Meath vs Carlow, Dr Cullen Park, June 15th

Started by thejuice, May 25, 2014, 11:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Well our first game of a new championship. Looking forward to it.

Glad it's in Croker as I think we'll be a bit more comfortable there than in Dr Cullen Park. Can't take this fixture lightly as we might have once as we nearly got caught last year.

Possible line up similar to our league starting 15.

Paddy O'Rourke

Donal Keoghan, Kevin Reilly, Cillian Young,

Pauric Harnan, Brian Menton, Micky Burke,

Shane O'Rourke, Conor Gillespie

Cillian O Sullivan, Andrew Tormey, Graham Reilly,

Brian McMahon, Stephan Bray, Michael Newman, 

Rumours of injuries to Stephan Bray and Kevin Reilly and if true id say well see David Bray start and Burke or Menton at full back with Paddy Gilsenan coming in on the wing.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Obvious

Thisonegoesto11

Bit unfair to Carlow as Meath have played in Croke Park more often  ::)

Will be interesting to see where Meath are at. Expect them to win comfortably .

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Who's the referee? Everything hinges on that.

thejuice

Just checked GAA.ie and it's actually a home game for Carlow. Don't know why I got the impression we were part of a double header in Croker.

Well, that changes everything doesn't it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on May 26, 2014, 11:56:59 AM
Just checked GAA.ie and it's actually a home game for Carlow. Don't know why I got the impression we were part of a double header in Croker.

Well, that changes everything doesn't it.

I haven't been back to Dr Cullen Park since the Wexford horror show of 2008.
To tell you the truth, I've never really forgiven the entire county of Carlow for us losing that game.

Hardy

Jinxy

I'll never forget the triumphant yellowbellies pelting us with strawberries as we made our way back to the car.

Hardy

Hardy

AZOffaly

Class. And beds upstairs to bring off the bodies.

thejuice

Carlow might have finished bottom of Division 4 but we know they don't take the league seriously. They're a championship team.

thejuice

The lads on Carlows hoganstand page are talking themselves down big time. Deep down they have us written off, well they should be warned we are not going down there to make up the numbers.