Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Code

Quote from: mackers on July 01, 2014, 10:37:15 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 01, 2014, 09:59:49 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on July 01, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Quote from: roney on July 01, 2014, 04:10:11 PM
Quote from: Armamike on June 30, 2014, 06:21:47 PM
See Paddy Heaney continues to take the hump with Armagh. Got a right gub on him today in the IN with Armagh refusing to talk to the media. Seems to think McQuillan was generous to us. That's laughable.

Most reporters will take the hump when teams go out of their way to prevent them doing their job. It kinda goes with the territory.

Armagh are huffing and blaming the media for the Cavan bust up. It's laughable stuff.

Is it not fuelled by the Media's ridiculous slant in reporting it as Armagh being the aggressors and it possibly being premeditated - clearly led by the Irish News. Despite Heaney's article being proven factually incorrect (and therefore the premise of armagh being a big bad wolf) there was no retraction and no change of tact in follow ups. What do they expect - especially when you consider that people in the Armagh camp barely speak to the IN due to their years of tabloid journalism speculating on and undermining management.

Exactly.
Also remember that Heaney reported on a supposed fall out in the Armagh camp in the run in to the Cavan game. There's not a team in the country that wouldn't react to this type of journalism in the manner that Armagh have. I think Heaney is officially on the wind up at this point.

I think he is too stupid to be on the wind up - he is just a complete spineless fuckwit.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: armaghniac on July 02, 2014, 07:27:27 AM
Monaghan hoping for history to repeat itself, with some help from the Ref?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZt3FwSpUEI

Rory Beggan's Dad scored the point to draw the teams level in the first game.. If we could get from McCarron junior what the Dad was able to do in the replay we'd be happy too..

Zip Code

Given it is a Sunday I would expect a bigger crowd.  I have to say some of the women stewards (and I know they are from every county so I am not slagging Monaghan) are rude bitches on a power trip.  One lad about 15 came to the steward behind me in the Pat McGrane and said he was in the wrong section, all his mates were in the terrace and pointed at them behind the wire, he politely asked was there a way he could join them, the lady took him over to the gate where this rottweiler was patrolling what was the entry to the terrace and explained the situation - she just start roaring no way once in you are in, you can't change sections.  The lad said he was on his own then and she said it was of no concern of hers and he wasn't getting in, the manner in which she spoke to him was disgusting, he wasn't drunk and was very polite, apologising on several occasions saying he lost his mates and thought they were coming in to the McGrane.  Given there was only 18 or 19,000 there and all kids were in free what did it matter to this woman, a complete nasty jobsworth.

armaghniac

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 08:36:53 AM
Given it is a Sunday I would expect a bigger crowd.  I have to say some of the women stewards (and I know they are from every county so I am not slagging Monaghan) are rude bitches on a power trip.  One lad about 15 came to the steward behind me in the Pat McGrane and said he was in the wrong section, all his mates were in the terrace and pointed at them behind the wire, he politely asked was there a way he could join them, the lady took him over to the gate where this rottweiler was patrolling what was the entry to the terrace and explained the situation - she just start roaring no way once in you are in, you can't change sections.  The lad said he was on his own then and she said it was of no concern of hers and he wasn't getting in, the manner in which she spoke to him was disgusting, he wasn't drunk and was very polite, apologising on several occasions saying he lost his mates and thought they were coming in to the McGrane.  Given there was only 18 or 19,000 there and all kids were in free what did it matter to this woman, a complete nasty jobsworth.

When all of the games are in the new Casement, we will look back to the easy going ways of Clones with happy memories.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Zip Code

This wan will be at casement as well on her power trip!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 09:21:05 AM
This wan will be at casement as well on her power trip!

She'll be less noticeable amongst the 40,000+ and will fit in better..

roney

See Paddy Heaney continues to take the hump with Armagh. Got a right gub on him today in the IN with Armagh refusing to talk to the media. Seems to think McQuillan was generous to us. That's laughable.

Most reporters will take the hump when teams go out of their way to prevent them doing their job. It kinda goes with the territory.

Armagh are huffing and blaming the media for the Cavan bust up. It's laughable stuff.

Is it not fuelled by the Media's ridiculous slant in reporting it as Armagh being the aggressors and it possibly being premeditated - clearly led by the Irish News. Despite Heaney's article being proven factually incorrect (and therefore the premise of armagh being a big bad wolf) there was no retraction and no change of tact in follow ups. What do they expect - especially when you consider that people in the Armagh camp barely speak to the IN due to their years of tabloid journalism speculating on and undermining management.

Exactly.

Ok, so Armagh have a blanket media ban because it doesn't like some of the reporting from one paper? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Perhaps it's McGeeney's way of keeping Grimley from coming out with the clangers that have fuelled most of it :D

drici

Zip Code

Quote from: roney on July 02, 2014, 10:23:23 AM

Exactly.

Ok, so Armagh have a blanket media ban because it doesn't like some of the reporting from one paper? Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Perhaps it's McGeeney's way of keeping Grimley from coming out with the clangers that have fuelled most of it :D

If Armagh have a blanket media ban - how do you know why they have it.  Oh you are assuming posters here speak for Armagh - do you know how stupid that sounds!

roney

I don't. I have to rely on media reports LOL

Selector Peter McDonnell said: "We are not happy with the way the authorities dealt with this, cast judgements before hearings were heard. We are not happy with an awful lot of the media attentions that skewed what the huge reality was for Armagh."

Zip Code

roney

Quote from: Zip Code on July 02, 2014, 10:34:53 AM
When why talk balls then!

What's your own opinion then? Why do they have a media ban?

Zip Code

No idea, maybe they want to concentrate on playing football.  If they want a media ban that is up to them, what does it matter to you?

Rossfan

Time the Armagh Co Board grew up and started acting like adults.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

illdecide

Time we started discussing the game on Sunday instead of the crop on here now...I'm guessing Armagh won't name their team until throw in? When is Monaghan due to name their team? I expect one change in Monaghan team for Sunday but haven't a clue what team Armagh will line out
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch