R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 09, 2014, 09:40:09 PM
How come his are all picking Carlin this time?
Surely Justy and McNamee are first choice now.
I think Mickey has finally lost patience with DC.
Marking Jamie will be a big task and you'd expect an extra man back there again.
I'd say he'll hold Block and Stevie till half time in this one.
I fancy Coney to get CHF with Shay dropping out

Just think Carlin is Mickey's old reliable in these circumstances with PJ out and a few others less than convincing. Personally I'd play Justy and McNamee in there but we'll wait and see. Who picks up Jamie is going to be the big question, McCrory has been performing well of late but he may go back to square one if given the run around by Clarke and I don't think he is a man to man marker at this level. I'd say we'll drop someone infront - Joe or Gormley maybe?
That was never a square ball!!

drici

Quote from: Orior on July 09, 2014, 09:46:25 PM
Quote from: drici on July 09, 2014, 09:15:13 PM
Under 21 Hurling Championship match between Tyrone and Armagh was postponed the night and is now on on Sunday before the Football.

Will Armagh be giving Tyrone a 10 point handicap start?

You might be thinking back to this kind of stuff.

Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2010, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Beo on May 15, 2010, 05:08:45 PM
Ard Macha 2-19 Tir Eoghain 0-09    (15 minutes gone - 2nd Half)

Ard Macha down to 14.

Was someone sent off or we just resting players?

illdecide

The Tyrone teams named there on paper looks strong enough tbh...we have one marque forward who will win his duel with who ever gets the job of marking him but when he turns and finds himself another two or three to beat then that's were we're f**ked. The Tyrone forward line are young and not that experienced but they have ability and pace and that's good enough for me to be worried. Armagh can beat Tyrone but it will take Tyrone to be under par and Armagh to perform one to fifteen and carry a bit of luck...the bookies v seldom get it wrong and they have Tyrone at 1\3 to win...enough said. Anyway the team I'd like to see line out against Tyrone is...

McEvoy
Morgan
Donaghy
A Mallon
M Shields
McKeever
Finn Mo (possibly could do a job on S Cavanagh)
Findon
Toner
R Grugan
Dyas
T Kernan
S Campbell
Rafferty
J Clarke

A Kernan in for Finn mo and use Aaron as a sweeper is a possibility or in the HF line...not sure tbh but he can do a job somewhere for us with his experience (some people are questioning his fitness but I'm not in the camp so don't know)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

anportmorforjfc

Lads is it possible to pay at the gate, or is it ticket only?

Fuzzman

I'd say it's definitely pay at the gate or at least ticket sales at the ground

Anyone want to buy 2 Gareth Brooks tickets. Will get you in to Omagh on Sunday too.  :o

I'd like to see Ronan O'Neill get more chances tbh. At the start of each year a lot of us think RoN, Coney, Mattie, McCurry are our future top forwards. I think Ronnie just got a tough game v Monaghan but he deserves another shot surely. Best player in the Sigerson a lot of ye said

LeoMc

With one eye on the future for this game I would go with

Morgan
McCrory   McNamee   McKenna
McNabb   Gormley    PJ
Cavanagh x 2
McGinley   R O'Neill   Matty
McCurry  Coney   McAliskey
I would be holding SON & McMahons x 2 back. I would like to hold Gormley back also but think we need at least one experienced head in there for another year yet. It is a smaller less physical Armagh team than previous years but it could still be the making or breaking of a few lads  who haven't stepped up.

Wee Roddy

How much influence has the horse got? Apparently him and one of the senior players who isnt getting on at the minute dont see eye to eye!

omagh_gael

According to Tony Donnelly in today's IN there is no chance of Joe making an appearance. Got a bang to his chest at the end of the Louth game. No luck at all.

Fuzzman

I heard there is a rake of changes expected for the game on Sunday

I see in the GL Mattie is a high risk. Anyone know any more on that?

Fuzzman

I think Mickey will pick

Morgan Fuels
Art McCrory
Just In McMahon
Rowan McNamee
Rowan McNabbed
Matt Chew
Blocked Off
2 Calves and no Horse
Homer McGinley
Rowan Tree O'Neill
The next four alphabetically from the rest of the 40 man squad.

WT4E

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 09, 2014, 09:40:09 PM
How come his are all picking Carlin this time?
Surely Justy and McNamee are first choice now.
I think Mickey has finally lost patience with DC.
Marking Jamie will be a big task and you'd expect an extra man back there again.
I'd say he'll hold Block and Stevie till half time in this one.
I fancy Coney to get CHF with Shay dropping out

Heard Harte told carlin to get fitter during league and apparently he knuckled down - seen him in the championship and he was nearly the only one who took the fight to dromore and have heard since that he's been v good in league.

He always seemed to have pj and carlin fighting for a place.

Also I wasn't at Louth match but it sounded like mcnamee got right roasting against them and that's LOUTH!!!!

our_fella

Quote from: illdecide on July 10, 2014, 01:34:51 AM
The Tyrone teams named there on paper looks strong enough tbh...we have one marque forward who will win his duel with who ever gets the job of marking him but when he turns and finds himself another two or three to beat then that's were we're f**ked. The Tyrone forward line are young and not that experienced but they have ability and pace and that's good enough for me to be worried. Armagh can beat Tyrone but it will take Tyrone to be under par and Armagh to perform one to fifteen and carry a bit of luck...the bookies v seldom get it wrong and they have Tyrone at 1\3 to win...enough said. Anyway the team I'd like to see line out against Tyrone is...

McEvoy
Morgan
Donaghy
A Mallon
M Shields
McKeever
Finn Mo (possibly could do a job on S Cavanagh)
Findon
Toner
R Grugan
Dyas
T Kernan
S Campbell
Rafferty
J Clarke

A Kernan in for Finn mo and use Aaron as a sweeper is a possibility or in the HF line...not sure tbh but he can do a job somewhere for us with his experience (some people are questioning his fitness but I'm not in the camp so don't know)

You pick Armaghs most consistent culprit of giving away stupid frees, and always liable to get a black card, to mark tyrones best? Jeez

McEvoy
Mallon
Donaghy
Morgan
Kernan
McKeever
Shields
Harold
Findon
E.Rafferty
Dyas
Grugan
Jamie
Campbell
Carragher/S.Forker

ONeill

If Mattie isn't fit it's a big blow, alongside Harte. That'll leave a new half back line again. Joe seems to be out too. Justin half back?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

And here we go.........

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – PJ Quinn – Baile na Móna
5 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mhór
6 – Matthew Donnelly – Trí Leac
7 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Sean Cavanagh (C) – An Mhaigh
10 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais