Vote

Started by Feckitt, May 21, 2014, 09:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2015, 12:32:38 AM
Quote from: Over the Bar on May 08, 2015, 12:21:41 AM
Presumably SF knew that by running O'Muilleior against McDonnell it would likely hand the seat to DUP this time around and then take it next time? 
SF wouldn't have a hope of taking South Belfast at any time in the foreseeable future. The 'best' they can do is spoil the party for the SDLP.

Would be more aimed at coercing them into a pact... to not run in north Belfast I would say

macdanger2

Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2015, 05:20:32 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 07, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2015, 03:36:45 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on May 07, 2015, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 07, 2015, 02:43:13 PM
None of them deserve my vote.

Go anyway and spoil your vote.
By not voting you are saying you are happy with the representation you are getting.
By spoiling your vote you are saying you are not happy with the choice you are being offered.

I usually spoil my vote but couldn't even be arsed bothering at this stage. SDLP are feeble, Alliance do nothing outside of Belfast and Sinn Fein sicken my hole why don't they just take their seats at Parliament?!?! They have a great chance of getting into Government in the South and with the way things are going in this General Election they could have an important role in Westminster!!

This 'Vote usuns' so themmuns'' don't get in mentality that prevails basically everywhere does my complete head in. Get in there and do something if you're happy enough to take the money you should take your f**king seat!!

Rant over.

So you actually take the bother to go to a polling station and spoil the paper, seems totally pointless. Why not simply don't vote then.

I think voting is a very important right that we have that a number of people have had to fight very hard to get... By going and spoiling my vote I am recognising my right to vote but also recognising that my constituency is run by a bunch of small minded petty fcukwits who don't deserve it!!

Agree 100%, if everyone who is disillusioned with the current offering spoiled their votes, it would make a massive statement for change across the board

Maguire01

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 08, 2015, 12:36:40 AM
Presumably SF knew that by running O'Muilleior against McDonnell it would likely hand the seat to DUP this time around and then take it next time? 
SF wouldn't have a hope of taking South Belfast at any time in the foreseeable future. The 'best' they can do is spoil the party for the SDLP.

Maybe they shouldn't stand in S Belfast?
It's about keeping profile and presence for Assembly elections too.

Nigel White

armaghniac

Quote from: Nigel White on May 08, 2015, 12:51:18 AM
Quote from: Pub Bore on May 08, 2015, 12:33:58 AM
Is Sylvia Hermon OK??
Yup

She's on RTÉ now, seems confident. She doesn't expect Cameron to be asking for her vote.
She mentioned that the SNP had spooked the people of North Down.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Sounds like the SDLP will retain Foyle and S Belfast. UUP potential to turn over DUP in U Bann and S Antrim.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2015, 12:49:05 AM

Maybe if SF don't have a chance in s Belfast and only spoil it for the Sdlp then Sdlp shouldn't spoil it for SF in ferm tyr?

Maguire01

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 08, 2015, 01:12:37 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2015, 12:49:05 AM

Maybe if SF don't have a chance in s Belfast and only spoil it for the Sdlp then Sdlp shouldn't spoil it for SF in ferm tyr?
Then the SDLP lose presence in Fermanagh and their chance of regaining an Assembly seat drops.

trileacman

Quote from: Nigel White on May 08, 2015, 12:24:00 AM
Jeffrey Donaldson is the most smug looking git I've seen in a long time

He needs a f**king drive up the hole. Air of smug entitlement inherent of all too many "up there" Unionist politicians.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Pub Bore

Looks like Farage has lost.

Over the Bar

Jeffrey Donaldson is the most smug looking git I've seen in a long time

He needs a f**king drive up the hole.
Air of smug entitlement inherent of all too many "up there" Unionist politicians.

If super-injunction rumours are true he's already had a few of those!! ;)

armaghniac

Cannabis guy got over 500 in W Tyrone, religious fundamentalist woman  166.

SF down 1500, SDLP up 1200 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Durkan returned with increased majority in Foyle.

Kinnihan in and McCrea out in South Antrim.

trileacman

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2015, 01:48:26 AM

Gave a humble speech afterwards, would be at odds with a few we've had to witness so far.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Pub Bore

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 08, 2015, 01:48:26 AM

Arlene Foster calls Kinahan a victory for Unionism