R2 Qualifier Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, June 28, 2014, 07:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Quote from: red hander on July 08, 2014, 08:06:07 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 08, 2014, 07:19:32 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 08, 2014, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 07, 2014, 11:40:33 PM
Know I'm probably going over old ground here,but as Joe Kernan said in his book,without a shadow of a doubt had Marsden stayed on the field in 03 Armagh's traditionally strong finish would have made it two Sams in a row, and the 05 semi could have gone either way.

Tyrone's legacy of one All Ireland win proper and two back doors was puke football in a horrific era for our native games from which we are only beginning to emerge.Was there ever an uglier game than the 2003 All Ireland semi final.Contrast this with the late great Jock Stein's comments after Lisbon when he said that it was the way his side won the European Cup (pure beautiful inventive football) that gave him more pride and pleasure than merely winning it.

I will be surprised if Tyrone don't win on Sunday,but it matters little as both sides are well off the Ulster pace never mind All Irelands.

The finals of 2005 and 2008 were two of the best All-Ireland finals of the last 30 years. Parroting the bullshit perpetrated by a jealous idiot on RTE after one match in 2003 when his beloved Kerry were handed their arses by Tyrone (and it wouldn't be the only time in that era) is a pathetic excuse for that Armagh team's 'failure to fulfil its potential'. Fact is, in 2002, had Kerry not arrogantly thought the AI final was already over at half-time, you wouldn't have very luckily won the only Sam you're ever going to win.

It really does hurt you Armagh won it first and showed Tyrone what it takes to win an All-Ireland.  You should be thanking Armagh instead of slagging them - you must really hurt inside.   ;)

There's any amount of teams who won it before us, including the inbreds, why do you think the buckfast brigade winning it before Tyrone would bother me in the slightest ... it really is a tenuous thing to hold onto just out of jealousy of your more illustrious neighbours  8)

Yep!

Zip Code

Know I'm probably going over old ground here,but as Joe Kernan said in his book,without a shadow of a doubt had Marsden stayed on the field in 03 Armagh's traditionally strong finish would have made it two Sams in a row, and the 05 semi could have gone either way.

Tyrone's legacy of one All Ireland win proper and two back doors was puke football in a horrific era for our native games from which we are only beginning to emerge.Was there ever an uglier game than the 2003 All Ireland semi final.Contrast this with the late great Jock Stein's comments after Lisbon when he said that it was the way his side won the European Cup (pure beautiful inventive football) that gave him more pride and pleasure than merely winning it.

I will be surprised if Tyrone don't win on Sunday,but it matters little as both sides are well off the Ulster pace never mind All Irelands.

The finals of 2005 and 2008 were two of the best All-Ireland finals of the last 30 years. Parroting the bullshit perpetrated by a jealous idiot on RTE after one match in 2003 when his beloved Kerry were handed their arses by Tyrone (and it wouldn't be the only time in that era) is a pathetic excuse for that Armagh team's 'failure to fulfil its potential'. Fact is, in 2002, had Kerry not arrogantly thought the AI final was already over at half-time, you wouldn't have very luckily won the only Sam you're ever going to win.

It really does hurt you Armagh won it first and showed Tyrone what it takes to win an All-Ireland.  You should be thanking Armagh instead of slagging them - you must really hurt inside.   ;)

There's any amount of teams who won it before us, including the inbreds, why do you think the buckfast brigade winning it before Tyrone would bother me in the slightest ... it really is a tenuous thing to hold onto just out of jealousy of your more illustrious neighbours  8)

The hurt is there - try and get over it.  ;D

Zip Code

The bit in bold shows it bothers you.  ;)  Immensely  ;D Makes me laugh.

imtommygunn

Without a shadow of a doubt joe kernan is about as privvy to knowing what would have happened when what could have happened didn't happen as the rest of us!

Rodman

Quote from: Zip Code on July 08, 2014, 09:55:28 AM
Quote from: Rodman on July 07, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 07, 2014, 09:29:47 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on July 07, 2014, 08:51:54 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2014, 04:51:52 PM
It's only now I can appreciate the Armagh games. Hated them at the time.

Hard to think which one was the most enjoyable. Maybe the McKenna Cup game in Casement when 90'000 turned up on a snowy January day.

Best memory - the '05 semi.
Worst memory - the '02 replay defeat

The '05 Ulster final defeat didn't bother me that much as you still thought Tyrone could win the AI.

