R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Thought I saw Fearon afterwards.

Here's me:
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

Just watched it there on Brolly TV and if you watch the axhmozzle carefully McKeever will be very lucky to escape a suspension. He comes running in from the side and appears to hit Sean with his elbow around the side of the face or neck.
He then does the neck grab thing on Sean for ages.

Then you've got Whelan and Spillane saying its only handbags. How did they not highlight McKeevers attack on Sean
If you've not saw it then don't be commenting until you watch it.
Also noticed Spillane praised McGeeney but not Grimley. Unreal

ONeill

McKeever is a walking black card.

However, he set the tone from the start and it worked.

McKeever was pumped from the start. He refused to look or shake hands with Sean. Then, as you say, he used the handbags to elbow Sean in the head. Scummy enough.

WT4E

Classic tactic of Armagh to,rough tyrone lads up before the start it just got us talking this evening:

Who are Tyrone's tough guys??? Are we relying on Sean cav and Colly cav? They wouldn't be ones for the heat of the battle and that's Tyrone's problems! Never mind the rest

As eamon Coleman once said: "nice guys win nahin"

ONeill

None. Gormley can handle himself but Armagh had our number in the physical stakes. And fair play to them. What McKeever did - see the Block a few years ago or Ricey.

you take er!

Delighted with the win. Only hoped, didn't expect, which makes it all the sweeter.
Some Tyrone lads wandering where their enforcers were gonna come from......lads...ye never had any! Ricey Good footballer but nothing more than a mouth, no hard man. Gormley?? (again good footballer) another mouth who's party piece was shoving with both hands while mouthing. Even going back to the noughties, for Armagh's physicality read Tyrones diving and ability to con frees. Prob will always produce more pure footballers than us but as today showed, it doesn't always get you there.
Happy tonight  8)

ONeill

You mustn't have seen much of Gormley. He perfected the Bellew art of the accidental decapitation.

Ricey I know what you mean but he didn't shirk from the physical either.

bennydorano

you take er!

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 01:24:05 AM
You mustn't have seen much of Gormley. He perfected the Bellew art of the accidental decapitation.

Ricey I know what you mean but he didn't shirk from the physical either.
How did gormley make it into a sentence with Francie????? He should never be there  ;) ;) ;)

balladmaker

On rare occasions, the planets allign and all is well in the world, tonight is one of those rare occasions :-)

Armagh should have been out of sight long, long before the end ... plenty to improve on but it's good to be still there to have the chance to improve.

No Tyrone supporter should ever call for or suggest that Micky Harte should go ... given what he has given to the county over many years, that decision should be Micky Harte's and his alone.  God knows, as an Armagh man, I've cursed him up and down over the years, but have nothing for him but the highest respect. 

BennyHarp

Quote from: balladmaker on July 14, 2014, 01:49:09 AM
On rare occasions, the planets allign and all is well in the world, tonight is one of those rare occasions :-)

Armagh should have been out of sight long, long before the end ... plenty to improve on but it's good to be still there to have the chance to improve.

No Tyrone supporter should ever call for or suggest that Micky Harte should go ... given what he has given to the county over many years, that decision should be Micky Harte's and his alone.  God knows, as an Armagh man, I've cursed him up and down over the years, but have nothing for him but the highest respect.

Just out of interest. If, hypothetically, Armagh had a manager who led them to the greatest years they ever experienced - do you think the Armagh fans could ever see a situation where they would openly criticise him for decisions he made and call for him to go? Even though he had given so much to the county during those years?
That was never a square ball!!

stew

Quote from: rrhf on July 13, 2014, 09:42:34 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 13, 2014, 09:27:13 PM
I was one who gave Armagh little chance today,but like hordes of Armagh fans I was in Healy Park today. That's the loyalty test.Management certainly seem to have instilled character and effective defensive systems but 17 wides today shows much work still to be done.
Of course there is but at what point do you admit Grimley is the man and my geeney makes a super number 2.

Still a shite stirring ballix after all these years rrhf, ye are cleaned fcuked!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

you take er!

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2014, 01:58:21 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on July 14, 2014, 01:49:09 AM

Just out of interest. If, hypothetically, Armagh had a manager who led them to the greatest years they ever experienced - do you think the Armagh fans could ever see a situation where they would openly criticise him for decisions he made and call for him to go? Even though he had given so much to the county during those years?

It happened - J. kernan

Fuzzman

Just curious.
With no stand out successor how many Tyrone fans think Mickey should stay on?

theticklemister

Go on ARMAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's one fair county in Ireland....