The Trip to Tipp

Started by Qwerty28, July 02, 2014, 10:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty28

Very few Tipp followers on here usually so how do my fellow Larries feel ahead of the trip to Tipp on Saturday? Could have got a kinder draw as Tipp should probably have beaten Cork but somehow got pipped at the post. Our confidence should be sky high but  surely Tipp will have a point to prove and be hoping to bounce back so tight game would seem to be in store. At least we should have a few more subs available this weekend although going by the junior final I don't think theres much on offer!

Hard to ever be too confident as a Longford supporter but plenty of reasons to be optimistic and looking forward to chance to visit Semple!

Shamrock Shore

As the brother said it's a game to be sorry for.

Either sorry you went or sorry you didn't go!

I'm 50:50 at this stage. I probably will pack the flask and head.

panc56

Shamrock Shore

Ok. It's official. I am on the trip to Tipp with my 10 yr old daughter. An expert in all things World Cup, Premiership soccer and Longford GAA.

I believe there is a hurling match after. How long is considered polite to stay? Love hurling but want to get home at a reasonable time.

All the meeja give Tipp the nod and that's fine with me. Unchanged side but a few more small options on the sideline with the 'so called' juniors back in play. Won't be as warm today in Semple as it was in Derry so that has to be a factor.

So - from here we have panc56, Insider Qwerty and me heading. Apologies from Billy and Laurel?

Whatever happened to Longfordian - must send him a text.

Next stop - Healy Park in T'rone?

Rossfan

Best of luck to our nicest neighbours.
Longford in a different secion of the draw to Tyrone so won't be goin to Omagh.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Rossfan

Round 3 sees A play B as far as I know.

Blowitupref

29 minutes gone Tipperary 1-6 longford 0-2
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2014, 02:02:41 PM
Rossfan

Round 3 sees A play B as far as I know.

No. A and B teams stay in their ghettos even in R4 with 3A winners playing the Connacht and Munster losers and 3B winners playing the Ulster losers and Meath.

I wish, though.

Blowitupref

Tipperary 2-10 longford 0-4. 48 mins gone.

Shamrock Shore

Sitting here in Semple Stadium cross and embarrassed

AZOffaly

Tipp won Munster u16 today as well. Ta peil Tiobraid Arainn at teacht.

thebuzz

Heard the final score was 2-17 to 0-06. Says a lot for Derry or else Tipperary must be brilliant altogether.

Wildweasel74

What was the point to be outstanding the last day and be pure crap the nite, I said Longford need to go on and make the last 12 after beating Derry and they turn round and get beaten next time out!!

AZOffaly

Don't underestimate Tipp. They're decent, and improving. Mind you they are not 17 points better than Longford.