Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 11, 2014, 03:49:36 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 11, 2014, 03:10:41 PM
We will enjoy it, and we will enjoy a lot lot lot more so get use to it. The split will never happen, well not in the next 50 years anyway, the fans, players and the GAA in Dublin wont stand for it, it will be more a case of the amalgamation of weaker counties like Laois to try and compete at the high level set out by Dublin.

Dublin = total football, a new breed of player and style, enjoy watching us.

;D It's the most expensively assembled team the GAA has ever seen by a huge margin. With the amount spent on the players coming through the youth system, the amount spent on top class facilites, coaches, a World champion, extensive backroom teams, giving free cars to players etc etc it must reach nearly 20 million!
The question is: how can you not win with all these resources? In fact it's embarrassing that you've only won 2 senior All Irelands during this time. The split is coming!  :D

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you " You don't matter". I was busy working my 500,000 a year job with the Dublin county board so couldn't write back. Your figure of 20 million is incorrect, its more around 40 million if you take into the consideration the amount of money we generate and donate to the weaker counties like Laois and towards paying managers 100k a year in Kildare. No doubt our money was used for the 8 million centre of excellence in Tyrone, sure we don't even have one of them (Yet). Id even say some of our money in even in the Mayo coffers, just google around there, 13 million or so, apparently they will make a bid for Bernard Brogan soon.

And it is embarrassing , we should have had 4 in a row already, the ref robbed us in the semi v Cork 2010 and the GAA didn't want us to win 2 in a row in 2012.

Anyway, please remember, every time you see Dublin play, its called Total football, one of the best teams ever to play the game. See you in the Wexford v Dublin thread.

Dont Matter

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 12, 2014, 08:29:42 AM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you " You don't matter". I was busy working my 500,000 a year job with the Dublin county board so couldn't write back. Your figure of 20 million is incorrect, its more around 40 million if you take into the consideration the amount of money we generate and donate to the weaker counties like Laois and towards paying managers 100k a year in Kildare. No doubt our money was used for the 8 million centre of excellence in Tyrone, sure we don't even have one of them (Yet). Id even say some of our money in even in the Mayo coffers, just google around there, 13 million or so, apparently they will make a bid for Bernard Brogan soon.

And it is embarrassing , we should have had 4 in a row already, the ref robbed us in the semi v Cork 2010 and the GAA didn't want us to win 2 in a row in 2012.

Anyway, please remember, every time you see Dublin play, its called Total football, one of the best teams ever to play the game. See you in the Wexford v Dublin thread.

Look at this lad, he thinks Dubl$n are the GAA.  ;D A plan was put together by HQ to pump money into Dubl$n GAA which would make them more competitive in football and hurling, resulting in more revenue for the GAA. Bertie put the plan in motion and since then millions of euro from the GAA and the general public have gone into the development of Dubl$n teams from underage to senior in both codes.

I have listed before the amount of titles this money has garnered, an endless list of underage championships and 2 senior All Irelands. The increased competitiveness has also attracted higher sponsorship deals, the multi million euro aig deal being the latest. There has also been millions of euro of GAA and public money gone into facilities in Dubl$n, top class facilities dotted all over the place. So you see Dubl$n GAA is getting much more out of the other 31 counties than the other way round. You will never see a Dub admit to this and as I've said before, Garth Brooks will create plenty of revenue for the GAA, should we hand him an All Ireland medal too?

Then this Dub claims that refs and the GAA have cost his team All Irelands.  ;D He's got to have been doing the regular Dub recreational activity this morning. There would be no Dubl$n All Irelands this century without the refs and HQ handing it to them. So you remember, every time you watch Dubl$n play, it's money taken from the rest of us that's making you successful and you aren't winning by fair means. Also remember it could be one of the last times you see them play as the split will happen.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

imtommygunn

How do you sleep at night with the weight of knowing the GAA have a big conspiracy going to make Dublin the top dogs in the country?

What if they were to win the hurling and football in one year? Would you implode?

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 12, 2014, 09:28:15 AM
How do you sleep at night with the weight of knowing the GAA have a big conspiracy going to make Dublin the top dogs in the country?

What if they were to win the hurling and football in one year? Would you implode?

I sleep easy. Presidents of the GAA have said their aim was to make Dubl$n the top county in both football and hurling. There's no conspiracy here. It's inevitable that Dubl$n will win football and hurling All Irelands in one year, how could they not? The money is still flowing in. I wont implode but do you not have a problem with teams been bought All Irelands? It can't be great for Dub supporters either, it would be much more satisfying to win by fair means.
Peter Quinn

Donnellys Hollow

Your figure of 20 million is incorrect, its more around 40 million if you take into the consideration the amount of money we generate and donate to the weaker counties like Laois and towards paying managers 100k a year in Kildare. No doubt our money was used for the 8 million centre of excellence in Tyrone, sure we don't even have one of them (Yet). Id even say some of our money in even in the Mayo coffers, just google around there, 13 million or so, apparently they will make a bid for Bernard Brogan soon.

Only €100k? We must be cutting back.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ballinaman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 12, 2014, 09:50:37 AM
Your figure of 20 million is incorrect, its more around 40 million if you take into the consideration the amount of money we generate and donate to the weaker counties like Laois and towards paying managers 100k a year in Kildare. No doubt our money was used for the 8 million centre of excellence in Tyrone, sure we don't even have one of them (Yet). Id even say some of our money in even in the Mayo coffers, just google around there, 13 million or so, apparently they will make a bid for Bernard Brogan soon.

Kildare must be skint, county board can't even afford to pay for players dinners in Croker after the match the last day sure!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ballinaman on June 12, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Kildare must be skint, county board can't even afford to pay for players dinners in Croker after the match the last day sure!

Brady's Ham provided a few post match sambos instead.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

ballinaman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 12, 2014, 10:14:40 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 12, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Brady's Ham provided a few post match sambos instead.
I ham going to look for further confirmation of this.

Zulu

Quote from: Johnnybegood on June 12, 2014, 07:51:27 AM
Why did Morgan single out Cluxton? There where 3 other goalkeepers playing in croker on Sunday! It's up to Morgan and Tyrone to make sure the ball boys give him the ball quickly if he so desires!

I don't think he was singling out Cluxton at all, you Dubs are getting a bit sensitive!! The interesting point is he was told he couldn't have ball boys in Newry and Omagh, surely that is an incorrect directive as they are certainly allowed in CP and why in heaven would you prevent ball boys giving keepers a ball?

Fuzzman

Quote from: heffo on June 11, 2014, 07:45:29 PM
They went on a warm weather break - same one Donegal were on in April. They all took annual leave from the work.

Do you just make the crap about all getting free cars and petrol up?

OK let me make it easier for you Heffo.
How many of the current Dublin senior squad have been given cars, petrol and often given cooked food at training sessions?

Zip Code

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 12, 2014, 02:05:36 PM
They went on a warm weather break - same one Donegal were on in April. They all took annual leave from the work.

How many of the current Dublin senior squad have been given cars, petrol and often given cooked food at training sessions?

What do you want, raw meat to be thrown to them - animals!!!

heffo

I'll make it easier for you.

ALL of the current Hurling and Football panels do not get free cars and none get free petrol.

I'm not going to dignify the cooked food question with an answer. I'd say the bloody Monaghan hurlers get cooked food at training

Dont Matter

They get free cars and fuel paid for. I think Fuzzman was refering to cooked meals givin to take home with them, not the meal they get after training.
Peter Quinn

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 12, 2014, 02:40:18 PM
They get free cars and fuel paid for. I think Fuzzman was refering to cooked meals givin to take home with them, not the meal they get after training.

Yes and they get reach arounds off Colm Parkinson too...................... ::)

ballinaman

Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2014, 02:17:00 PM

I'll make it easier for you.

ALL of the current Hurling and Football panels do not get free cars and none get free petrol.

I'm not going to dignify the cooked food question with an answer. I'd say the bloody Monaghan hurlers get cooked food at training
I reckon Fuzzman is talking about Dublin panel members supposedly getting food(sweet potato, chicken breast ect) to take away with them to eat in between sessions, rather than post session meal which is fairly standard across the board.
Think it's a pretty good idea if it is being done to be honest, diet is key to correct conditioning and can see Dubs are in serious shape. On the otherhand, if not true...no harm having these stories out if they are to spook opposing teams. Win win if you ask me!