USFC Semi-Final Armagh v Monaghan Saturday 28th June 7pm

Started by Agent Orange, June 15, 2014, 03:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

The latest score before NS crashed was Monaghan 4 points ahead and Finlay was with a golden point scoring opportunity.

Main Street

An RTE update puts Monaghan 6 points ahead.
Must be time for Monaghan to fanny about with the ball and let Armagh back in the game.

Main Street

RTE official announcement

Result: Monaghan 1-18 Armagh 1-13. Monaghan to play Donegal in the Ulster final on 20 July. Armagh to face Tyrone in qualifiers next weekend.

Oraisteach

Thanks Main Street -- good luck in the Ulster final

Main Street

Thanks, it didn't sound like Armagh were in the game after their goal, but your team will have had a good workout and well able for the challenge of Tyrone.
Just you cannot have any lingering hangover effects from this championship exit, 6 days allows no time to mope.

Harold Disgracey

Just in from Clones, Marty Duffy is a ****. Well done Monaghan.

yellowcard

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 06, 2014, 06:32:57 PM
Just in from Clones, Marty Duffy is a ****. Well done Monaghan.

Couldn't understand how we were lumbered with him twice in the one championship season, are the GAA trying to punish us for the media ban. Some of his decisions today were a joke but that's par for the course with him.

JP

Duffy was a gob****e. Still didnt effect the result, monaghan were the far superior team.

T Fearon

Beaten all over the field, match over after Monaghan got the goal. Hard to see avoiding a hiding in Omagh

yellowcard

Quote from: JP on July 06, 2014, 07:14:37 PM
Duffy was a gob****e. Still didnt effect the result, monaghan were the far superior team.

No arguing that Monaghan deserved the win, but Duffy continues to get big games and yet most counties seem to dread getting him. Figure that one out.

Armagh were exposed today and effectively looked beaten at half time. A bit unfair to have to face Tyrone within 6 days and I fear what the score might be now given the quick turnaround and the deflation following todays result.

Bingo

Far better Monaghan display with everyone upping their game. McManus a class act and still only 75% if that. Thought he got away with a wee nudie nudge for the goal. Couldn't see the peno incident too far away. First black card in front of me and thought on first look it wasn't, more of a collision.

Dick having some year. Dessie and mcgeeney had some slagging match on front if Gerry Arthur's in first half.

Good day.

Catch and Kick

Very poor performance by Duffy. I was neutral bout I thought Armagh got nothing from him; def pouch by McManus for the goal and it came after a possible penalty incident at the far end. Can't say if it was a peon from where I was but the goal should have been a free out.
Armagh were shocking; tactics were poor - two sweepers which didn't work and unable to get quality ball into Clarke and Carragher. Ran a few in the 2nd half but looked headless.
Monaghan on top in all sectors without being overly impressive. Keep McManus quiet and Donegal will be home and dry.

timmyot501

Much better display today by Monaghan. Backs were tighter. Hughes and clerkin did well. And up front McManus was class. Hope Kieran isn't too badly injured as he was still a handful on one leg. Improvement needed again to take on Donegal but it's the first time Monaghan have reached back to back Ulster finals in over 80 years apparently

Maguire01

Monaghan looked a good bit better than Armagh, but a 5 point win, considering the chances Armagh threw away... it could have been a lot closer, and the number of balls they dropped into Beggan's hands was criminal. There were also a few goal-mouth scrambles that could have gone either way.

Finlay and Gollogly well worth their starting places. Another good one from Cletkin, Beggan and D Hughes. McManus was great. Good to see Doogan at the end - I was a bit worried when D Hughes went down at the start, given our lack of midfield cover, so good to have Doogan back.

naka

Fair play Monaghan you improved immensely from last weekend.
I thought you guys were comfortably the better side.
Disappointed from an Armagh perspective in that a lot of our players didn't show up.
To cap it all it really was a shocking display by Duffy as ref,
The penalty shout and goal straight after were a six point turnaround .
If the gaa are serious about standards they should look at some of the clowns refereeing championship matches.