Men in Black

Started by Jinxy, June 25, 2014, 09:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Anyone watch the documentary following David Coldrick on Setanta tonight?
I thought it was genuinely interesting to see the game from the refs perspective.
Dessie Mone was well named!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Yes - watched that. Very interesting. Looking forward to comparing refs in the different sports. I assume this was the first in the series?

Jinxy

Yeah, they're doing hurling, rugby and soccer too.
The hurling one should be funny.

Hardy

Captain Scarlet

They did soccer last night. Good idea and fair play to the refs involved being so open. The lads who made are sound lads too.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Jinxy

It's mad the way the umpires couldn't help him in the Dublin-Cork game when Shields touched the ball on the ground.
That has to change.
You could even see the perfect view the umpire on the left-hand post had of the incident.
It must be a sickener to see something like that replayed on the big screen and know you made a balls of it.

laoislad

The Alan Kelly epsiode last night was very good I thought.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2014, 10:06:23 PM
It's mad the way the umpires couldn't help him in the Dublin-Cork game when Shields touched the ball on the ground.
That has to change.
You could even see the perfect view the umpire on the left-hand post had of the incident.
It must be a sickener to see something like that replayed on the big screen and know you made a balls of it.

Imagine 80,000 sluddenly being shown your screw-up.
MWWSI 2017

Milltown Row2

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2014, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2014, 10:06:23 PM
That has to change.

Imagine 80,000 sluddenly being shown your screw-up.

If we don't see it!!! It can be shit if someone tells you afterwards but that's the rules, and if in the big games that are televised you can use video footage (like rugby) then it will take that extra hassle off referees
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jinxy

It was good to hear the level of communication between him and his linesmen I have to say.
Kept him aware of situations which had the potential to get out of hand.
He was talking to the players non-stop as well.

Hardy

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 25, 2014, 10:03:28 PM
They did soccer last night.

Yes - just checked the schedules. It's on at 9:00 tonight and tomorrow night - presumably the hurling and rugby ones.

Collie Brolly

Missed it last nite,sounds interesting.Surely Setanta will repeat it.

Hardy

Does Setanta have a "player" where you can stream already broadcast content, like RTÉ Player, etc. I can't see anything on their site.

AZOffaly

Not sure. They used to have some deal with eircom if you got eircom home internet, but I don't know about outside that. Hopefully they do, I'd like to see these.

Goldengreen

just a heads up, all 4 of these programs are repeated Tonight on Setanta Ireland starting @ 9:30