Longford v Wexford LSFC QF - Longford 7 June 2014 @ 7pm

Started by Shamrock Shore, June 02, 2014, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Here we go again. Our annual battle with the Bize from Wexford.

Chrisht on a bike. We need to win this one badly having suffered at the hands of the YellaBellies for the past million years.

I have heard no rumours from Longford camp. No injuries, no rows, no threats of walkouts so perhaps we can give this a good rattle.
The winner meets Dublin (or Laois) in the Leinster semi final!

For those of a mad disposition one can take in the Longford hurlers in Croke Park in the Lory Meagher Cup final versus Fermanagh at midday as well.
I intend to get both matches in.

With the help of God we'll see hurlers and footballers in Croker this year. Not too many counties, who operate at our level, would be able to boast this!!

Time for a new bus?

seafoid

Longford should get over this mental hurdle at last.

Qwerty28

Fair play to you Shamrock for going to support the hurlers...I could make that game in about 20 mins but instead will head down to see the big ball game no doubt in the lashing rain!

Game is there for the taking, as it has been against Wexford over last few years, still don't know how we lost that game in Tullamore 2 years ago...same as that game and the last day out against Offaly, will probably need to take one of our numerous goal chances in order to progress...should be tight and not much more than a score or 2 in it at the end

Shamrock Shore

QuoteFair play to you Shamrock for going to support the hurlers.

Kinda hafta Qwerty as there are fambly members involved in the background.

Shamrock Shore

Longford team for Saturday's match:

1.Damien Sheridan
2.Dermot Brady
3.Barry Gilleran
4.Fergal Battrim
5.Colm P. Smith
6.Enda Williams
7.Shane Mulligan
8.John Keegan
9.Shane Doyle
10.Michael Quinn
11.Francis McGee
12.Paul Barden
13.Mark Hughes
14.Brian Kavanagh
15.Sean McCormack

As strong as we can name, in fairness.

Qwerty28

This game not really capturing the imagination of the public on here or in general, prob see 90 seconds of highlights on Sunday Game whether game is good, bad or indifferent!

Good to see Gilleran back as was missed the last day and not many options form the bench. Enjoy the games tomorrow Shamrock and hopefully we'll be celebrating 2 victories this time tomorrow!

rodney trotter

That's a fairly strong Longford forward line. McGee is a good player on the 40. Good luck tomorrow ,ye must be sick of meeting Wexford at this stage.

North Longford

Just not sure about enda williams centre back....rather see someone with a bit more pace there. Maybe even Quinn with Michael Brady in mf. Think Declan Reilly is a huge loss....not just as the best back we have but just his pure calming influence on lads around him.

Don Corleone

What time is this fixed for exactly. Paddy Powers say 17.00 with Clare/Waterford at 19.00hrs.
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?

Blowitupref

12 mins gone Longford 0-2 Wexford 1-3

25 mins gone Longford 0-6 Wexford 1-5

Half time Longford 0-7 Wexford 1-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

57 mins gone Longford 1-11 Wexford 1-11 full time longford 1-13 Wexford 1-15
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Shamrock Shore

Ara shite.

Wexford deserved it. They played with more fire and determination. We cuda won it in the end but just didn't have enough to get over the line.

You cannot win any game with no Plan A. Add to that missed 'easy' frees, poor passing, lunatic kick outs and such, well....we were lucky maybe to be in it right to the end.

Well done Wexford and, well, hope ye give Laois a rattle.

Well done to Longford hurlers. I'm tired having attended both matches.

Goodnight.

Qwerty28

Couldn't summarise it any better than that Shamrock, sloppy performance all over the field and there seemed to be a lack of ideas at times as to what the plan was..our centre half back sallying up the pitch without a clue what to do and in the end either gave it away cheaply or almost hit the corner flag!

Better team won so cant have any complaints and not half as disappointing as the defeat to Wexford 2 years ago. Very little appetite for the qualifiers, probably draw Offaly again!

panc56

Feeling even worse today, we really kicked that one away. Crazy shot selection, missed frees , turnovers which directly resulted in the concession of 1-4.
I won't agree that Wexford deserved it, when you take ciaran Lyng and waters out of they were poor in a number of areas.
Not much stomach here either for the Qulaifiers. How they started Niall Mulligan when we haven't seen him all year. I think Kavanaghs days in the Jersey are at end too. Paul Barden again the best of us.