cannot, is a mystery.
I think the GOP is lost.

The GOP cant stand Trump ffs!

He is a democrat.

Is THAT why he pursued the birth cert issue and made an ass of himself before the last election with his offer to donate $5 million if Obama turned over his college transcripts?

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 15, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 15, 2015, 09:30:28 PM
I'm really enjoying it at this stage. President Hillary Clinton is a slam dunk. Of course, people miss slam dunks on occasion. Maybe an axe with Vince Foster's blood on it will be found in her car. Otherwise this is going to be a ten-month procession, with increasingly hysterical pronouncements from those for whom the thought of her in the White House is the harbinger of end of Western civilisation. It's going to be great.
Rubio, Cruz and Bush can all tune into the Hispanic vote, which they need to do in order to have a chance at winning.  Why the GOP seems to favour Trump, who cannot, is a mystery.
I think the GOP is lost.

He is a democrat.
Look at his policies Stew. The man is a GOP zombie.

Look at his views just a few years ago, the man is a flip flopper almost as bad as Clinton is.

He declared himdelf a democrat, donated millions to Democrats and in my opinion he is a democrat that is splitting the Republican vote.

How come the GOP hasn't noticed?

How come their voters haven't noticed??

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 15, 2015, 11:25:11 PM
Quote from: stew on December 15, 2015, 09:33:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 15, 2015, 09:30:28 PM
I think the GOP is lost.

He is a democrat.
Look at his policies Stew. The man is a GOP zombie.

Look at his views just a few years ago, the man is a flip flopper almost as bad as Clinton is.

He declared himdelf a democrat, donated millions to Democrats and in my opinion he is a democrat that is splitting the Republican vote.

How come the GOP hasn't noticed?

How come their voters haven't noticed??

I know he donated a wee bit of money as late as 2013 to the Democrats, the vast majority of his donations went to the dems until I think 2010, miraculously there was a massive shift in money donated by trump and it went to the republicans, I said he donated millions, he is at jut under 1.5 million, most of which went to the democrats.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

How come no one in the GOP has noticed that they are close to nominating a Democrat?

MWWSI 2017

J70

Megarich man in trying to cover all bases with his political donations shocker, especially relating to his businesses in NYC, Chicago and NJ!

His donations to GOP have now surpassed the Dems BTW.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on December 16, 2015, 12:57:33 AM
How come no one in the GOP has noticed that they are close to nominating a Democrat?

Because they're thick.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on December 16, 2015, 01:55:11 AM
Megarich man in trying to cover all bases with his political donations shocker, especially relating to his businesses in NYC, Chicago and NJ!

His donations to GOP have now surpassed the Dems BTW.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jul/09/ben-ferguson/donald-trumps-campaign-contributions-democrats-and/
Megarich. Mega mega white thing. So many things to see and do but I think it will fall through
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLWFa1b1Bc

deiseach

If Donald Trump is a Democrat, and I think it's possible, what does that make the people planning to vote for him?

stew

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
If Donald Trump is a Democrat, and I think it's possible, what does that make the people planning to vote for him?

Misguided, follow the money trail and see for yourself.

J70

Trump, like many businessmen, tries to buy influence and access and thus spreads the cash around. I doubt if he gave 50Gs to Rahm Emmanuel because he liked his plans to address homelessness or gang violence or whatever in Chicago. More likely Trump wanted to grease the wheels for the big building he just completed along the Chicago river or some of his other Chicago projects.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on December 16, 2015, 04:19:29 PM
Trump, like many businessmen, tries to buy influence and access and thus spreads the cash around. I doubt if he gave 50Gs to Rahm Emmanuel because he liked his plans to address homelessness or gang violence or whatever in Chicago. More likely Trump wanted to grease the wheels for the big building he just completed along the Chicago river or some of his other Chicago projects.

It is quite a spectacular building....just walked by it a month ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_International_Hotel_and_Tower_(Chicago)

trump tower chicago

Maybe he should stick to real estate development

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on December 16, 2015, 09:30:05 AM
Doomed to a life of slavery in the Fox echo chamber and climate change on tap.
Trump Is a real dem all right. People like him own the party.

Declan

Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

stew

Quote from: Declan on December 17, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
Spent the last few days in the States and its not until you watch the TV coverage that you can get a sense of why there are so many loony views out there.
The coverage of the debate in terms of positions and what we'd call manifesto items was laughable and most of the stations seem to focus on the Cruz v Rubio or Trump v Bush or Someone v Someone dynamic - truly bizarre.

It's a wonderful country in many ways but good God it's a very strange one as well

It is a democracy with two ponies to choose from and the only decent President it has had since Clinton is, actually the have note had one, people are getting poorer and they will not pay people a wage they can live on yet the rich get richer, they have the weakest President in my lifetime at the helm and the next up up is a political whore, a woman with blood on her hands and a woman who takes donations from the Saudis when their track record on the way women are treated in their society is the worst in the world.

It is an amazing place but I am thinking of heading home, I have lost a lot of faith in the USA and do not think I could stomach Clinton as President, I have a nephew I have never met and the parents are in their seventies and I have not seen Armagh or the Harps play since 09.