R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on June 30, 2014, 08:28:59 PM
Quote from: Armamike on June 30, 2014, 06:33:28 PM
Tyrone posters here are rightly confident to be possibly playing Armagh more so than Monaghan. The drubbing in January and the defeats the past few years will have Armagh mentally fragile, plus Tyrone are just playing at a higher level than Armagh. It's a good tie for Tyrone.

I agree. Fully expect Monaghan to win replay. Then I expect Tyrone to give Armagh a bit of a lesson.

What sort of lesson ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fuzzman

Quote from: yellowcard on July 14, 2014, 10:38:44 AM
Claiming an elbow on poor Sean Cavanagh on the side of the face and then calling for a suspension for Mckeever. And to think of all the poor children watching this big bad man! Handbags if ever I seen handbags, at least the referee showed a common sense approach. Lets face it, Tyrone were comprehensively beaten by a better side in their own back yard but calling for Armagh suspensions is just sour grapes.

As I typed this last night I thought this will probably sound like sour grapes but feck it McKeever definitely did it and I bet a lot didn't see it. So why should we let him away with it just cos we lost.
Did you see the incident Yellowcard? Are you saying he didn't go in with his elbow raised towards Sean's head? Are you saying that he did but it shouldn't be highlighted?

Nowhere have I said that Tyrone were not well beaten. I actually said we should have been beaten by FAR more. So NO SOUR grapes here. I'm actually happy the seasons is over before we got totally  embarrassed by one of the big guns in Croker.
If you read my posts over the last 2 weeks you would see I was constantly talking down Tyrone and worried about Mickey's team selections all year.

I am well justified though to highlight the disgraceful assault by McKeever on Cavanagh and wonder how the CCCC can pick up some things and give suspensions yet totally ignore others.

You seem to take the attitude that so what if he did it. Tyrone well deserve it so shut TF up.

In fairness Tyroneman it's been 9 years since they've beaten us and I think they genuinely didn't believe how bad we could be so I can totally understand the over exuberant celebrations.
They've had to sit back and watch us won three AI's whilst they drifted away into the darkness.
There has been a lot of Anti Tyrone feeling around Ulster for some time now which I think is only naturally so a few years ago we give Kerry what they wanted. This year we've added Monaghan and Armagh to that list with Donegal also having taken our scalp a lot lately.

I think I'll start watching Breaking Bad again.  ;D

Throw ball

The CCCC seem to be selective in what they do and I would doubt Fuzzman that you have enough influence there. Have not seen highlights yet so will not comment on incident. I do know, however, that when Mallon, for example, got banned following the Cavan incident that Armagh had video evidence of him getting punched a number of times before he retaliated. He got ban and the Cavan player did not. McKeever getting a ban now wouldn't go down too well with Armagh.

Zip Code

Quote from: cadhlancian on July 14, 2014, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 11:15:12 AM
Zip Code - you have tried about a dozen times now to get our attention. Please let the big boys talk.

This result and the Longford Derry game makes a mockery of the NFL. Apart from the Dubs and Mayo there's not a lot between mid division 1 and division 3.
++1++++111
An absolute bellend. Just berates people the whole time. Not one have sensible comment in his 170 odd comments. f**k away off to Hogand Stand

Ahh bless, are you one of Shane's pupils.  :-*  You must be enjoying the holidays reading all my posts.

Zip Code

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2014, 04:24:50 PM
Claiming an elbow on poor Sean Cavanagh on the side of the face and then calling for a suspension for Mckeever. And to think of all the poor children watching this big bad man! Handbags if ever I seen handbags, at least the referee showed a common sense approach. Lets face it, Tyrone were comprehensively beaten by a better side in their own back yard but calling for Armagh suspensions is just sour grapes.

As I typed this last night I thought this will probably sound like sour grapes but feck it McKeever definitely did it and I bet a lot didn't see it. So why should we let him away with it just cos we lost.
Did you see the incident Yellowcard? Are you saying he didn't go in with his elbow raised towards Sean's head? Are you saying that he did but it shouldn't be highlighted?

