Vote

Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

The issue I have is not with voting but that they are all useless.

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2014, 12:38:57 PM
Voting is pointless. No matter who gets in, they're all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Then you give up your right to complain.
Testing Accessibility

cockahoop

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2014, 01:05:30 PM

and the odd one who actually could do a good job is a bigot

thewobbler

Quote from: cockahoop on May 21, 2014, 01:03:43 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 21, 2014, 12:49:50 PM
Voting is pointless. No matter who gets in, they're all singing from the same hymn sheet.
Voting is the fundamental cornerstone of democracy.

Your opinion on the matter is the ultimate catch-22. You won't vote because you don't think it matters, but you will complain anyway about those who get voted in.

yip it certainly is,shinn fein making a balls of education and dare speak against them your a dissendent,SDLP,clueless so do i as a nationalist vote dup?no chance so exactly catch 22

We're not spoiled for choice, that's for sure.

But in any other walk of life, if given the choice between a bad situation and a worse situation, we will take the bad one.
Vote for the least worst. If everyone does this, then next time the worst will have to up their game.

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2014, 01:00:21 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 21, 2014, 12:49:50 PM
Voting is the fundamental cornerstone of democracy.

Your opinion on the matter is the ultimate catch-22. You won't vote because you don't think it matters, but you will complain anyway about those who get voted in.

Democracy is a myth.

Really? I must have imagined that over the course of my lifetime, Sinn Fein have gone from noisily marching around the margins of society, to a position where they had enough power to ruin a perfectly good education system.

Politicians might not have the complete control that democracy should provide, but f**k me, they can affect our lives.

armaghniac

Quote from: Minder on May 21, 2014, 12:12:40 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on May 21, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
So what you are saying is that people so vote 1,2,3 etc

Dodds and Anderson are certs, I think, their seat between Alex Attwood or Jim Allister, I think

Quite. The question is will the SF people have the political maturity to support nationalism by putting Attwood first or will they only support their own cult.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CD

Quote from: cockahoop on May 21, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Are you suggesting that only the odd one is a bigot?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

cockahoop

Quote from: CD on May 21, 2014, 02:51:52 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on May 21, 2014, 01:07:28 PM

Are you suggesting that only the odd one is a bigot?

no

CD

I'm with you. A complete shower the whole lot of them. Why there even a need for a vote in a non-democracy is beyond me. I firmly believe that a vote for any candidate is a vote in support of a fractured form of self-serving power sharing where all decision making has a colour coded sectarian undertone. Decisions in NI need to be taken in the best interests of the people first and the parties second. Sick of the whole lot of them
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Rossfan

Do ye Nordie bucks just vote for "our side" or would ye continue preferences down the line among the least objectionable of "the others"?
What's the story with these new Councils and how are they expected to breakdown between Nationalist/Unionist?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: CD on May 21, 2014, 04:00:44 PM
I'm with you. A complete shower the whole lot of them. Why there even a need for a vote in a non-democracy is beyond me. I firmly believe that a vote for any candidate is a vote in support of a fractured form of self-serving power sharing where all decision making has a colour coded sectarian undertone.

Vote for jim Allister, so. He doesn't believe in power sharing.

ziggysego

Quote from: Rossfan on May 21, 2014, 06:40:04 PM
Do ye Nordie bucks just vote for "our side" or would ye continue preferences down the line among the least objectionable of "the others"?
What's the story with these new Councils and how are they expected to breakdown between Nationalist/Unionist?

I use up the majority of my preference. Couldn't bring myself to give on to a few of them though.
Testing Accessibility

Kidder81

Quote from: armaghniac on May 21, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Dodds and Anderson are certs, I think, their seat between Alex Attwood or Jim Allister, I think

Quite. The question is will the SF people have the political maturity to support nationalism by putting Attwood first or will they only support their own cult.

Can't see Attwood getting any transfers from SF, they would rather a Unionist got in than a nationalist candidate.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 21, 2014, 07:43:23 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 21, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

Can't see Attwood getting any transfers from SF, they would rather a Unionist got in than a nationalist candidate.
When they have a nice wee carve-up agreed with the DUP they wouldn't want anything to reduce the slice of the pie.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2014, 07:50:53 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on May 21, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

When they have a nice wee carve-up agreed with the DUP they wouldn't want anything to reduce the slice of the pie.

When the Euro elections started, NI was given 3 seats rather than 2 so that the Nationalists would get one, Scotland only has 6 seats for example. Now that things are much more 50/50, SF and the DUP should propose donating the third seat to Scotland.

Tony Baloney

I am still not sure what these cretins do for us in Europe outside of scrounging for grants and subsidies. Can we not just appoint a representative to plead poverty for all of us?