USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: donegal lad on June 28, 2014, 09:38:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 08:49:07 PM
Ulster Semi finals and Finals are always in Clones, not going to change because it's Monaghan.
Not true we played down in ulster semi final in Cavan just last year.

Is right. It was a  rare occurance. Have there many other Ulster Semi games in the last 10 years outside Clones

Its tradition to have most of the big games there anyway

DuffleKing

Just back. Great fight in the team tonight and likely the siege mentality brought that out. Great to able to get behind the orange men again in a big game and the players really put a performance in from start to finish.

Bit of quality to come back in for the replay but obviously monaghan are the more experienced team. Irrespective, things are suddenly looking much brighter.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 10:03:17 PM
Ulster Semi finals and Finals are always in Clones, not going to change because it's Monaghan.

Is right. It was a  rare occurance. Have there many other Ulster Semi games in the last 10 years outside Clones

Down Monaghan in armagh 2 years ago. Plenty of semi finals in casement too.

omagh_gael

Nudie Hughes and co on Northern Sound were going ape shit over the last Armagh free. Any more objective views out there?

Zulu

It was a definite free, clear pull of the jersey.

Hardy

Yes - the jersey pull was was a play before the whistle - about 3 seconds earlier. The ref wasn't on camera, but I assume he had his hand up for advantage. When no advantage, he came back for the free.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hardy on June 28, 2014, 11:04:02 PM
Yes - the jersey pull was was a play before the whistle - about 3 seconds earlier. The ref wasn't on camera, but I assume he had his hand up for advantage. When no advantage, he came back for the free.

He had the hand up so it was a clear free with advantage.

naka

Grugan had balls to take it
Was in the mc grane at the top end so didn't see the free but when the ball left grugans boot Iturned to my son and said a few expletives
Couldn't believe the curve on it.

First time in a long while I can say Armagh are moving forwRd with a panel

Maguire01

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on June 28, 2014, 10:24:58 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 10:03:17 PM

Down Monaghan in armagh 2 years ago. Plenty of semi finals in casement too.
We've played a good few semi finals outside Clones in the past few years alright - in Breffni, Armagh and Casement, I'm sure Casement would have had one this year had it been available. Athletic Grounds possibly a bit small for a Monaghan Armagh semi?

macdanger2

Well done armagh, honestly thought monaghan would win handy.

Surely the decision on where the SFs are held are decided by the ulster council which is made up by all 9 counties??

naka

Have no issues with Armagh playing there next week,
I really think we will improve, the team looks to have a nice shape about it with strong players comin back in.
An ulster final is now attainable as is a trip to croker.
Hope we can do it

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Hardy on June 28, 2014, 11:04:02 PM

+1
"Stercus accidit"

Gaffer

Wonder what Brolly has to say about Paul Grimley now.

Wasn't short of a word or two this time last year.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ardchieftain

Just home and am one proud Armagh man tonight. Great fight from the entire team. Dyas, Campbell, Morgan, Mckeever, Jamie, all made telling contributions. I thought Ethan had one of those games he'd rather forget and Aidan Forker looked rusty. With the 3 lads to come back, big Grimbo will not find it easy picking the starting 15 for the next day.

It was great to be back in Clones but it was definitely a strange feeling being sober!