Football Qualifiers 2014

Started by blanketattack, May 20, 2014, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 16, 2014, 04:31:48 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 16, 2014, 03:01:58 PM
I am completely lost here. How does the draw work after round 1? Is A/B forgot about and an open draw with losing semi finalists or will losing semi finalists be only allowed to play against teams from their original group e.g. if Monaghan lose to Armagh they'll have to play against a winner from group B?

Can Roscommon get Tyrone in Hyde Park again?

Of course. You only get second year home advantage if you play R1 games in successive years and you played away the first year. Tyrone went to Tullamore in R1 last year so they get Louth in Omagh these year. They get no advantage in R2.

armaghniac

Quote from: Syferus on June 16, 2014, 05:27:30 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 16, 2014, 04:31:48 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 16, 2014, 03:01:58 PM
I am completely lost here. How does the draw work after round 1? Is A/B forgot about and an open draw with losing semi finalists or will losing semi finalists be only allowed to play against teams from their original group e.g. if Monaghan lose to Armagh they'll have to play against a winner from group B?

Can Roscommon get Tyrone in Hyde Park again?

Of course. You only get second year home advantage if you play R1 games in successive years and you played away the first year. Tyrone went to Tullamore in R1 last year do they get Louth in Onagh these year. They get no advantage in R2.

What happens if they get Monaghan after Armagh remove them from the Ulster championship?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Don't Monaghan get home advantage then as a result of winning the Provincial game?.

I presume if we're drawn away to one of the 6 Co teams ( please God not Tyrone again ) the game won't be played till Sunday 13th due to all the floots parading?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 09, 2014, 03:54:28 PM
Good draws for all the Ulster sides they should all progress to round two.
Quote from: Pangurban on June 09, 2014, 11:28:17 PM
Should be a stroll in the Park for all the Ulster Counties involved

Well done.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

joemamas

Can anybody please give an update as to who will be in pot A and B for next rounds.

Thanks in advance

commonman

As far as I recall:

Pot A

Limerick/Laois/Longford/Wicklow  V Sligo/Antrim/Tipp and Wex (or Dub)

Pot B

TY/LH, WH/CN, WD/CW, DN/LM  V Roscommon, Clare, Armagh or Monaghan, Meath or Kildare

Dinny Breen

Quote from: commonman on June 22, 2014, 09:10:51 PM
As far as I recall:

Pot A

Pot B

TY/LH, WH/CN, WD/CW, DN/LM  V Roscommon, Clare, Armagh or Monaghan, Meath or Kildare

Wow! Some difference between Pot A and Pot B on both sides.  Laois are the only team in Division 1 or 2 in Pot A.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 23, 2014, 04:48:18 PM
As far as I recall:

Pot A

Pot B

Wow! Some difference between Pot A and Pot B on both sides.  Laois are the only team in Division 1 or 2 in Pot A.

The new system is working brilliantly in so many ways. Sligo lost their semi-final two weeks after us and they will play their next game a week before we do.

This shite has made the whole system even worse.

commonman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 23, 2014, 04:48:18 PM
As far as I recall:

Pot A

Pot B

Yes there's a massive discrepancy, that continues all the way to the Quarter Finals. If i'm reading it correctly the two teams to emerge from Pot A play the Connacht and munster final losers and the two winners of those matches play the Connacht and munster winners. Mayo Galway Kerry Cork will all be fancying their chances of a last 8 appearance with the possibility of meeting a major power in the last 12 very much reduced. The other side much more of a lottery.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Dinny Breen

So if Kildare manage to get to a Leinster final and lose they face a f**k hard last 12 game and if they win that they face a 50/50 chance of playing Dublin again. I despair I really do.
#newbridgeornowhere

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 24, 2014, 11:52:42 PM
So if Kildare manage to get to a Leinster final and lose they face a f**k hard last 12 game and if they win that they face a 50/50 chance of playing Dublin again. I despair I really do.

It's a ball of shite. Adds absolutely nothing to the qualifier system  Where did this idea come from? Anyone aware of who raised the motion at congress? Was the FRC involved?

Syferus

I assume that the usual no provincial final repeats applies so Kildare would have a zero percent chance of meeting Dublin in an AIQF.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2014, 12:53:52 AM

I assume that the usual no provincial final repeats applies so Kildare would have a zero percent chance of meeting Dublin in an AIQF.

You would expect but I didn't that caveat anywhere.
#newbridgeornowhere

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2014, 07:54:32 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2014, 12:53:52 AM

You would expect but I didn't that caveat anywhere.

QuoteThere will be no restriction on provincial rematches in Rounds 1 and 2, but it will apply from there on.

So I'd presume this also applies to AI QFs?