USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheedy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 28, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
Maybe they might play the replay at a neutral venue or will Monaghan get 4 home games to win Ulster?
could they not play it at the athletic grounds?
nil satis nisi optimum

Fuzzman

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: Any craic on June 28, 2014, 08:43:19 PM
There was a foul on Darren Hughes making a brilliant run through the heart of the Armagh defence with ten minutes to go that was more of a black card, and surely that's what it's for

I want to see it again to make sure but on first look Clerkin took an Armagh player out with no intention of playing the ball

rodney trotter

Ulster Semi finals and Finals are always in Clones, not going to change because it's Monaghan.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 08:49:07 PM
Ulster Semi finals and Finals are always in Clones, not going to change because it's Monaghan.

Are you sure?

I remember Tyrone playing Antrim in 2003 in Casement. I think that was a SF.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rodney trotter

11 years ago?

Anyways its confirmed for Clones again

Sheedy

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 08:53:55 PM
11 years ago?

are monaghan the new Dublin? every game at home.
nil satis nisi optimum

mylestheslasher

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 28, 2014, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 08:53:55 PM
11 years ago?

are monaghan the new Dublin? every game at home.

Yes and it is very unfair on their opponents just like it is for Dublin's opponents

rodney trotter

It's confirmd for Sunday July 6th,time to be confirmed. Armagh will have Anday Mallon, Toner, and Donaghy back for that game.

Oraisteach

Can't gauge the quality of the Armagh performance since I didn't see it but instead listened to the Monaghan commentary. Three points down with only minutes left, I can't believe we progged a draw, but glad as I am I still don't relish a return to Clones next week.  Still, late sub Grugan's poise in kicking that last second free was awesome, especially in light of Rory Beggan's free-taking prowess for Monaghan.  Can't believe we got the ball into J Clarke's hands as often as we did.  Frankly thought we'd be run off the field, so a good result. Keen to hear the opinions of those who watched the game.   Fair play to the Minors too.

donegal lad

Quote from: rodney trotter on June 28, 2014, 08:49:07 PM
Not true we played down in ulster semi final in Cavan just last year.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Orior

It was kind of lucky that we got Carragher black carded. He did little and his replacement Tony Kernan was immense
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Both teams were pretty even today from general play.  McEvoy had a mixed bag in terms of kickouts and I don't think he had a save to make the whole game.  The Armagh FF line played well,  Kyle was doing well till  he got the black card.  No issue about it, text book one.  McManus was a borderline one but probably would err on the players side that there was no intent in what he did.  I thought that up to then Morgan and Vernon were doing well.  When McManus went off Kieran Hughes lifted his game and gave Vernon a lot more problems.  Moriarty was quietly effective.  Armagh HB line were excellent throughout.  McKeever really took the game to them as did Shields.  AK had a bit more of a controlled game but still covered a lot of ground.  We were beaten in MF for most of the game but did pick up a lot of loose ball.  Harold did well when he came on and with Toner back I would start the 2 of them in the MF next day out. 

I was surprised that Aidan Forker would start but I heard that he was starting during the week.  He got a lot of ball in the first half but his shot selection was poor.  He needs to show more composure like the brother did in the second half.  Dyas I thought was quiet in the first half but really opened up well in the second half.  Every ball he used well and got a lovely point.  Got himself regularly into very good positions.  McVerry worked very hard and was decent.  TK was key to the way we played when he came on.  He did miss a few chances but he dictated the tempo of the attacks with clever running and accurate passing.  He will have to start the next day.  Soupy also put in a great shift and scored some lovely points and I would start him infront of Ethan Rafferty the next day.  Jamie had his best game for a while and led Walshe a merry dance.  Everything that went his way he won and he scored 3 and won 2 frees I think that were scored.  He won't get the same space next week so he will need more help. The subs contributed very well with TK getting 3 points,  Forker 1 and Grugan 1 point and 1 assist from a delicious cross field pass.  Grugan is and excellent footballer but I still think he would be better coming off the bench with 2 to go when the game opens out.

north down

Well done Armagh. Just shows yet again what a minefield Ulster is.