Connacht minor football championship 2014

Started by ross4life, June 12, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2014, 09:12:07 PM
Great team effort. Should have won it by even more so plenty to work on. Noel Gately is a hell of a player. Evan McGrath took control of the game at the end, leadership of the highest calibre when we needed it. Stack was a rock at the back and Carty and Bannon drove us forward from HF.And I'll accept an apology in writing, monetary donations or Connacht final tickets, Rossfan.

Very impressive. Ye gotta be doin a hell of a job to keep producing that quality of player. We re a rabble by comparison.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2014, 11:43:06 PM
Great team effort. Should have won it by even more so plenty to work on. Noel Gately is a hell of a player. Evan McGrath took control of the game at the end, leadership of the highest calibre when we needed it. Stack was a rock at the back and Carty and Bannon drove us forward from HF.And I'll accept an apology in writing, monetary donations or Connacht final tickets, Rossfan.

Very impressive. Ye gotta be doin a hell of a job to keep producing that quality of player. We re a rabble by comparison.

Sure why do you think we're lending ye lads? We want a good challenge before the AIQF ;)

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2014, 11:48:30 PM

Sure why do you think we're lending ye lads? We want a good challenge before the AIQF ;)

Indeed. But be careful for what ye wish for sometimes Sy ;)

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 28, 2014, 11:53:28 PM

17 Ros and only 13 Mayo on the field, I reckon Michael Duffy will need to referee the game to even those odds.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2014, 11:54:54 PM

17 Ros and only 13 Mayo on the field, I reckon Michael Duffy will need to referee the game to even those odds.

You will have a few weeks to make up your mind on who to support, the national schools are finished now right?

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2014, 11:54:54 PM

With Michael Duffy in charge ye ll have an 18- 13 advantage ;D    Ask Denise Horan.

larryin89

With every period that sees a team dominate there comes daft allegations of unfairness , this whole prenty / Duffy are all for doin Mayo favours out west is pathetic  from our neighbours Ross , as for the ballaghaderreen thing , if you're concerned and think you have a legitimate case to be part of Roscommon gaa, form your own club in the town, maybe get a field beside the convent or something,hang on! !
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

The Duffys were making jokes of games long before a peaked cap was sighted in Ballintubber's dug-out.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on June 29, 2014, 12:26:04 AM
With every period that sees a team dominate there comes daft allegations of unfairness , this whole prenty / Duffy are all for doin Mayo favours out west is pathetic  from our neighbours Ross , as for the ballaghaderreen thing , if you're concerned and think you have a legitimate case to be part of Roscommon gaa, form your own club in the town, maybe get a field beside the convent or something,hang on! !

Larry a stór, Edgar J Hoover could not come up with evidence that Marty Duffy ever favoured a Mayo team!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on June 28, 2014, 11:03:44 PM
Of the starters from last year's Connacht final I think only 7/30 will play this year's final. Incredible that two teams in that much transition have made it back to the decider.

Not sure why that is considered incredible? Galway only had 3 or 4 of last year's entire squad even eligible this year. Not unusual I would have thought at minor.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 29, 2014, 04:40:08 AM
Of the starters from last year's Connacht final I think only 7/30 will play this year's final. Incredible that two teams in that much transition have made it back to the decider.

Not sure why that is considered incredible? Galway only had 3 or 4 of last year's entire squad even eligible this year. Not unusual I would have thought at minor.

It's not just about raw numbers. For both teams almost all those overage were the drivers the previous year. You usually need the returning players to be established leaders to be successful. Last year we had a lot of survivors from 2012 in key positions. I'd consider both teams winning yesterday to be against the grain, it was set up to be Leitrim's and Galway's year in the Sun.

larryin89

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 29, 2014, 04:40:08 AM

Mad west said there were seven of Galway s team on the panel this year .

Wouldn't surprise me if they got it wrong though, they were claiming the son of big larry of moygownagh was playing for Galway, alluded to how he looked the cut of him several times and then announced at half time , they had got that all wrong and he was no relation of the 89 legend whatsoever.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

galwayman

Ya a lot of the "facts" they come out with about players on mid west are inaccurate.
A game involving my own club was broadcast on mid west last year and they kept repeating about one of our players how he played rugby for a certain team as well.
He's never played rugby in his life.

Rossfan

Great team effort. Should have won it by even more so plenty to work on. Noel Gately is a hell of a player. Evan McGrath took control of the game at the end, leadership of the highest calibre when we needed it. Stack was a rock at the back and Carty and Bannon drove us forward from HF.

And I'll accept an apology in writing, monetary donations or Connacht final tickets, Rossfan.
WTF as they say???? Pawn your fancy camera if you're stuck for a few €s.
A first minute goal, then we had it won after 20 but Laythrum came back well - helped by a loose defence and some poor middle third play( Lm no 9 had the freedom of the Hyde all evening), then nip and tuck for the second half with us the better team but not doing it on the scoreboard.
Then cometh the hour cometh the man - McGrath picked up everything, scored the 2 insurance points and rattled the bar.
Gately good, Stack good, McGrath the one leader on the field, at least 5 or 6 weak links. We finished with a better team than we started with.
However in FOD we trust and hopefully things will improve before we face the Mayowestros superteam.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maroon Manc

Very disappointed to hear the result, was following the game on twitter and appeared we were well on top and according to one of my fellow posters Galway were creating one goal chance after another in the first 15 minutes.

The sending off appeared to change the game. I can't confess to know much about the minor side, is their many of them underage again next year?