Sligo v Galway June 21st markievicz park

Started by sligoman2, June 09, 2014, 11:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 13, 2014, 03:31:15 PM
Sounds like a lot of sudden absences for Galway to deal with. Can any of the Sligo lads tell me how David Kelly is getting on? I know he had a lot of injuries in recent years. Will he be playing in this match?

I hope so because if both marren and Kelly are out we might not score at all
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

DJGaliv

I've heard it was a clear disciplinary issue for the reason two lads were dropped.
I would stick by mullholland on this one. He was not given much of choice

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on June 15, 2014, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: neilthemac on June 15, 2014, 02:39:00 PM
So the senior match is being held up for a bunch of kids?
That minor match could easily be played seperate.

The final is on July 13th, no point or need to have the match any earlier and split the games.
They split our Senior and Minor meetings with Laythrum  ;) Then again Syfín was the buck who argued on stolensheep that last year's Minor AI Qtr Final v Kildare couldn't be played on the Bank Holiday monday because it would clash with the U16 Ted Webb Shield( for losers) Final. ::)
Connacht Championship scheduling is a joke - 5 games apart from the NY thing and it takes from 18th May to 13th July. Then we have Leitrim and us in the "B" side of the draw while London and Sligo who played later in the "A" side.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 16, 2014, 07:48:46 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 15, 2014, 02:53:36 PM
Quote from: neilthemac on June 15, 2014, 02:39:00 PM
So the senior match is being held up for a bunch of kids?
That minor match could easily be played seperate.

The final is on July 13th, no point or need to have the match any earlier and split the games.
They split our Senior and Minor meetings with Laythrum  ;) Then again Syfín was the buck who argued on stolensheep that last year's Minor AI Qtr Final v Kildare couldn't be played on the Bank Holiday monday because it would clash with the U16 Ted Webb Shield( for losers) Final. ::)
Connacht Championship scheduling is a joke - 5 games apart from the NY thing and it takes from 18th May to 13th July. Then we have Leitrim and us in the "B" side of the draw while London and Sligo who played later in the "A" side.

One was a QF, other is a SF. You're trying to apply logic to scheduling that doesn't have much. The fact the CC want their semis televised and that they wouldn't have got any live coverage if the tie was played last weekend plays into it too.

Last year's AIQF splitting the underage community - particularly those involved with the U16 teams - was a slap in the face of the people who give the most to their counties. The U16 management weren't happy with it, that much I know for a fact. I made the mistake you have of trying to look at the schedule logically.

Sligomanabroad

Does anyone want to hazzard a guess at naming the Sligo team? All this talk of injuries to marren, Harrison and McIntyre has me all depressed! :'(
I'm generally a stupidly optimistic Sligo supporter but I'm a bit worried this time :( I really don't think we have the panel to handle this.
What would the HB line be without harrisson and McIntyre? I guess Egan should slot into CHB pretty well.... Although we could probably do with him at midfield and wing forward aswell! :o :o

DJGaliv

What are these roscommon lads bleating on about in a Sligo Galway thread.

Interesting game in store. I'd say Galway won't be as good as they were against London and Sligo won't be as bad as they were in the league.

Galway by 2 points

Maroon Manc

Mano

Quote from: Sligomanabroad on June 17, 2014, 11:56:04 AM
Does anyone want to hazzard a guess at naming the Sligo team? All this talk of injuries to marren, Harrison and McIntyre has me all depressed! :'(
I'm generally a stupidly optimistic Sligo supporter but I'm a bit worried this time :( I really don't think we have the panel to handle this.
What would the HB line be without harrisson and McIntyre? I guess Egan should slot into CHB pretty well.... Although we could probably do with him at midfield and wing forward aswell! :o :o
I'll give it a go - this team is assuming Marren, Harrison and McIntyre are out and Ballaghdereen don't have a game on Saturday evening ;)
Devaney
Donovan
Martyn
Ewing
Curran
Egan
Cawley
Kilcullen
McManus
Hughes
Brehony
McHugh
Kelly
Murphy
Coen

Shrewdness

DJ Galiv, i only enquired as to whether David Kelly would play, which i thought was relevant.

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 17, 2014, 01:22:54 PM
Is Josh Moore injured?

Yes, and unlikely to play this year again. Shame, he was beginning to establish himself in defence and had the look of a good 'un.

Mano

A bit more positive after seeing the Sligo lineout. The 3 doubftful players have been included. I would have Harrison in the corner though and Curran on the wing. The half forward line has been strenthened defensively with the inclusion of Egan and Rooney, however they won't trouble the scoreboard too often. Great to see McIntyre back afer a long injury absence. Murphy is a notable absentee - he is very unfortunate not to get the start.

Devaney
Donovan
Martyn
Ewing
Harrison
McIntyre
Cawley
Kilcullen
McManus
Rooney
Breheny
Egan
Hughes
Marren
Kelly

Syferus

If Sligo start without Niall Murphy it could be a serious mistake. The lad's a real talent and with the defensive system Sligo play forwards that can win ball as well as he can are invaluable. I suppose they'll only line up with two at most in the FF line anyways, but it still seems strange that there's no space for the young lad.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mano on June 18, 2014, 01:41:14 PM
A bit more positive after seeing the Sligo lineout. The 3 doubftful players have been included. I would have Harrison in the corner though and Curran on the wing. The half forward line has been strenthened defensively with the inclusion of Egan and Rooney, however they won't trouble the scoreboard too often. Great to see McIntyre back afer a long injury absence. Murphy is a notable absentee - he is very unfortunate not to get the start.

Devaney
Donovan
Martyn
Ewing
Harrison
McIntyre
Cawley
Kilcullen
McManus
Rooney
Breheny
Egan
Hughes
Marren
Kelly

Agree with that summation. Worried about the true status of the guys returning from injury but at the very least we have 2 or 3 lads who possibly should be starting that will be able to fill any voids. Again Murphy pulls the short straw but I reckon he will have a good bit to say before Saturday evening is out. If we're to win he will have to - as Mano says, there's not a lot of scoring potential in that team. Is Curran carrying an injury? If not he's very unlucky not to make it.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2014, 02:48:30 PM
Quote from: Mano on June 18, 2014, 01:41:14 PM

Devaney
Donovan
Martyn
Ewing
Harrison
McIntyre
Cawley
Kilcullen
McManus
Rooney
Breheny
Egan
Hughes
Marren
Kelly

Agree with that summation. Worried about the true status of the guys returning from injury but at the very least we have 2 or 3 lads who possibly should be starting that will be able to fill any voids. Again Murphy pulls the short straw but I reckon he will have a good bit to say before Saturday evening is out. If we're to win he will have to - as Mano says, there's not a lot of scoring potential in that team. Is Curran carrying an injury? If not he's very unlucky not to make it.
Agree totally, look if all are fit I'm very happy with the team, but look 3 of those lads were major doubts and this is championship so we'll do well to see all finish  a half imo, could we be lucky enough to see them all look sharp and finish the game, hope so, rooney deserves his start, was outstanding for the juniors and he is another excellent long range free taker to take pressure off breheny and marren in that regard, as the lads say not starting murphy means we lack scoring power up front, very reliant on brehony and marren now. Feeling that excitement all week, and just cannot wait for saturday, sligeach abu
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Shrewdness

Is it Niall Murphy, the U-21 forward that's not playing? Saw him in the U-21 match against Roscommon, and he seemed a real handful. Would have thought that Sligo could find a place somewhere in the forwards for him. It's a bit like what's going on with the young players in my own county.