The Official 2016 US Presidential election thread

Started by Eamonnca1, July 10, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: stew on February 10, 2016, 08:11:14 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 02, 2016, 05:13:41 PM
Is Trump fundraising or is he doing this all on his own dime?

Dear God man, do yourself a favour and leave this thread, if you do not know the answer to that basic question you have no business commenting on this thread. Clinton did hang four Americans out to dry, she refused to give them the security they needed despite asking for more security hundreds of times, she also had her staff take the headers of of emails before sending them out at her behest, not bullshit, fact.

Sigh. I was hoping you'd crawled back into your hole.

deiseach

No comment from anyone on the Rubio-bot? The look on his face when Christie highlighted it and he realised what he was doing was priceless - then he ploughed on with it anyway! Great stuff.

gallsman

Quote from: deiseach on February 10, 2016, 08:58:03 AM
No comment from anyone on the Rubio-bot? The look on his face when Christie highlighted it and he realised what he was doing was priceless - then he ploughed on with it anyway! Great stuff.

Ha, I read about that alright but it comes across ten times worse in the video. Christie fairly hammered him on it. Big issue for Rubio while trying to build off the back of his Iowa success. That's a danger with such a wide Republican field - they don't have to be in contention to be able to have a crack at torpedoing someone else's chances.

seafoid

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on February 10, 2016, 12:34:13 PM
Bernie will beat Clinton .

He's 7/1 with PP to be next President you should put some dough on it!!!

stew

Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2016, 08:16:17 AM

Dear God man, do yourself a favour and leave this thread, if you do not know the answer to that basic question you have no business commenting on this thread. Clinton did hang four Americans out to dry, she refused to give them the security they needed despite asking for more security hundreds of times, she also had her staff take the headers of of emails before sending them out at her behest, not bullshit, fact.

[/quote

No such luck, and remember now kid, its Bernie not Deion that is running for President. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

Idon't know if i've seen a year of more division within parties than this year. Neither Bernie or Hilary can really unite the Democrats. There is real venom on both sides you would rarely see.
The same for Republicans - there are hard core Reds who will not endorse Trump  -even if he gets the party nomination. Trump really has thrown a spanner in the works here
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on February 10, 2016, 05:03:26 PM
Idon't know if i've seen a year of more division within parties than this year. Neither Bernie or Hilary can really unite the Democrats. There is real venom on both sides you would rarely see.
The same for Republicans - there are hard core Reds who will not endorse Trump  -even if he gets the party nomination. Trump really has thrown a spanner in the works here

Is everything falling into place for Bloomberg does anyone think? Let's face it. . . your choice whether you're a Democrat or a Republican is whether you want chicken pox or measles. The standard of candidates on either side of the house is terrible but particularly for the Republicans.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on February 10, 2016, 01:59:16 PM
Quote from: gallsman on February 10, 2016, 08:16:17 AM

No such luck, and remember now kid, its Bernie not Deion that is running for President. )

I'm impressed you know who either of them are to be honest. You'd be more likely to vote for Colonel Sanders than either of them ffs.

The Iceman

Quote from: screenexile on February 10, 2016, 05:28:41 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 10, 2016, 05:03:26 PM

Is everything falling into place for Bloomberg does anyone think? Let's face it. . . your choice whether you're a Democrat or a Republican is whether you want chicken pox or measles. The standard of candidates on either side of the house is terrible but particularly for the Republicans.

I said from the start that faced with such a weak pool to choose from all we need is an epidemic or state of emergency for good ole obama to get a 3rd term
Zika virus could just be that....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

whitey

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/11/19/lessons-from-rev-al-sharptons-4-5-million-tax-bill/#6b9e6caa6699

I see Bernie had a high profile meeting with Rev Al Sharpton today.....I wonder if he was going to lecture him on paying his "fair share" of taxes

Oraisteach

Interesting, I read that despite Sanders' 22-point margin of victory in NH, he and Clinton each have 15 delegates.  According to the article, it's because of the Democrats' Super Delegate system.  Apparently 6 of these party insider delegates have already aligned themselves with Clinton.  The state's two remaining super delegates have not yet declared their affiliation.  I'm curious to read other articles that confirm this Orwellian notion that some animals are more equal than others.

LeoMc

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 10, 2016, 09:19:16 PM
Interesting, I read that despite Sanders' 22-point margin of victory in NH, he and Clinton each have 15 delegates.  According to the article, it's because of the Democrats' Super Delegate system.  Apparently 6 of these party insider delegates have already aligned themselves with Clinton.  The state's two remaining super delegates have not yet declared their affiliation.  I'm curious to read other articles that confirm this Orwellian notion that some animals are more equal than others.

I think the superdelegates represent something lke 20% of the Democrat vote so they are well able to skew the vote as they please.

whitey

Quote from: Oraisteach on February 10, 2016, 09:19:16 PM

In a way it reinforces Bernies contention that he's up against the establishment. I read that he raised $6M today

J70

The super delegates were partly why Hillary dragged it out until June in '08 despite it being clear since March that she had no hope of beating Obama overall.