Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Squire all I'm doing is trying to highlight to some of you Dub fans as well as the rest of the country what is ACTUALLY happening.

Of course some of it is just OTT talk but a lot of it is true and just cos some of ye dismiss it with a quick "ah yes and then get free Ryanair flights too" comments doesn't wash with most of us.

I've heard from several sources about the cars and petrol now and of course I didn't mean one cooked meal after training. I mean carefully planned food to eat at home etc and everyone as their own diet plan I would suspect.
This really is professional sport behaviour and is a massive change from the ways GAA is in most counties would you not agree.

The days of lads having to do a hard days work and then go and train and play on a Sunday is long gone.

Of course ye don't like hearing this been discussed lads but I'd say there are loads of REAL Dublin fans like Squire who don't know the full story and what a player has done in the week before a game.

So how can you tell his Heffo? How many times do they train a week now both collectively and on their own?

Dont Matter

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 12, 2014, 02:49:04 PM
Yes and they get reach arounds off Colm Parkinson too...................... ::)

You seem to have an obsession with Parkinson, you come across as a creepy stalker. Hopefully newstalk have good security.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Hotshot Hamish

Free cars and petrol.  Bejebus its well for them.
Sure they may as well take it if they are given it.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 03:04:16 PM
Squire all I'm doing is trying to highlight to some of you Dub fans as well as the rest of the country what is ACTUALLY happening.

Of course some of it is just OTT talk but a lot of it is true and just cos some of ye dismiss it with a quick "ah yes and then get free Ryanair flights too" comments doesn't wash with most of us.

I've heard from several sources about the cars and petrol now and of course I didn't mean one cooked meal after training. I mean carefully planned food to eat at home etc and everyone as their own diet plan I would suspect.
This really is professional sport behaviour and is a massive change from the ways GAA is in most counties would you not agree.

The days of lads having to do a hard days work and then go and train and play on a Sunday is long gone.

Of course ye don't like hearing this been discussed lads but I'd say there are loads of REAL Dublin fans like Squire who don't know the full story and what a player has done in the week before a game.

So how can you tell his Heffo? How many times do they train a week now both collectively and on their own?

You sound like a Kerry man looking down ones nose at someone, Can you tell me of any other county that don't provide some beverages and food after training etc ???

Fuzzman

Cars, petrol and food for the week Squire.....
That's different to petrol expenses and a bit of dinner after training which is what most county lads get I believe

Of course if they can afford to do that then that's great but all I'm saying is there's some difference to what some counties can provide for their players.

Mayo4Sam

This is the Dubs we're talking about, wont know a hard days work if it hit them in the face
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Canalman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 12, 2014, 05:04:22 PM

This is the Dubs we're talking about, wont know a hard days work if it hit them in the face

Probably came in handy last September . No need to keep asking the boss for time off to celebrate the AI win. :D

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 04:33:58 PM
Cars, petrol and food for the week Squire.....
That's different to petrol expenses and a bit of dinner after training which is what most county lads get I believe

Of course if they can afford to do that then that's great but all I'm saying is there's some difference to what some counties can provide for their players.

And what worked for tyrone in their golden era, bar the talent what got them over the edge ........................the tuna rolls or something else ???

squire_in_navy_slacks

Similar to Conor Mort perhaps......................about 25 years in DCU doing a thesis  ::)

Donnellys Hollow

I call bull on the cooked meals. It is obvious that they are not getting fed at all. They are so hungry they have to resort to taking bites out of the opposition's players.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 12, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
I call bull on the cooked meals. It is obvious that they are not getting fed at all. They are so hungry they have to resort to taking bites out of the opposition's players.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Good one Donnelllys

J OGorman

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 12, 2014, 06:24:12 PM

Similar to Conor Mort perhaps......................about 25 years in DCU doing a thesis  ::)

Thats totally unfair, it was 400 words ffs

PaddyP73

a bit like the Mayo forward line  :P

PaddyP73

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 12, 2014, 03:14:06 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 12, 2014, 02:49:04 PM
Yes and they get reach arounds off Colm Parkinson too...................... ::)

You seem to have an obsession with Parkinson, you come across as a creepy stalker. Hopefully newstalk have good security.
says the lad who wets his pants talking about the Dubs 8)

PaddyP73

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on June 12, 2014, 06:24:12 PM

in fairness he put a lot of hard work into dying his hair and tattoos