Other memories - the Mugsy goal after about 10 seconds in '01. The NFL game in 2003 in Omagh. The drawn final in '05 when O'Neill tormented Bellew but the cuteness of McConville and McDonnell kept Armagh in it.

I think this is the 250th time you have said that on here since 2005 - my best memory was the 2002.  I always thought it was sweet especially the teams we beat to win the All-Ireland but as this message board grew and some of the bitter wee men from Tyrone signed up with the invention of football in 2003, it has become all the more sweeter as they really do resent, no matter what they say, that we won it before them.  It is great that it hurts them that much, yeah yeah 3 All-Irelands, cheated Armagh in 2003 and continue to ply your cheating trade, the whole country now sees you for what you are, now dry them.  ;D

I'd much prefer three all Ireland's to one.

And I think it will remain at 1 for a very very long time. I doubt any of us here will ever see Armagh lift Sam again but we see Tyrone lift it plenty of times.  Armagh are gone and they ain't coming back anytime soon while Tyrone will always be there or thereabouts.

What a completely stupid statement.

Whats stupid about it - Do you think Armagh will win another All-Ireland in the next decade or so? No chance. Will Tyrone - probably.

imtommygunn

I wouldn't say tyrone are going to be bringing sam home any time soon...

Zip Code

Quote from: Rodman on July 08, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

Hard to think which one was the most enjoyable. Maybe the McKenna Cup game in Casement when 90'000 turned up on a snowy January day.

The '05 Ulster final defeat didn't bother me that much as you still thought Tyrone could win the AI.

Other memories - the Mugsy goal after about 10 seconds in '01. The NFL game in 2003 in Omagh. The drawn final in '05 when O'Neill tormented Bellew but the cuteness of McConville and McDonnell kept Armagh in it.

I think this is the 250th time you have said that on here since 2005 - my best memory was the 2002.  I always thought it was sweet especially the teams we beat to win the All-Ireland but as this message board grew and some of the bitter wee men from Tyrone signed up with the invention of football in 2003, it has become all the more sweeter as they really do resent, no matter what they say, that we won it before them.  It is great that it hurts them that much, yeah yeah 3 All-Irelands, cheated Armagh in 2003 and continue to ply your cheating trade, the whole country now sees you for what you are, now dry them.  ;D

And I think it will remain at 1 for a very very long time. I doubt any of us here will ever see Armagh lift Sam again but we see Tyrone lift it plenty of times.  Armagh are gone and they ain't coming back anytime soon while Tyrone will always be there or thereabouts.

Whats stupid about it - Do you think Armagh will win another All-Ireland in the next decade or so? No chance. Will Tyrone - probably.

That is some crystal ball you have - so your age - 12? 13?

Fuzzman

Have the kids all gone to bed yet?
I reckon you could see a very enjoyable close match on Sunday.
Tyrone rarely play well at home to Ulster teams and Armagh gave nothing to lose.
If course Tyrone will be strong favourites but we've got too many Brazilian style defenders me thinks.

illdecide

F**king reading through these pages would depress the life out of ya, you lot sound like Ulster Unionist Politicians ffs. Every time someone tries to talk about the match on Sunday someone else comes out with shite that happened 10 years ago...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

If we were ulster unionist politicians we'd have walked out of the discussion long ago,and would now be building bonfires with effigies of Canavan and Bellew!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

WT4E

Probably play another brand new 15 - that'll help things!!!  :-\

Fuzzman

Thanks O'Neill
I really enjoyed that Lynx Rise 'wake up' advert video. Who is that girl? WOW.

Will Mickey show Armagh enough respect or continue experimenting?

Id like to see PJ Lavery playing as I've yet to see him. Looking forward to seeing the Oranje in Omagh two days in a row.

Zip Code

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 09, 2014, 12:41:23 PM
Thanks O'Neill
I really enjoyed that Lynx Rise 'wake up' advert video. Who is that girl? WOW.

Will Mickey show Armagh enough respect or continue experimenting?

Id like to see PJ Lavery playing as I've yet to see him. Looking forward to seeing the Oranje in Omagh two days in a row.

::) ::)

Rodman

Quote from: Zip Code on July 08, 2014, 11:57:42 PM
Quote from: Rodman on July 08, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

That is some crystal ball you have - so your age - 12? 13?

so I'm not allowed to give a prediction without someone pulling out the old tried and tested yet totally un-original response of " what age or you 12 or 13"  - grow up. 

Still waiting to hear what it so stupid about predicting that Armagh won't win a Senior All-Ireland in the next decade - is it because I used "decade" - should I change that to century.