Nowhere have I said that Tyrone were not well beaten. I actually said we should have been beaten by FAR more. So NO SOUR grapes here. I'm actually happy the seasons is over before we got totally  embarrassed by one of the big guns in Croker.
If you read my posts over the last 2 weeks you would see I was constantly talking down Tyrone and worried about Mickey's team selections all year.

I am well justified though to highlight the disgraceful assault by McKeever on Cavanagh and wonder how the CCCC can pick up some things and give suspensions yet totally ignore others.

You seem to take the attitude that so what if he did it. Tyrone well deserve it so shut TF up.

In fairness Tyroneman it's been 9 years since they've beaten us and I think they genuinely didn't believe how bad we could be so I can totally understand the over exuberant celebrations.
They've had to sit back and watch us won three AI's whilst they drifted away into the darkness.
There has been a lot of Anti Tyrone feeling around Ulster for some time now which I think is only naturally so a few years ago we give Kerry what they wanted. This year we've added Monaghan and Armagh to that list with Donegal also having taken our scalp a lot lately.

Yip, just get over it ffs.  ::)

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2014, 04:24:50 PM

If McKeever elbowed Cavanagh in the face in a 'disgraceful assault' as you claim then I think Cavanagh would have went down like a sack of spuds as he normally would at the faintest of touches. I did see the incident and as I said I thought the referee dealt with a handbags affair sensibly. You probably should have contacted the joe Duffy show today where you would have had the perfect forum to vent your feigned anger at such a disgraceful attack.

As for the over exuberant celebrations, I don't think that is the case at all but I was surprised just how poor Tyrone were. A team that were a kick in the ball from getting to last years AI final have regressed dramatically this year and I've never seen a Tyrone team surrender as meekly as yesterdays team. 

Fuzzman

So as you did see the incident did you think he went in to hit him with a raised elbow?
You can clearly see Sean's head moving away as if he was struck but he couldn't fall as he then holds onto his neck like he did back in 2005.

I have nothing to get over as I am not looking for scape goats but I just want some of you to not just sweep this under the carpet as if it didn't happen JUST COS you won.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2014, 05:59:05 PM
So as you did see the incident did you think he went in to hit him with a raised elbow?
You can clearly see Sean's head moving away as if he was struck but he couldn't fall as he then holds onto his neck like he did back in 2005.

I have nothing to get over as I am not looking for scape goats but I just want some of you to not just sweep this under the carpet as if it didn't happen JUST COS you won.

No.

mb80b60

The Tyronies aren't taking this too well  :o

rrhf

Quote from: mb80b60 on July 14, 2014, 08:22:32 PM
The Tyronies aren't taking this too well  :o
Not at all we knew we were in trouble this year.  I'm very angry about the targeting of Mattie donnelly who got booked for defending himself and subsequently the dive and subsequent exaggeration  to get him sent off.  I'd have no complaints but for the diving really. 

orangeman

Tyrone like Cavan in the Athletic grounds started a row early on and it seemed counter productive and only galvanised Armagh - you'd have thought that Tyrone would have learnt their lesson from the incident involving the Enniskillen band.

The band it seems were afraid to come to Omagh yesterday after threats from Armagh supporters waiting in them at the Silver Birch.

Gaffer

Armagh were the better team  yesterday and deserved their victory. Hope they do well in this years competition.

McKeever charged in with the elbow to catch Cavanagh at the scuffles the start.

Usually these scuffles are punch free and players indulge in a strength test against the opposition with no real intention of hurting their opponent.

McKeever however attempted to seriously injure cavanagh and deserved a red card for his failed attempt.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Post elbow neck grip by McKeever:

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 11:29:48 PM
Post elbow neck grip by McKeever:

Makes you wonder why Mattie Donnelly ( pictured onlooking ) and Aidan Forker were both booked for.

general_lee