Crisps: your no 1 ?

Started by J OGorman, June 04, 2014, 05:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Quote from: screenexile on June 06, 2014, 09:25:05 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 05, 2014, 11:56:36 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 05, 2014, 10:51:30 PM

My personal favourite from when I was a kid

Ah now, they were the business back in the day.

What do you mean back in the day?! They're still about and I'd treat myself to an odd bag here or there on occasion.

Tayto 5s anyone? Jaysus I polished £1's worth one evening and it was heaven. It's a pity they disappeared but the mix of pickled onion and bacon was immense!

5s are still there just in a bigger bag! Only the bacon ones though

gawa316

Anyone remember Football Specials?

Also loved Frisps (always had loads that were folded over, folded over crisps are better for some reason!), Roysters and special mention for Farmer Browns Scallion flavour

Oh and forgot to mention the old style Ringos

Zip Code

For some reason putting the salt on yourself made them nicer.

Hardy

A stroke of genius, J O'Gorman! I've often wondered how to keep soccer threads down to reasonable levels on this board, but I would never have dreamed of something like this.

At this rate, the World Cup will slip by unnoticed.

Gabriel_Hurl

heganboy

Honorable mentions

But there are really only two real winners-

winner when there is beer involved:

and the winner at other times

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Asal Mor

Banshee Bones and Meanies mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Growing up, a few of us agreed that crisps were the only kind of food where the cheaper ones were better than the expensive ones.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

mrdeeds

Thai rings are feckin lovely.

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

CD

I remember these lads form the tuc-shop at school. They were packed in so tight and the packets were so thin that there was always a danger they would explode on opening and scatter the baconny balls all over the place.

Lads poured them into the blazer pocket and ate them from there over the course of the first lesson after break time. I can only imagine how distracting it must have been for the teacher to hear the rustle and crunch as each wee football was surreptitiously slipped into the mouth, not to mention the lingering smell of bacon!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!