Is it about time we grew up and stopped gloating about England's misfortunes?

Started by Eamonnca1, June 15, 2014, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

This is balls. It's no different to Southern football fans laughing at Norn Iron's misfortunes and vice versa. It's called banter and as long as no one dies during this banter it will continue. Now if I have a bet on England then that's slightly different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
This is balls. It's no different to Southern football fans laughing at Norn Iron's misfortunes
We don't.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J OGorman

Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2014, 08:47:42 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2014, 01:13:36 PM
I've no desire to see England win the tournament but I find the tournament much more interesting when they are still in it and I look forward to watching their games more than any other team. So I'm in a strange position of wanting them to stay in the competition but also wanting them to lose. I think losing on penalties in the semi final would be the best scenario.
This is exactly how I feel about them.

Me too. Can't see them finish better than 3rd in the group this year though. Really enjoying this tournament even though the area surrounding Dunphys eyes is freaking me out.
Sidney is a hoot

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armaghgeddon

Watching England being knocked out on penalties is usually the highlight of the tournament for me

Billys Boots

Quote from: seafoid on June 15, 2014, 09:42:04 PM
I wouldn't begrudge England success but the problem they have is structural and they don't seem to be interested in fixing it.
The Premiership is where the money is.

Those would be my opinions too.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tubberman

Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2014, 10:39:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on June 15, 2014, 09:52:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
This is balls. It's no different to Southern football fans laughing at Norn Iron's misfortunes
We don't.

And you speak for all?
Yes.

Norn Iron soccer team doesn't even register on the consciousness of anyone down here.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

OakleafCounty

I don't see why some people think it's the 'mature' thing to support England. I really don't see why I should support them. I certainly don't hate them or consider any political context but I do feel indifferent towards them.

AZOffaly

I wouldn't say I support them. I'm certainly not driving around with an England flag, but I do like to see them doing well. I feel sorry for the craturs at this stage.

haranguerer

I quite liked the one on today FM earlier:

The English team are having a day off, and it has been announced that part of it was spent visiting an orphanage.

In interviews afterwards:

'Its heartbreaking seeing all their little faces, so sad, so devoid of hope'  Fellipe, aged 6