R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Loads of time to take up position on that.

Zip Code

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 12:32:13 AM
McKeever is a walking black card.

However, he set the tone from the start and it worked.

McKeever was pumped from the start. He refused to look or shake hands with Sean. Then, as you say, he used the handbags to elbow Sean in the head. Scummy enough.

Sean's brother was at scummy enough antics, it's great seeing the Tyronies making excuses, Armagh were better all over the pitch, get over it.

orangeman

As is normal now when one team wins a big match, we get the usual " the other team were hungrier, looked a lot fitter, were more organised, were stronger in the tackle, had a better game plan, were up for it, " etc etc etc.

Armagh had a better team. In most positions, Armagh won the individual battles. Armagh deserved their win and if anything, should have not been hanging on defending their goal at the end. It could have been much more comfortable.

Grimley has taken a lot of stick so well done to him and the backroom team.

Tyrone were described last night as a team in transition. I don't fully understand that point. They've been in transition as good while now.

yellowcard

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2014, 12:24:20 AM
Just watched it there on Brolly TV and if you watch the axhmozzle carefully McKeever will be very lucky to escape a suspension. He comes running in from the side and appears to hit Sean with his elbow around the side of the face or neck.
He then does the neck grab thing on Sean for ages.

Then you've got Whelan and Spillane saying its only handbags. How did they not highlight McKeevers attack on Sean
If you've not saw it then don't be commenting until you watch it.
Also noticed Spillane praised McGeeney but not Grimley. Unreal

Claiming an elbow on poor Sean Cavanagh on the side of the face and then calling for a suspension for Mckeever. And to think of all the poor children watching this big bad man! Handbags if ever I seen handbags, at least the referee showed a common sense approach. Lets face it, Tyrone were comprehensively beaten by a better side in their own back yard but calling for Armagh suspensions is just sour grapes. 

illdecide

I'm not going to come on here saying this and that...I honestly didn't know how the game was going to pan out yesterday but I'm obviously happy with the outcome, I was a bit shocked tbh at how bad Tyrone were but at the same time there was only one kick of the ball in it for all Armagh's dominance and we def still need a lot of work.

I was disappointed when he brought on B Donaghy for the last five minutes or so...we already had an extra man and a forward at that stage prob would have finished them off properly but instead we invited them onto us, for the next day out we need to fit Grugan and A Kernan into the team. They will improve us.

As for Tyrone where do they go from here...I dunno but I can only see them improve and just write this year off as a bad job.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

Quote from: illdecide on July 14, 2014, 10:52:45 AM
I'm not going to come on here saying this and that...I honestly didn't know how the game was going to pan out yesterday but I'm obviously happy with the outcome, I was a bit shocked tbh at how bad Tyrone were but at the same time there was only one kick of the ball in it for all Armagh's dominance and we def still need a lot of work.

I was disappointed when he brought on B Donaghy for the last five minutes or so...we already had an extra man and a forward at that stage prob would have finished them off properly but instead we invited them onto us, for the next day out we need to fit Grugan and A Kernan into the team. They will improve us.

As for Tyrone where do they go from here...I dunno but I can only see them improve and just write this year off as a bad job.

That's about right.

Armagh are fairly strong defensively. It's a pity Jamie hasn't another top class forward to play off. A young Stevie McDonnell type forward would see Armagh as comfortable quarter final prospects.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Zip Code

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 14, 2014, 12:24:20 AM
Just watched it there on Brolly TV and if you watch the axhmozzle carefully McKeever will be very lucky to escape a suspension. He comes running in from the side and appears to hit Sean with his elbow around the side of the face or neck.
He then does the neck grab thing on Sean for ages.

Then you've got Whelan and Spillane saying its only handbags. How did they not highlight McKeevers attack on Sean
If you've not saw it then don't be commenting until you watch it.
Also noticed Spillane praised McGeeney but not Grimley. Unreal

Maybe you should write to Paddy Heaney and get him to highlight it, kleenex must be sold out in Tyrone by now.  ;D

ONeill

Zip Code - you have tried about a dozen times now to get our attention. Please let the big boys talk.

This result and the Longford Derry game makes a mockery of the NFL. Apart from the Dubs and Mayo there's not a lot between mid division 1 and division 3.

illdecide

ONeill I'd agree with that... We have a decent defence, our mid field is okay but very young and in experienced but can hold their own, our attack has Clarke and Campbell can chip in with scores too but he gets played on the 40 too much and I feel he's better closer to goal. Another class forward or two would definitely be the answer to our problems...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Zip Code

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 11:15:12 AM
Zip Code - you have tried about a dozen times now to get our attention. Please let the big boys talk.

This result and the Longford Derry game makes a mockery of the NFL. Apart from the Dubs and Mayo there's not a lot between mid division 1 and division 3.

What a twit like you who's only intention was to try and belittle and patronize Armagh in the run up, but now you have to wind your neck in and the best you can come up with is scummy behaviour from McKeever, I take it your weren't at the match as there was plenty of scummy behaviour from the Tyrone players.  Tell you what log on as someone else and try to be funny, other than that dry your eyes son, Armagh beat Tyrone off the park and it was a pleasure to watch.  ;D ;D

ONeill

Quote from: illdecide on July 14, 2014, 11:21:08 AM
ONeill I'd agree with that... We have a decent defence, our mid field is okay but very young and in experienced but can hold their own, our attack has Clarke and Campbell can chip in with scores too but he gets played on the 40 too much and I feel he's better closer to goal. Another class forward or two would definitely be the answer to our problems...

Although it didn't look like it yesterday but if you had McCurry alongside Clarke and played to his strengths you'd have a good attack. Many of that minor side playing from a few years ago?

general_lee

Quote from: general_lee on June 30, 2014, 05:52:29 PM
It's win-win for Armagh.

Beat Monaghan and we're in an Ulster final.

Lose and we get to watch Ciaran McKeever bully Sean Cavanagh
;D ;D

tyroneman

Quote from: Zip Code on July 14, 2014, 11:43:54 AM

What a twit like you who's only intention was to try and belittle and patronize Armagh in the run up, but now you have to wind your neck in and the best you can come up with is scummy behaviour from McKeever, I take it your weren't at the match as there was plenty of scummy behaviour from the Tyrone players.  Tell you what log on as someone else and try to be funny, other than that dry your eyes son, Armagh beat Tyrone off the park and it was a pleasure to watch.  ;D ;D

A 1 score 'beating' off the park. Seriously, get the bunting out and an open top bus organised.

Maybe a little perspective would be in order - that's the first time in almost a decade Armagh have beaten Tyrone, yet you are celebrating like its the second coming.

It was a qualifier for goodness sake. That means neither team were good enough to throw a shape at Ulster.

Having said that Armagh look a good deal better than they have for years, many would say it is due to Geezer but I imagine Grimley was never as bad as people made out he was and perhaps the double act will push them on even further.

Armagh folk should get behind them now and enjoy the ride. Roscommon away will be difficult but not insurmountable.

As Tony says Armagh are prob the 3rd best team in Ulster at the moment.

I'm sure at this point you will be ready to flick through your comedic repetoire and serve up another dry your eyes / kleenex type reply to keep us all amused - but perhaps you could actually engage in, y'know, football discussion.........?

cadhlancian

++1++++111
An absolute bellend. Just berates people the whole time. Not one have sensible comment in his 170 odd comments. f**k away off to Hogand Stand

God14

I see Tony Fearon got a mention in todays 'Tyrone Tribulations'
You've made it now Tony  ;D