Football Qualifiers 2014

Started by blanketattack, May 20, 2014, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Barbarino was surprised that Cavan beat Westmeath. Whatever he predicts back the opposite.

babarino

Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2014, 10:11:43 PM
Barbarino was surprised that Cavan beat Westmeath. Whatever he predicts back the opposite.

I'd say I'm not the only one Itch that was surprised Cavan beat Westmeath. But without Mackey I just can't see you do it against the Rossies. Plus, unlike yourselves, Roscommon have shown potential to convert their underage success into a top tier side.

I'll not lose sleep over it either way, with an Ulster Final to look forward to.

babarino

Is Mackey out with a back injury from carrying the rest of ye?

Itchy

Come back when you win an all Ireland, always in our shadow don't forget it.

babarino

Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2014, 11:18:41 PM
Come back when you win an all Ireland, always in our shadow don't forget it.

And this is why Cavan are doomed to perennial underachievement. Living in the past, latching on to the success of a generation that have mostly passed away.

It's the 21st century Itch! You need to produce more footballers than Mackey today instead of exhuming players from the 1940s.

Itchy

We'll always have a tradition in football you boys will never have. It will always be there no matter how good or bad we are. I know you are bitter about it but tough luck for you. I feel real pity for Monaghan but keep yer head up and maybe one day.

Syferus

Quote from: babarino on July 09, 2014, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2014, 10:11:43 PM

I'd say I'm not the only one Itch that was surprised Cavan beat Westmeath. But without Mackey I just can't see you do it against the Rossies. Plus, unlike yourselves, Roscommon have shown potential to convert their underage success into a top tier side.

I'll not lose sleep over it either way, with an Ulster Final to look forward to.

Cavan have done more with arguably less than we have recently. Both teams have everything to prove.

babarino

In my now middle aged life, I've very rarely known Cavan to have the better of us competitively. Give me the here and now over tradition any day.

Anyway the thread isn't about this tedious Monaghan v Cavan stuff. All I said was I think Roscommon would beat you and you go off on one. I might be proved wrong, it has happened before.

Go on Itch...give yourself a good scratch.

Itchy

For a middle age man you must suffer from Alzheimer's. I think Ros probably will beat us too. It was your bitter prediction vrs Westmeath I took you up on not Roscommon.

babarino

Quote from: Itchy on July 10, 2014, 12:03:37 AM
For a middle age man you must suffer from Alzheimer's. I think Ros probably will beat us too. It was your bitter prediction vrs Westmeath I took you up on not Roscommon.

No sign of Alzheimer's yet Itch thankfully. Although I doubted myself when you mentioned the 'bitter prediction vrs Westmeath'. So I had another look at it and fail to understand how you think it was bitter.

You've got issues Itch and it's not something I'm qualified to deal with. Maybe a good win this weekend will make you see things more positively...but no offense, I think Roscommon will win.

sligoman2

Congratulations to Sligo on a good win.  From the radio broadcast, it appeared we had 75% of the posesssion against a very defensive minded team.
Coen did the magic act again and our midfield once again played well. 

Looks like Cork in the next round unless Galway can pull an upset tomorrow.

Well done pat and team on making the necessary changes when needed.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossie11

Tipp gave cork a real fright so Sligo should show them no fear.
Great to see ye on another run. Been involved in some crackers down the year.
Keep her going Sligo..

macdanger2

Well done to the rossies and sligo today

galwayman

Can Galway and Sligo not meet in the next round because of their earlier meeting - so it's definitely Sligo v Cork & Galway v Tipp assuming we come up short tomorrow?

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on July 12, 2014, 10:37:31 PM
Can Galway and Sligo not meet in the next round because of their earlier meeting - so it's definitely Sligo v Cork & Galway v Tipp assuming we come up short tomorrow?

Yip. All set up for four Connacht QFinalists 8)