Maigh Eo v Gaillimh, 2pm, 13ú Iúil, Pairc Mhic Eil

Started by macdanger2, June 22, 2014, 12:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

How come when mayoman dan tries to quote, every other argument following on from it is in the wrong place!

Anyway, how are the injuries coming on? Any word on Chris Barrett?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2014, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 25, 2014, 07:26:21 PM

And for the 100000000000000 th time, I believe Horan has done a fantastic job and is the beat man for the job , I just believe he has made some crucial mistakes but without him we would not of ever been in a position to make them mistakes.

Jesus it's tough being a Mayo supporter.

Horan has done a fantastic job but he is not the best man for the job.He has taken the team as far as he can and should have stood aside after the aif debacle.

And who is the best man for the job? Kevin McStay I suppose!? Or maybe his brother-in-law?
[/quote]

Is that your view Tubberman because i dont remember saying Mc Stay or Mc Hale for the job?

mayoman dan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 25, 2014, 08:12:25 PM
How come when mayoman dan tries to quote, every other argument following on from it is in the wrong place!

Anyway, how are the injuries coming on? Any word on Chris Barrett?

Not like the Knockmore men to be thick ;)

Maroon Manc

I'm constantly astounded by the criticism Horan gets, he gets a lot more right than he gets wrong. A manager will always make the odd wrong decision, he hasn't made too many in the last few years.
He's not going to get everything right. No manager gets every big decision right.

I don't think any other manager in the country would have taken that set of players to 2 finals, he comfortably has the worst set of forwards amongst one of the so called elite teams, there's a number of those forwards who'd struggle to make the starting 15 amongst division 4 teams.

macdanger2

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2014, 07:04:27 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 25, 2014, 07:01:54 PM
If Horan had played Caff on Murphy, the same fellas would be on here lamenting how he failed to learned the lessons of Ballyshannon....

Caff played on him for the 60 mins after the two goals.

Not sure what you mean? I meant that if Caff had started on Murphy and conceded two goals, he would have been getting the same grief for that decision.

Any chance we can move on from the last 2 All Irelands and look to the next game??

Will there be any changes from the last game?? Anyone fit to challenge? Gibbons? Barrett? B Moran? Parsons??

muppet

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2014, 08:16:23 PM
I'm constantly astounded by the criticism Horan gets, he gets a lot more right than he gets wrong. A manager will always make the odd wrong decision, he hasn't made too many in the last few years.
He's not going to get everything right. No manager gets every big decision right.

I don't think any other manager in the country would have taken that set of players to 2 finals, he comfortably has the worst set of forwards amongst one of the so called elite teams, there's a number of those forwards who'd struggle to make the starting 15 amongst division 4 teams.

Ok I'll Suarez then..

Andy Moran, Alan Freeman, Cillian O'Connor, Alan Dillon, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLaughlin would probably be the 6 starters when fit. Which of them wouldn't make the 'starting 15 amongst division 4 teams'?
MWWSI 2017

mayoman dan

This is the whole point Maroon Manc Horan has persisted with forwards that are not good enough but has got rid of 1 in Regan and possibly 2 in Gallagher that looked to be the real deal.The limited game time given to Feeney also raises questions about Horans judgement.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on June 25, 2014, 07:20:55 PM
Why is there such an effort on behalf of Horanites to put genuine mayo supporters into a corner and basically say if you don't agree with everything Horan  does , " you're not a proper Mayo supporter" .

What is this all about lately?  Maughan, Johno etc were all fair game for their faults but by jaysus you dare say anything against Horan .

And for the 100000000000000 th time, I believe Horan has done a fantastic job and is the best man for the job , I just believe he has made some crucial mistakes but without him we would not of ever been in a position to make them mistakes.

I remember posters on here like maradonna and trying to defend the Johnno debacle for years. They seemed to disappear when he did.
It s a parochial thing. People take it personally if a manager or player from their own parish is criticised no matter how constructive or careful the criticism is. On the other hand players from certain clubs will always get a hard time from certain quarters.

macdanger2

TBF, Regan choose not to rejoin the panel this year, the exclusion of Gallagher seems to be without rhyme or reason

mayoman dan

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 25, 2014, 08:26:08 PM
TBF, Regan choose not to rejoin the panel this year, the exclusion of Gallagher seems to be without rhyme or reason

I dont want to get in to the whole Regan thing again but he chose not to rejoin the panel for a  good reason.Gallaghers continued ommission is strange.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on June 25, 2014, 08:23:27 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 25, 2014, 07:20:55 PM
Why is there such an effort on behalf of Horanites to put genuine mayo supporters into a corner and basically say if you don't agree with everything Horan  does , " you're not a proper Mayo supporter" .

What is this all about lately?  Maughan, Johno etc were all fair game for their faults but by jaysus you dare say anything against Horan .

And for the 100000000000000 th time, I believe Horan has done a fantastic job and is the best man for the job , I just believe he has made some crucial mistakes but without him we would not of ever been in a position to make them mistakes.

I remember posters on here like maradonna and trying to defend the Johnno debacle for years. They seemed to disappear when he did.
It s a parochial thing. People take it personally if a manager or player from their own parish is criticised no matter how constructive or careful the criticism is. On the other hand players from certain clubs will always get a hard time from certain quarters.

TBH time is a factor as well. I stood by Johnno for a while but by the end it was indefensible. Everyone was fully behind James at first. A few were concerned after 2012, After last year's final, I would have joined those who felt a fresh voice might have been better and I was particularly disappointed to see Nallen leave the set-up.

If we win this year all will be fine. If not, there will be more noise than last year and it will look like he was pushed out by disgruntled supporters. But if we can stumble through a few rounds and then find form late in the season, we can still win it.
MWWSI 2017

Tubberman

Quote from: mayoman dan on June 25, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

And for the 100000000000000 th time, I believe Horan has done a fantastic job and is the beat man for the job , I just believe he has made some crucial mistakes but without him we would not of ever been in a position to make them mistakes.

Horan has done a fantastic job but he is not the best man for the job.He has taken the team as far as he can and should have stood aside after the aif debacle.

And who is the best man for the job? Kevin McStay I suppose!? Or maybe his brother-in-law?

Is that your view Tubberman because i dont remember saying Mc Stay or Mc Hale for the job?
[/quote]

It's not my view, I'm asking you to expand on your view. You said Horan is not the best man for the job, so you must think someone else would win the all-Ireland if they were managing mayo. Who is it?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

larryin89

This is the point I'm trying to make, underneath all the BULSHIT I post , i still believe there's an all Ireland in that team , all I was pointing out was that it shouldn't be such a cult like thing with Horan, I believe in James Horan and respect what he is doing , I just don't understand the logic behind cutting Regan last year  and then not giving Gallagher more game time this year in the league after two solid performances and one bad day v Kerry, he knows better than me is all I can go with. But let's call a spade a spade, the all Ireland final was shouting from the rooftops for a feeney introduction to freshen up the middle third where we were gettin killed on kick out runners and again he ignored the obvious to the vast majority in the stands.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

mayoman dan

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2014, 08:39:59 PM
Quote from: mayoman dan on June 25, 2014, 08:14:41 PM

It's not my view, I'm asking you to expand on your view. You said Horan is not the best man for the job, so you must think someone else would win the all-Ireland if they were managing mayo. Who is it?
[/quote]

In a perfect world i would have Mickey Harte but seen as thats unlikely to happen id be happy enough with Mc Stay.Horan has had his chance and blown it twice

Maroon Manc

Quote from: muppet on June 25, 2014, 08:20:34 PM

Ok I'll Suarez then..

Andy Moran, Alan Freeman, Cillian O'Connor, Alan Dillon, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLaughlin would probably be the 6 starters when fit. Which of them wouldn't make the 'starting 15 amongst division 4 teams'?

Doherty and Freeman are very average county players to date, they may go on to prove me wrong but I doubt that.

Andy Moran is nowhere near the player he was, I was a huge admirer of him prior to his injury, he was consistently one of Mayo's best performers for several years but the injury has slowed him down, what pace he did possess has disappeared, he's still very accurate when he finds space but is never going to win a contested ball.

I can't remember what Dillons first 2 final performances were like but I know his last 2 have been appalling. Now I'm suggesting I should base an opinion on him based on 2 performances but his best years are likely behind him.