R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Cregg better get the boxing gloves on for Saturday.

haveaharp

Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2014, 10:51:50 AM
Armagh will no doubt hope to close the 24 point gap from their last day out against Tyrone.

Glad we were able to achieve that.

Fuzzman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2014, 09:12:59 AM

Would it not be more appropriate for you to concentrate on Tyrone's poor performance and the downward spiral that your county appears to be on rather than focussing on feigning outrage at a bout of handbags.

No

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 01:02:33 AM
Maybe he was about to pick his nose as he charged at Sean.
I've highlighted it now and that's all I wanted to do.
Yis can judge for yourselves but I wonder does yellowcard still think "No, it was only handbags".

Would it not be more appropriate for you to concentrate on Tyrone's poor performance and the downward spiral that your county appears to be on rather than focussing on feigning outrage at a bout of handbags. Or alternatively just simply send your cv onto the CCCCCCCCC since you seem to have done plenty of research on this incident. I watched the game live and again on the Sunday Game and I never seen what you claim to have seen but I haven't heard either Harte or Cavanagh (in post match interviews) or any commentators/journalists make reference to a phantom elbow in the face that you claim to have seen. And they have plenty of reason to criticise with the media ban that currently exists in Armagh. Just get over the defeat.     

Well if it wasn't mentioned on the Sunday Game then it mustn't have happened. Are you suggesting that those pictures are photoshopped then? I'd doubt very much if Fuzz is blaming that incident for the Tyrone loss but it is most definitely a discussion point for a discussion board.
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Much has been made of the impact Mc Geeney has had on the team this year ( rightly or wrongly ). But what is clear is that Amragh have went for a very well organised defence which looks like Mc Geeney's fingerprints. Armagh have also in the championship went for an extremely physical, almost aggressive approach and it definitely has been a success. The fleg incident and Sunday's wrestling match just after throw in was a throw back to the good old days. You can't get a black card for that.

Fuzzman

No, definitely not black Orangeman.

What was Mattie actually booked for and why him? The cameras were too slow to pick up him and his man. Did any of ye see it real time?

yellowcard

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 15, 2014, 10:52:16 AM
Yis can judge for yourselves but I wonder does yellowcard still think "No, it was only handbags".

Would it not be more appropriate for you to concentrate on Tyrone's poor performance and the downward spiral that your county appears to be on rather than focussing on feigning outrage at a bout of handbags. Or alternatively just simply send your cv onto the CCCCCCCCC since you seem to have done plenty of research on this incident. I watched the game live and again on the Sunday Game and I never seen what you claim to have seen but I haven't heard either Harte or Cavanagh (in post match interviews) or any commentators/journalists make reference to a phantom elbow in the face that you claim to have seen. And they have plenty of reason to criticise with the media ban that currently exists in Armagh. Just get over the defeat.     

Well if it wasn't mentioned on the Sunday Game then it mustn't have happened. Are you suggesting that those pictures are photoshopped then? I'd doubt very much if Fuzz is blaming that incident for the Tyrone loss but it is most definitely a discussion point for a discussion board.

They are what you say they are.....pictures and still frame photographs that prove absolutely nothing. Watch the video and you will see that there was minimal force and also put it into context. There were about a dozen other players pushing and shoving whilst this was going on. I do understand where you are going with all this though and it involves trying to create a story in order to bring the incident into the public domain to instigate an investigation. Maybe if Fuzzman gets the job on the CCC he will haul big bad McKeever up and dish out the ban he so clearly wants to see. After Jordan got Marsden sent off wrongly in 2003 there were few cries of injustice from Tyrone then.     

yellowcard

Quote from: orangeman on July 15, 2014, 10:56:24 AM
Much has been made of the impact Mc Geeney has had on the team this year ( rightly or wrongly ). But what is clear is that Amragh have went for a very well organised defence which looks like Mc Geeney's fingerprints. Armagh have also in the championship went for an extremely physical, almost aggressive approach and it definitely has been a success. The fleg incident and Sunday's wrestling match just after throw in was a throw back to the good old days. You can't get a black card for that.

