USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

I take it we will have to wait then for team news

lemallon

Is there a seating plan for the Gerry Arthurs stand online anywhere ?

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: lemallon on June 26, 2014, 12:34:06 PM
Is there a seating plan for the Gerry Arthurs stand online anywhere ?

Not that I know of or can find. We had this conversation on the Monaghan/Tyrone thread. Section A is at the 'town end' and Z (or whatever the last section is) is at the Roslea Road end. Row A is at the front i.e. at pitch level.

illdecide

Right all you Monaghan Boys...how do you fancy your chances against Donegal in the final? Is the final 20th July?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

All of a Sludden

Armagh's Andy Mallon, Brendan Donaghy and Kieran Toner have had their appeals rejected by the CAC.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 26, 2014, 04:06:03 PM
Armagh's Andy Mallon, Brendan Donaghy and Kieran Toner have had their appeals rejected by the CAC.

CAIC more like.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

naka

Quote from: armaghniac on June 26, 2014, 04:16:09 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 26, 2014, 04:06:03 PM

CAIC more like.

DRA is independent so lets see what they say on friday

The CloneZone

Quote from: illdecide on June 26, 2014, 03:47:04 PM
Right all you Monaghan Boys...how do you fancy your chances against Donegal in the final? Is the final 20th July?
There will be very little between the 2 at the end of this one, hopefully Monaghan can come out on top. I for one am very nervous about this game. Games between Armagh and monaghan have always ben close even when Armagh were winning titles for fun.

babarino

Quote from: The CloneZone on June 26, 2014, 08:38:40 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 26, 2014, 03:47:04 PM
There will be very little between the 2 at the end of this one, hopefully Monaghan can come out on top. I for one am very nervous about this game. Games between Armagh and monaghan have always ben close even when Armagh were winning titles for fun.
Not so CloneZone. I've been to most games against Armagh over the last 20-30  years and yes most have been tight affairs. But we did give them a hammering in Casement Park just a few years ago, (Darren Hughes in goal). I also remember them giving us a serious drubbing in Clones. The previous year we shocked the country by beating them (I think Armagh were reigning All Ireland champions).

babarino

Monaghan team for Saturday

1 Rory Beggan/Ruairí Ó Beagáin -An Bhoth

2 Kieran Duffy/Ciáran Ó Dufaigh -Leachtain

3 Drew Wylie/Aindreas Wylie- Béal Átha Beithe

4 Colin Walshe/Coilín Breathnach- Dubhamlacht

5 Dessie Mone/Deasún Mocháin- Cluain Tiobraid

6 Vinny Corey/Uinseann Ó Comhraí-Cluain Tiobraid

7 Fintan Kelly/Fionáin Ó Ceallaigh - Cluain Eois

8 Dick Clerkin/Risteard Ó Cléirchín - Curraichín

9 Darren Hughes/Darren Ó hAodha - An Bhoth

10 Ryan Wylie/Riain Wylie - Béal Átha Beithe

11 Chris Mc Guinness/Croistár Mag Aonghusa - Béal Átha Beithe

12 Paudie Mc Kenna/Padraig Mac Cionnaoith - Gaeil Triucha

13 Dermot Malone/Diarmaid Ó Maoileain - Fag An Bealach

14 Kieran Hughes/Ciarán Ó hAodha - An Bhoth

15 Conor McManus/Conchur Mac Maghnúis - Cluain Tiobraid

babarino

Monaghan bench on Saturday

6 Gerard Mc Caffrey/Gearoid Mac Gafraidh - Scairbh Na gCaorach

17 Conor Boyle/Conchúr Ó Baoil -Cluain Tiobraid

18 Conor Galligan/Conchúr Ó Gealagáin -Cláirsigh Mhuineacháin

19 Karl O'Connell/Carl Ó Conaill - Tigh Thalainn

20 Gavin Doogan/Gabhán Ó Duagáin - Machaire Cluain

21 Paul Finlay/Pól Ó Fionnlaigh - Béal Átha Beithe

22 Stephen Gollogly/Stíofán Mac an Ghallóglaigh - Carraig Mhacaire Rois

23 Thomas Kerr/Tómas Mac Giolla Cearra - Beal Átha Beithe

24 Padraig Donaghy/Pádraig Mac Donnchaidh - Domhnach Maighean

25 Jack Mc Carron/Séan Mac Cearáin - Curraichín

26 Owen Duffy/Eoin Ó Dufaigh - Leachtain

Maguire01

Any word on Lennon and Doogan? How come Finlay isn't starting at the minute? Good to have the likes of him and Gollogly to call on during the game, but I'm not sure McGuinness deserves to start ahead of them, based on the last day's performance.

babarino

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 26, 2014, 10:05:52 PM
Any word on Lennon and Doogan? How come Finlay isn't starting at the minute? Good to have the likes of him and Gollogly to call on during the game, but I'm not sure McGuinness deserves to start ahead of them, based on the last day's performance.

I've heard that Lennon's injury has him out till the end of July. I'd say Doogan lost out because Clerkin showed such form against Tyrone. McGuinness gets the start to keep his confindence intact - good management - to drop him would have been a big setback for the lad. He has shown he's a decent player and now has a chance to redeem himself. We should see McCarron or Gallogly feature at some stage. I wouldn't be very surprised if Finlay starts at half forward.

Armamike

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 26, 2014, 11:19:24 AM
Quote from: Armamike on June 25, 2014, 06:11:55 PM
Armagh supporters would have a natural level of trepidation about the game given that we haven't been able to put together 2 decent performances against a decent standard of opposition since around about 2005/2006.  Since then we've seen some heartening performances (usually the first game of the championship) followed by a clueless one the next day.  When you add into the mix 4 starters missing, and other players missing through injury it doesn't bode well.  On any level of analysis Monaghan should win this.

Ulster champions in 2008...

Yes, but i said against a decent standard of opposition. Armagh did not beat any sides of decent quality that year- far as i remember they were all division 3 sides at each stage, and got knocked out by a division 3 side in the qfinal.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Sleater

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 26, 2014, 10:05:52 PM

The biggest surprise will be if they actually line out like that. Normally O'Rourke makes 2 to 3 changes to the team sent to the media.