An Dun -v- Cill Dara AIQ R2

Started by Aristo 60, June 30, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Zulu on July 09, 2014, 03:11:08 PM
Haven't seen too much of Hurley but if he is too languid for football would he not be too languid for AR?

He was on trial with Freemantle last year and is believed to be joining them in October. I think he set some really good figures in the AFL Draft tests that the Australians seem to place a lot of stock in.

Yet to do it consistently for Kildare in senior football but it's not for a lack of talent. He did fall out with McGeeney a number of times over disciplinary issues. He strikes me as a player that needs a good kick up the backside every now and again to get him motivated.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

western exile

Wee James McCartan is quoted in the media that he is preparing without Benny McArdle due to his angle injury.

I think that both Aidan Carr and Ciarán McCartan might start with Conor Garvey in half back line, and Kevin McKiernan as half forward, which would mean that Benny Coulter might have to start on the bench.

bcarrier

From Kildare gaa twitter

Notes to Supporters Travelling to Newry

To the Supporters of Kildare may I firstly extend to you a warm welcome to Newry and Pairc Esler ahead of your visit for the All Ireland Round Two B Qualifier on Sunday 13th July.

We hope that your journey will be a safe and pleasant one and to this end we are making some suggestions re travel, parking and hospitality.

You will be travelling on the M1 heading for Belfast and we suggest that you take the first exit for Newry at what is signposted as the Cloghogue Junction. Here you will branch left, then at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the Dublin Road- A2 Signposted Newry Warrenpoint.

Continue forward onto the Dublin Road- A2 entering Newry. You will proceed to a set of traffic lights and then enter Bridge Street. In Bridge Street on your right hand side is located The Quays Shopping Centre and you can park safely here on Sunday for just £1, Down GAA will also be providing a Shuttle Bus from 12.30 at The Quays to take patrons to the game.

Pairc Esler is located on the Warrenpoint Road in Newry approximately 0.7 miles from the Shopping Centre. If you are seeking to park close to the Ground then Match Parking is available in the Greenbank Industrial Estate which can be found by following the road signs for Warrenpoint. Here also a Shuttle Bus will be available from 12.30pm to take patrons to the game.

There are many fine restaurants in the Town Centre whilst the Canal Court Hotel can be found on merchants Quay, the Canal Court Hotel are offering a discount of 10% to patrons who eat in the Hotel on Sunday and quote the reference GAA2014. This offer also applies in the sister Hotel the Carrickdale Hotel which is located just off the M1 at the exit for Jonesborough.

Both Hotels are also offering excellent overnight packages for Patrons wishing to come and spend the weekend in the Mourne County.

Inside the ground there are shops serving Tea/Coffee or Soup and Sandwiches with a full range of soft drinks and confectionary on sale.

We hope your visit to Newry and Pairc Esler will be an enjoyable one, the Turnstiles will open at 12.30pm and there will be a Ticket Unit in operation from 12.15 to allow you to purchase your tickets before you reach the Turnstiles. There will be no cash taken at the turnstiles.

Is Mise

Seán Óg McAteer
Runaí Coiste Chontae an Dúin

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 09, 2014, 10:40:41 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 09, 2014, 03:11:08 PM
Haven't seen too much of Hurley but if he is too languid for football would he not be too languid for AR?

He was on trial with Freemantle last year and is believed to be joining them in October. I think he set some really good figures in the AFL Draft tests that the Australians seem to place a lot of stock in.

Yet to do it consistently for Kildare in senior football but it's not for a lack of talent. He did fall out with McGeeney a number of times over disciplinary issues. He strikes me as a player that needs a good kick up the backside every now and again to get him motivated.

I know he's 21/22, so hopefully there's time for him to change, but his current approach would lead me to believe that he is never going to reach his potential in any code of football. Really hope I'm wrong as he seems a likeable guy, with all the skills.

Down Follower

Quote from: bcarrier on July 10, 2014, 08:47:14 PM

We hope your visit to Newry and Pairc Esler will be an enjoyable one, the Turnstiles will open at 12.30pm and there will be a Ticket Unit in operation from 12.15 to allow you to purchase your tickets before you reach the Turnstiles. There will be no cash taken at the turnstiles.

Is Mise

Seán Óg McAteer

Is it just me or is this system simply not working!!

Donnellys Hollow

1 Mark Donnellan - Maynooth
2 Ciarán Fitzpatrick - Kilcock
3 Hugh McGrillen - Celbridge
4 Ollie Lyons - Celbridge
5 Emmet Bolton - Eadestown
6 Fergal Conway - Celbridge
7 Keith Cribbin - Johnstownbridge
8 Tommy Moolick - Leixlip
9 Gary White - Sarsfields
10 Cathal McNally - Johnstownbridge
11 Niall Kelly - Athy
12 Pádraig O'Neill - St Laurence's
13 Éamonn Callaghan - Naas
14 Pádraig Fogarty - St Laurence's
15 Paddy Brophy - Celbridge

Some of those players selected are very lucky to retain their places. I would have liked to see Hyland and O'Flaherty in there. Chalky should add a bit of badly needed leadership around the middle but we will be travelling more in hope than in expectation.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

lynchbhoy

that's a very 'clean' defensive setup - is there no more dirty south (east) Kildare defenders that could come into this lineup?

