How long does it take to change colours?

Started by Bud Wiser, June 30, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2014, 05:26:58 PM
The Roscommon one on here are getting as bad as the Nordies for taking over every thread.

Fixed that for you.

Syferus

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 30, 2014, 05:40:58 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 30, 2014, 05:26:58 PM
The Roscommon one on here are getting as bad as the Nordies for taking over every thread.

Fixed that for you.

It wasn't Roscommon people that started commenting on a totally on-topic post. Shooting the messenger.

Try to keep things on topic from now on, eh?

Hardy

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on June 30, 2014, 05:29:10 PM
BTW, Hardy, whatever about Kerry..having the young fella supporting Meath from Cork is fairly hardcore!

Aye. He used to wear the Meath jersey all about the place here (he's out foreign now, hitched up with a Kerry woman, would ya believe). That used to worry me a bit, but he never got into any trouble. I'd never have got away with it myself, but I'm more easily riz.

panc56

Living in Dublin 20 years and there is no circumstance where I would support Dublin footballers. A great Gaa club community exists in the capital but I just can't extend that to the county set up. Maybe due to the amount of gobshites who go to Dubs matches. Strangely their hurlers I've no problem with.

Billys Boots

Once a Larry, always a Larry - why would you want to be anything else?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

DoireGael

I personally live in London but I'm a Derry man through and through in regards supporting. Who are London's supporters? I do support them in the Connaught championship and by support I mean glance at the result on RTE etc.

Bingo

Round the border, specifically round Blayney it seems very easy to change colours particularly between Armagh and Monaghan. When they were winning Ulsters and the All-Ireland it was hard to tell who was from where. More recently these people seem to have taken a look at the map and have adjusted their colours accordingly. Will be interesting to see if this lasts.

muppet

Lived in Dublin for 23 years.

I support the Dubs and by support I mean go to the pub, shout at the telly the wrong times and only attend Mayo games.

MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

How long does it take to change colours?
Well, forever in the case of the true Gaels of Ballaghadereen.
For 6 long generations the worthy burghers of Ballagh have resisted the threats blandishments and/or entreaties of the sheepshaggers and mud wallahs who surround them.  Since 1898 they have remained true to their heritage
The have never wavered in their loyalty to their spiritual home.
Mark my words, Ming Flanagan will be pope long before Ballagh lowers the beloved green and red.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

If the GAA clowns in Ballagh want to continue to wallow in the darkness, muck, gutter and sewerlands of backwardness and ignorance- let them at it the fools, the fools the fools....
Our revenge will be the laughter of the children the day we bring Sam to the Square so the enlightened, intelligent, progressive, go ahead folk of that town can thank God that they moved on from the darkness etc imposed on their town by the GAA club.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Billys Boots

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 01, 2014, 09:01:02 AM
Once a Larry, always a Larry - why would you want to be anything else?

I've lived in Dublin for 30 years; my kids are Dubs supporters, which makes me want them to lose to the power of infinity. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dont Matter

The lad that started this thread is an embarrassment to himself, his family and his original county. Support the dubs? He's the kinda fella that would tout on his neighbours to the brits to save his own skin.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Fuzzman

I might to reply to this thread several times as I've actually lived longer outside Tyrone now than I have in it which indeed is sad.

I went to school in Derry so in 1993 I was supporting Cork in the AI final. I know. The shame of it.
Went to college with a pile of Derry wans hi and so continued my hatred for the "Horse it into ye Sor" brigade as we fought each other in many a good battle during the 90's.

In 96 I moved to Dublin, chasing a half Donegal half Dublin woman and so I was very anti Dubs back then and surprisingly even more anti Mead for some reason

Then during the noughties when we finally got our act together and football was RE-invented was when I really enjoyed playing the Dubs. The fact that we beat them a few times in big games in Croker on our way to winning the AI really added to the spectacle for me as having loads of Dublin mates at that stage.

However since 2008 and Tyrone's demise the hatred for Dublin starting to build again and I had my first born son wearing the red and white from day 1. However now with 4 kids all supporting the Dubs and their cousin MDMA it's hard to not get sucked in by it all.
I was glad to see them win it in 2011 for MDMA and his dad but I was less pleased last year.

Whilst I will always be a Tyrone fan, I find myself taking the kids to Croker now more often to watch the durty Dubs and listening to their totally biased and often scandalous fans. Of course we all have fans we're embarrassed by but I notice the fact that so many Dub fans are not used to being in the minority at matches as they rarely leave Croker that they really hate it when others shout things against the Dubs. I've already been to two Dubs match this year (league final) and I often find I'm clapping along with the kids through gritted teeth.
I'm tempted to take the eldest son to the match in Clones or Omagh but don't know is he ready to explain to him yet about the 12th July and why Armagh are not the real Orangemen.

The Hill is Blue

I don't think any true supporter would ever change his county allegiance if he moved elsewhere, and of course this applies to the very many culchies who end up settling in Dublin. However, many of their sons end up on the player conveyor belt which feeds the Dublin senior squad and at that point their anti-Dublin prejudice becomes blunted.

Ironic or what?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Fuzzman