I think its fairly obvious that the change of style and gameplan is primarily down to McGeeney. The media ban is also mostly down to McGeeney and his effort to try and gain a psychological edge and create a siege mentality among the squad. Up until the spring of this year Grimley was giving interviews on a twice weekly basis, quite often when there was no need to. The defensive gameplan is also McGeeneys preferred style of play and there is no doubt that he has been responsible for this complete U turn from last year. Also being the agressors on the pitch, not giving an inch and never backing down was the way that McGeeney played the game himself and he seems to have tried to implement this mindset into the current squad. None of this sits well with the autorities but if it gets results nobody will care. For the last 4 or 5 years Armagh had become a soft touch and were too easy to play against. At least this championship we seem to have reversed this trend.

Fuzzman

So just for the record Yellow you still maintain there was no intent, contact or harm done?

ONeill

To give McKeever credit he went out to rattle Tyrone from the start. At the toss-up he refused to look at Sean and wouldn't shake hands. Sean just put his thumb up.

Then he ran towards the handbagging, zoned in on Sean, cracked him on the head with his elbow and then refused to let go of his throat.

When O'Neill was causing bother at the start of the second, he went over to him and gave him a minute of the verbals.

He then had a wee dig at Conor Gormley. So there's our three stalwarts and Ciaran made sure they knew he was there.

He set the tone for the way Armagh were to win the game and executed it perfectly. He won, despite the black card.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on July 15, 2014, 11:42:33 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 15, 2014, 10:52:16 AM

They are what you say they are.....pictures and still frame photographs that prove absolutely nothing. Watch the video and you will see that there was minimal force and also put it into context. There were about a dozen other players pushing and shoving whilst this was going on. I do understand where you are going with all this though and it involves trying to create a story in order to bring the incident into the public domain to instigate an investigation. Maybe if Fuzzman gets the job on the CCC he will haul big bad McKeever up and dish out the ban he so clearly wants to see. After Jordan got Marsden sent off wrongly in 2003 there were few cries of injustice from Tyrone then.     

I'd love it if the CCC used my posts on here as a basis for their investigations, but sadly I'm not 100% sure that is the case. As long as we're clear on your position, an elbow to the face is ok, as long as there is minimal force and as long as loads of other people are pushing and shoving each other? Got it!
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 11:54:15 AM
So just for the record Yellow you still maintain there was no intent, contact or harm done?

Harm done? Definitely not, Cavanagh never flinched nor suffered any injury. I've seen worse in a school playground. As for the intent and contact bits, well there are different levels of intent and contact. I'm sure he intended to make contact with Cavanagh just as other players wished to engage in throat grabbing, pushing and wrestling in the same incident. Its all part of the bravado and psychological warfare that players like to engage in particularly early on in matches. Anyway this incident has received far too much talk already than it actually warrants so I'm not going to give it any more discussion. You might be better off discussing what lies ahead for the future of Tyrone football and its manager after a poor season.   

JP

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 11:14:49 AM
No, definitely not black Orangeman.

What was Mattie actually booked for and why him? The cameras were too slow to pick up him and his man. Did any of ye see it real time?

At the throw up him and aidan forker ran in to try and get the breaking ball. Both had their hands on each other and both fell to ground and engaged in harmless wrestling.  2 yellows the fair result.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2014, 09:30:21 AM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 15, 2014, 12:34:43 AM
I'm sure I'll get crucified for these but don't shoot the messenger. I'm not the one with the raised elbow.
Of course this is not why we lost the match but as the lads said tonight in Newstalk, was it a coincidence that Armagh took out Cavan's best player before the game and then targeted Tyrone's best player right at the start. Not my words lads I'm just "retweeting". Geezer must love being back in Ulster football.  ;D

Back, and to the left..... back, and to the left.

From those photos it looks like a deliberate and cowardly hit. But I would have to see it in real time to be certain.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

It seems if you don't hit someone too hard it's alright. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM