If You Were GAA President

Started by thejuice, April 15, 2007, 09:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

What changes would you make, what would you do differently, what would be your attitude to things like Croke Park use, Pay for Play, GPA, Player welfare, grass root level issues, player transfers etc.

Ill post my own responce to this in a while
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

pintsofguinness

Well as I sit here getting more and more pissed off everytime I check aertel and discover that some 6 hours? after today's club games are finished the armagh county board can't manage to inform anyone of the results and considering their attitude towards club football, something which I believe is reflected throughout the country, I think club footbal/hurlingl would be the number 1 issue for me!!

The Rule book is number 2 issue.  None of this nonsense of getting off suspensions and as someone else suggested in another thread if there is any threat of anyone going to another sport because of their suspension then it gets doubled!

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

If I were President of the Gaa I wouldn't be up at this hour of the morning.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

Double the existing allocation of  FREE Premium Level tickets for Ex -Presidents from 750 per year to 1,500 for all games - instead of allocating each ex-president two tickets.  The cost would only come to about Euro 1.8 Million.  (Assuming the cost of a Premium Level seat is 1200 Euro, or a ticket for all games including All-Ireland Finals cost that per annum x 1500)

Alternatively,  by all means allocate  the current president twenty or thirty tickets, the outgoing president and presidents over the last five years ten tickets each and distribute the 1.8 Million to schools hurling.

rosnarun

get people to realiize the GAA is an ametuer sporting/cultural  organization there to promote the playing of gaelic games and the gaelic culture to to provide entertainment to the average intercounty fan who probably has little or no contact with his local club and thinks those who run it are a useless shower  of dickhead even though the field 30 teams in a parish of 20 people.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ONeill

I'd get some lovely women to parade around the field in fine frocks, half an hour before the game. Hey Presto, there goes the last-minute rush competition and it also gives the women something to aspire to.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

ONeill

I'd combine Dublin and Meath and call them Dublin. Surely then we'd get what we all want. And if the drought continues throw in Kildare and Laois.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Will Hunting

Would it be out of the question to ban hurling entirely?!

:P

Uladh

I'd make sure that both semi finals of the national football league were shown live on the television

the ship

i would sack the mayo county board and the connaught council especially the secretary for everything they have done to destroy hurling in mayo

AwideBalldsAWastedBall

i for sure wouldnt let any soccer or rugby be played in croke park!!!

Mike Sheehy

I'd ban those f**king klaxon horns. or whatever they are called, from games

ardal

A panel of 10 ex players or coaches from the so called weaker counties. Each week they'd review the games and any player caught diving or holding onto another players arm to get a free, is automatically banned from all gaa sporting events; not only county (for life)

Fishead_Sam

I would copy the lads up in Tyrone with the Nally Stand

1. Would take Croker apart piece by piece rebuild it on top of Old McHale and have every Mayo Championship in McHale-Croke Park.
2. I would start a breeding programme between the Mayo ladies football team and the Kerry mens football team and build a supper army of Mayo footballers.