Kildare just need a run of games in the qualifiers to find themselves. they have a decent squad but just haven't got going this season.
not sure if down would be the team id pick to try and gain momentum with.

IF Moolick is told not to shoot, then Kildare have a better chance. id like to see smith in the FF line alongside one of the big lads and the other big lad coming out to hf (I get mixed up with brophy and fogarty - id leave the freetaker in and the other big lad out).

Obv Callaghan will come out. Id play Oneill behind mf to 'sweep'. Or drop back to mf and white to stay back to cover defence.

If Kildare catch fire, they could still o well in championship yet as only three maybe four teams have shown well thus far.
Dublin, Kerry, monaghan and Donegal.
Mayo could start their run this weekend.

if Kildare defenders were a bit more physical, they could rebuff the small nippy down attackers. You never know what you will get from down. Sublime perf or fall flat.
Form would indicate Down, but I think theres still a good chance for the flourbags!
Carrickdale best place to come off the motorway and stop for food btw Dinny.

5 Sams

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 11, 2014, 12:39:31 PM
that's a very 'clean' defensive setup - is there no more dirty south (east) Kildare defenders that could come into this lineup?

Kildare just need a run of games in the qualifiers to find themselves. they have a decent squad but just haven't got going this season.
not sure if down would be the team id pick to try and gain momentum with.

IF Moolick is told not to shoot, then Kildare have a better chance. id like to see smith in the FF line alongside one of the big lads and the other big lad coming out to hf (I get mixed up with brophy and fogarty - id leave the freetaker in and the other big lad out).

Obv Callaghan will come out. Id play Oneill behind mf to 'sweep'. Or drop back to mf and white to stay back to cover defence.

If Kildare catch fire, they could still o well in championship yet as only three maybe four teams have shown well thus far.
Dublin, Kerry, monaghan and Donegal.
Mayo could start their run this weekend.

if Kildare defenders were a bit more physical, they could rebuff the small nippy down attackers. You never know what you will get from down. Sublime perf or fall flat.
Form would indicate Down, but I think theres still a good chance for the flourbags!
Carrickdale best place to come off the motorway and stop for food btw Dinny.

+1 Fierce good grub in there...don't forget the discount.

There are many fine restaurants in the Town Centre whilst the Canal Court Hotel can be found on merchants Quay, the Canal Court Hotel are offering a discount of 10% to patrons who eat in the Hotel on Sunday and quote the reference GAA2014. This offer also applies in the sister Hotel the Carrickdale Hotel which is located just off the M1 at the exit for Jonesborough.

Hopefully that's all youse Flourbags will get out of us ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

They'll regret that discount.
Them Kildare lads eat like horses.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

johnneycool

Quote from: Jinxy on July 11, 2014, 02:52:08 PM
They'll regret that discount.
Them Kildare lads eat like horses.

The mixed grill in the Canal Court would choke a horse.

Fuzzman

Have had me head stuck in the Armagh Tyrone thread all week as we dig up aul hostilities.
Fighting like Cats and Dogs all week and then I stick my head in here and ye lads are buying each other dinners with no mention of the Orangemen

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 11, 2014, 03:30:12 PM
Have had me head stuck in the Armagh Tyrone thread all week as we dig up aul hostilities.
Fighting like Cats and Dogs all week and then I stick my head in here and ye lads are buying each other dinners with no mention of the Orangemen

Some counties have that bit of class about them, some don't Fuzzman!

charlieTully

Quote from: Down Follower on July 11, 2014, 10:59:30 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on July 10, 2014, 08:47:14 PM

Is Mise

Seán Óg McAteer
Is it just me or is this system simply not working!!
[/quote.

I have been at two games with this system in operation and both times throw in was delayed.

bridgegael

one of them times was a club game with very few in attendance.  wouldv advise trying to buy your ticket before going to pairc esler
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Gabriel

1 Michael Cunningham - Castlewellan
2 Dan McCartan - Burren
3 Niall Donnelly - Tullylish
4 Darren O'Hagan - Clonduff
5 Ciaran McCartan - Warrenpoint
6 Conor Garvey - Mayobridge
7 Kevin McKernan - Burren
8 Dan Gordon - Loughinisland
9 Peter Turley - Downpatrick
10 Benny Coulter - Mayobridge
11 Conor Maginn - Bryansford
12 Mark Poland - Longstone
13 Donal O'Hare - Burren
14 Niall Madine - Saval
15 Conor Laverty - Kilcoo

So McCartan & Donnelly both keep their places. Benny McArdle seems to have been ruled out, any word on whether Carr is injured? Garvey, if fit, is a solid selection at CHB anyway. As always with James you can't help but feel there'll be changes before the game.