R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tyroneman on July 15, 2014, 09:11:01 PM
So are we all agreed then? on the principle of

Quote"Bate fair and square,  have a bit of decorum and take it on the chin!!!"

and

QuoteHe did what he did, get the f**k over it.  It is against the rules of the game and he got away with it like many players get away with things in every game. 

We Tyrone folk will stop yapping about McKeever and his Judas elbow / forearm and you Armagh folks will fcuk up about Jordan 11 years on?

Sorted?

Great!

That sounds like a plan.

seanaglis

Fuzzman is the tyrone equivalent of pat spillane. Just replace 'puke football' with 'dirty mckeever'. Stop embarrassing yourself lad

muppet

Quote from: general_lee on July 15, 2014, 09:45:46 PM
He didn't fckin elbow him! He fore-armed him  ;D

And of course we all know fore-armed is fore-warned, so Cavanagh knew it was coming!
MWWSI 2017

Fuzzman

Quote from: seanaglis on July 15, 2014, 11:26:25 PM
Fuzzman is the tyrone equivalent of pat spillane. Just replace 'puke football' with 'dirty mckeever'. Stop embarrassing yourself lad
I'm embarrassing myself????
On Sunday night not many knew of this incident.
Those fools on TSG said that there was nothing in that schmozzle but handbags.
We can see from the photos and video that McKeever charged at Sean from behind, clearly raising his elbow and directing it at Sean's neck or lower head area.
It's hard to make out where the connection is but you can clearly see Sean's head move with the force of the collision. I think it was on his neck and it was his forearm that made contact.
He then grabs his neck whilst the ref stares in that direction.

Now, I think that's a fair summary of the incident and a few of ye Armagh lads have used words like forearm and admitted Conor Gormley has done similar throat holding.
I think what is really embarrassing is none of ye have admitted that it was a disgraceful act from behind but instead ye try to somehow justify it by saying crazy things like Sean deserved it. It's a man's game. Gormley and Ricey have done worse etc.

Like so many have said. We were terrible on Sun and should have lost by far more but what the hell has that got to do with me highlighting a scandalous attack from behind which the media seem to miss.
Brolly and Co.have been spouting off all year about stopping cynical play yet here is a highly cynical incident which has been brushed under the carpet.

If you any of ye think I should have just said nothing and not showed the pics please justify why.
Some of you asked for pics and then video evidence but not many have came back afterwards and said yes that deserves a suspension. He went to do him.

DuffleKing

Fuzzman

Yeah Duffleking. You should have been in bed by nine.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2014, 12:07:49 AM
We can see from the photos and video that McKeever charged at Sean from behind, clearly raising his elbow and directing it at Sean's neck or lower head area.
It's hard to make out where the connection is but you can clearly see Sean's head move with the force of the collision. I think it was on his neck and it was his forearm that made contact.

Now, I think that's a fair summary of the incident and a few of ye Armagh lads have used words like forearm and admitted Conor Gormley has done similar throat holding.
I think what is really embarrassing is none of ye have admitted that it was a disgraceful act from behind but instead ye try to somehow justify it by saying crazy things like Sean deserved it. It's a man's game. Gormley and Ricey have done worse etc.

Like so many have said. We were terrible on Sun and should have lost by far more but what the hell has that got to do with me highlighting a scandalous attack from behind which the media seem to miss.
Brolly and Co.have been spouting off all year about stopping cynical play yet here is a highly cynical incident which has been brushed under the carpet.

If you any of ye think I should have just said nothing and not showed the pics please justify why.
Some of you asked for pics and then video evidence but not many have came back afterwards and said yes that deserves a suspension. He went to do him.

Get over it the only issue I have is that Tyrone are in serious need of a few lads like McKeever. Was much happier when Tyrones back line and midfield contained a few nasty lads and the whole country was giving out about the dark arts than the gutless shower we have at the moment. First time in over 30 years i have seen an Armagh side put the fear of god in Tyrone men and i hope to fcuk its the last time I ever have to wittness it. I dread the day Gormely retires.

T Fearon

A pleasing aspect on Sunday was the restraint shown by joyous Armagh fans at the end to their Tyrone counterparts, in contrast to the scenario at Croke Park in 05 when practically every Armagh fan had to endure taunts from one or more Tyrone supporters in their vicinity.

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on July 16, 2014, 03:14:36 AM
A pleasing aspect on Sunday was the restraint shown by joyous Armagh fans at the end to their Tyrone counterparts, in contrast to the scenario at Croke Park in 05 when practically every Armagh fan had to endure taunts from one or more Tyrone supporters in their vicinity.

It wasn't just the fans, T.  If you've read Oisin's book, you'll know what incident I'm talking about

haveaharp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 16, 2014, 12:07:49 AM

I dont think anyone would condone McKeevers actions and its not something anyone wants to see on the pitch. He shouldnt have done what he did, but i dont think its as bad as you are making out. Lets face it, if someone wants to Judas someone with the elbow from behind that person is unlikely to be getting up for 5 mins.

Dont Matter

Ah angel McKeever, it wouldn't be the first time he threw a cowardly dig when the other player wasn't looking. When he's face to face with them he either runs away or starts crying to big papa about getting racially abused.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

rrhf

Ti e to wrap this one up all said that needs to be said. 
One final comment,
Did the Armagh captain leave his club for a more professional one in Dublin?
How many Armagh captains and players have now done that?
This would never be allowed to happen in Tyrone. 
Good look against the Rossies... 

haveaharp

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2014, 09:01:37 AM
One final comment,

Maybe the Dubs just dont want ye about the place.

orangeman

I imagine that Fuzzman is coming from the position in which Tyrone found themselves this time last year when at half time in the Monaghan Tyrone quarter final, the CCCCCC suspended Penrose and Gornley for Dessie Mone hitting himself a slap in the mouth.
Fuzzman I would imagine is just trying to say that Tyrone were and are singled out for treatment by teams and by CCCC and RTE / Brolly are happy to highlight any Tyrone indiscretions but conveniently ignore Sunday's incident and pass it off as a bit of handbags even though FUzznan has shown that MC KEever's contribution was slightly more than that.

Would that be your thinking Fuzz ! Apologies if I have taken you up wrong.

rrhf

Quote from: haveaharp on July 16, 2014, 09:08:40 AM
Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2014, 09:01:37 AM
One final question or two...

Maybe the Dubs just dont want ye about the place.
I think its more than that.
With such a flow of Orchard men moving around the country at playing levels....  are these guys being offered carrots?