USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Bingo

Confirmed for 3.30 in Clones this sunday. The Ulster Ladies final between the two sides is on before it.

Zip Code

Bingo

Quote from: orangeman on June 30, 2014, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: Zip Code on June 30, 2014, 02:45:21 PM
Is McQuillan the ref again?

Marty Duffy.

Saying as Monaghan are calling the shots, they've got Pat McEneaney back on ref duty and he's taking the whistle for this one, alright kid?

DuffleKing

We'll sort this one out on Sunday all right. Caolan Rafferty obviously still a loss but the other three lads coming back in will improve us. If our forwards can take the lessons from the first day in terms of the movement needed and efficiency in front of the posts then we'll be in a good place. Team will likely be:

McEvoy

Morgan       Vernon         Mallon

McKeever   Donaghy       Shields

Finden          Toner

Tony K          Dyas           McVerry

Clarke         Rafferty        Campbell

illdecide

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 30, 2014, 04:10:19 PM
We'll sort this one out on Sunday all right. Caolan Rafferty obviously still a loss but the other three lads coming back in will improve us. If our forwards can take the lessons from the first day in terms of the movement needed and efficiency in front of the posts then we'll be in a good place. Team will likely be:

McEvoy

Finden          Toner

It's tough call for Sunday...do you stiff the guys who done a job for you last week?

My team would be...

McEvoy

McKeever   Donaghy       Kernan

Findon          Toner

Clarke         Campbell     S Forker (possibly)

I don't think Rafferty done enough for his place neither did A Forker...the unlucky one to lose out is Shields but what could happen is play Shields and play Aaron Kernan in HF line which could be a good move...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Armamike

See Paddy Heaney continues to take the hump with Armagh. Got a right gub on him today in the IN with Armagh refusing to talk to the media. Seems to think McQuillan was generous to us. That's laughable.
That's just, like your opinion man.

general_lee

Depends how things pan out, but on Sunday's showing if you had to drop anyone it'd be A Kernan, E Rafferty and possibly A Forker.

I thought the forwards were excellent in contrast with Monaghan who relied on the goalie's frees a lot and were well contained by Armagh's defence. Up front Clarke and Campbell have a great understanding developing and with the likes of T Kernan/Grugan who can play early quality ball inside I wouldn't change to much in the forward line with those two and S Forker as excellent target men in FF.

In mf, Toner is certain to start, Findon should probably join him but will need to be a bit more commanding. D Hughes, about a foot shorter, on more than one occasion was able to just punch the ball back from Armagh kickouts. S Harold is a good alternative and done well when introduced on Saturday, although being a bit more defense-minded Findon will prob retain his place.

In defence the main changes would be Mallon and Donaghy in for Moriarty and A Kernan. Finn Mo had a good outing and would be unlucky to lose out, A Kernan still doesn't seem to be 100% but both players provide great options from the bench. I'd like to think Shields will retain his place as his pacy bursts foward provide a great attacking option to support the forwards.

The team I'd like to see would be

McEvoy

Morgan             Vernon          Mallon

Shields            Donaghy         McKeever

Findon          Toner

T Kernan             Dyas             McVerry

Clarke              Campbell       S Forker

With options to spring from bench i.e E Rafferty A Forker, A Kernan, Finn Mo, Harold and Carragher.

Orior

I'm probably a bit biased, well no I am biased, but what did Finn Mo do wrong that Andy Mallon could step tight in?

Also, why was Tony Kernan not on the starting 15 last day? The commentator mentioned that he has a busy career and has to spend some time in England so is it just that he missed training?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Orior on June 30, 2014, 09:25:44 PM
I'm probably a bit biased, well no I am biased, but what did Finn Mo do wrong that Andy Mallon could step tight in?

Also, why was Tony Kernan not on the starting 15 last day? The commentator mentioned that he has a busy career and has to spend some time in England so is it just that he missed training?

Carragher is quite a speedy player although he might be better off being used when the players begin to tire.  At one point when Carragher was playing he had two defenders chasing him around in the corner.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: AFS on June 30, 2014, 10:19:49 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 30, 2014, 09:25:44 PM

Well, he did concede a couple of frees that were punished with Monaghan scores, although he was very possibly fouled immediately prior to the concession of one of those. Definitely had one of his better games for Armagh, but Mallon is simply a stronger option.

This

I think andy has added a more attacking running from deep to his game which will add to the argument to include him

JP

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 30, 2014, 04:10:19 PM

McEvoy

Finden          Toner

I'd have the same defense and HF line. I would put Harold on in place of Findon. Rafferty didn't look fully fit on Saturday, if that's still the case I would imagine one of Carragher or the two Forkers will take his place.

For me the biggest call is whether to place Shields or A Kernan. Personally I would play Shields, he has improved immensely over the last two years. You would be sacrificing the passing ability for running ability but Kernan will be great man to have ready on the bench. It's great to be a position to have these selection dilemmas. 

babarino

There'll be no suppin' pints before the game next Sunday.

We just have to give Armagh due respect this time...then put them to the sword. ;)