USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

If they don't want to talk to the media, they do not have to it is entirely their decision.

Zip Code

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2014, 10:41:12 AM
Time the Armagh Co Board grew up and started acting like adults.

Time for the media to start reporting facts instead of making shite up to sell a few rags.

Rossfan

Quote from: illdecide on July 02, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
Time we started discussing the game on Sunday instead of the crop on here now...I'm guessing Armagh won't name their team until throw in? When is Monaghan due to name their team? I expect one change in Monaghan team for Sunday but haven't a clue what team Armagh will line out
How will anyone know what Armagh's team is?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 10:46:57 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2014, 10:41:12 AM
Time the Armagh Co Board grew up and started acting like adults.

Time for the media to start reporting facts instead of making shite up to sell a few rags.
Whataboutery.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DuffleKing

Quote from: Rossfan on July 02, 2014, 10:52:18 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 02, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
Time we started discussing the game on Sunday instead of the crop on here now...I'm guessing Armagh won't name their team until throw in? When is Monaghan due to name their team? I expect one change in Monaghan team for Sunday but haven't a clue what team Armagh will line out
How will anyone know what Armagh's team is?

It'll be the one in orange

Bingo

This media nonsense that counties engage in is childish and self-serving. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Monaghan tried it in the past and the pressure on the players totally backfired.

We like to see ourselves as professional in many aspects but this is one area where we are still totally amateurish. They can talk to the media and still say feck all and nobody would notice.

I'd be for the GAA to get county boards to sign up to PR agreements where they agree to prematch and post match interviews, that's basically all they'd have to do. If they don't do it, punish them in the pocket, they'd pay attention then.

This silly one-upmanship is an awful blight on trying to move the GAA forward.

Anyways, I hope it blows up in Armaghs face and then no one will want to talk to them anyway  :)

Keyser soze

This thread is like going to a match against Armagh - lots of people in orange loudly and aggressively spouting nonsense when they clearly havent a clue what theyre talking about  ;D

Zip Code

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 02, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
This thread is like going to a match against Armagh - lots of people in orange loudly and aggressively spouting nonsense when they clearly havent a clue what theyre talking about  ;D

Were as you do!!

Zip Code

Quote from: Bingo on July 02, 2014, 11:10:45 AM
This media nonsense that counties engage in is childish and self-serving. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Monaghan tried it in the past and the pressure on the players totally backfired.

We like to see ourselves as professional in many aspects but this is one area where we are still totally amateurish. They can talk to the media and still say feck all and nobody would notice.

I'd be for the GAA to get county boards to sign up to PR agreements where they agree to prematch and post match interviews, that's basically all they'd have to do. If they don't do it, punish them in the pocket, they'd pay attention then.

This silly one-upmanship is an awful blight on trying to move the GAA forward.

Anyways, I hope it blows up in Armaghs face and then no one will want to talk to them anyway  :)

That's the whole of Armagh worried now!

Keyser soze

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 11:29:36 AM

Were as you do!!

Well at least you recognised who I was talking about lol

Bingo

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 02, 2014, 11:33:35 AM

Were as you do!!

;D

Zip Code

Were as you do!!

You clearly stated it was about Armagh people - you must have an awful chip on your shoulder about them. 

EC Unique

Were as you do!!

;D

brokencrossbar1

It's bad when EC  is laughing at you!!!  Armagh should wise up.  Media bans?  Them and us?  Pile of auld shite.  Football is played on the field and the game should be focused on that.  The omerta becomes the story and puts undue pressure on the players to obey the silence.  Also as someone said elsewhere the man with the microphone is always the winner so why not use him.  I honestly don't understand it at all! 

Anyway,  will be interesting to see how the replay goes.  Was very surprised how well Armagh played but the element of surprise is gone.  Can they retain the work rate level this time again when Monaghan know what is coming?  I don't know btu it will make interesting viewing.

illdecide

Why is so many people worried about whether or not Armagh speak to the Press or not...who give a f**k. All i care about is beating Monaghan on Sunday and whatever way that is achieved then so be it. The thought of Monaghan beating us (Don't mind the Monaghan men too much) and them Tyrone hoors sending us on our way is just too much to handle.

I know Donegal is prob the strongest team and they are lying await in the Ulster final if we were to beat Monaghan but at least we won't have to travel to Omagh...(prob draw them again in next round of qualifers...lol)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch