8.Dick Clerkin
9.Darren Hughes
10.Paul Finlay
11.Pauric Donaghy
12.Paudie McKenna
13.Dermot Malone
14.Kieran Hughes
15.Jack McCarron

McManus and Lennon on the bench. You'd imagine there'll be one or two changes before it starts.

Strong team, plenty of runners and dirty ball winners... What about the remainder of the bench: C McGuinness, R Wylie, Eoin Duffy, T Kerr, Gavin Doogan?

I'd be genuinely surprised if Monaghan line out like that. O'Rourke is notorious for making 1 to 2 changes from the line -up provided to the media. Any idea what it will actually be?

I agree, but who knows who the changes may be. Even setting aside Eoin and Conor's recovery from injury, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ryan Wylie, Jinxy or McGuinness starting, even Eoin Duffy.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2014, 09:54:40 AM
"Moans" sets up a lot of forward moves so he'll need to be well "marked"

Nice wordplay Fuzz, I like it..

GrandMasterFlash

Monaghan lads take note of the difference between the Tyrone crowd on your streets compared to the Armagh ones you meet next.

Difference being good or bad Fuzz? We're well aware of both crowds so you'll need to define 'difference'...  :o

Wee Roddy

That is close but not quite the Tyrone starting team according to my source.
Grugan didnt impress me in the club championship at all against Coalisland and it took a late thirty something to come on to give Omagh a grip at midfield. I do think Grugan has talent but perhaps at wing forward (but not in place of our Marty:-)
Going by Gormley form in the club championship i for one would still have him on as the best defender in the county at club level but i dont be at county training to see what goes on so. When Tyrone won the All Ireland in 03 Stevie was a sub but everyone knew he was one of our better forwards and it takes everyone to know their role, which i would imagine the Tyrone lads do

armaghniac

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 13, 2014, 12:44:32 PM
Monaghan lads take note of the difference between the Tyrone crowd on your streets compared to the Armagh ones you meet next.

Difference being good or bad Fuzz? We're well aware of both crowds so you'll need to define 'difference'...  :o

They wear different colours and the ones this weekend have funny accents with lots of references to "wiles", "cutties", "cubs" and the like.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

WT4E

Quote from: Wee Roddy on June 13, 2014, 12:49:23 PM
That is close but not quite the Tyrone starting team according to my source.
Grugan didnt impress me in the club championship at all against Coalisland and it took a late thirty something to come on to give Omagh a grip at midfield. I do think Grugan has talent but perhaps at wing forward (but not in place of our Marty:-)
Going by Gormley form in the club championship i for one would still have him on as the best defender in the county at club level but i dont be at county training to see what goes on so. When Tyrone won the All Ireland in 03 Stevie was a sub but everyone knew he was one of our better forwards and it takes everyone to know their role, which i would imagine the Tyrone lads do

Big Starrs I think - He was seeing stars after the haymaker he got near the end!

I though P Kane was good that evening operating around the middle for the island but no sign of him at all theses days!!

Jinxy

Quote from: Main Street on June 13, 2014, 10:35:52 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 13, 2014, 04:24:20 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 13, 2014, 12:07:30 AM
Yep.

Monaghan have never been blessed with footballing ability or brains. That's why no AIs.

But they eat a lot and train. That can be dangerous.

Think you hit the nail on the head there O'Neill
Yes, hit the nail into his own head, more like.
Probably being stuck in a dead end job, 20 years or so operating the cash till or some similar mundane job in education will do that to  a man with no  ambition, or as MH says, a man with a lot of empty space inside.

Almost as dangerous as the complete absence of any discernible sense of humour.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

I suppose I was digging to see who ye hate more.
The apple munching, Buckfast drinking, wrong flag following Our Ma fans Boy

Or the quiet reserved humble Tyrone fans who will quietly respect your town this weekend, even if they are a bit cheeky

Bingo

Predictions:

Monaghan to get first black card
2 reds in the game
Plenty of yellows
Changes to both teams before the start  ;)
Monaghan by 2.

ONeill

Tyrone 1-15
Monaghan 0-15

Monaghan to fly out of the blocks to make a mockery of the Tyrone game-fit perception. Lead 0-6 to 0-1 after 12 mins. Gradually Tyrone begin to wear the Fariel down and Gormley lords over his manor. A Peter Harte penalty after a Mone black card sees the red arses home and a romantic clench with the apple chompers. Fariel off to Louth where they are given a scare before bullying the wee ones.

Kyle Coney cameo late on sees him hit 0-3. McManus appears on 55 mins to a hero's reception only to be accidentally dumped on his arse by Colm Cavanagh who was soloing over his own head at the time.

Or maybe a dull 0-10 0-9. I don't know. Accordions tramped into shite beforehand.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

ONeill

About time we had a hurling scoreline like that. Great for Sky highlights.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rrhf

Tyrone by 7 after 10 minutes. Monaghan to claw and claw but denied by a late last ditch heroic act by Sean cav.  Colm cav. to cause mayhem.