Dubl$n v Laois Sunday June 8th 2014 Dubl$n at home as always

Started by Dont Matter, May 20, 2014, 10:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Makes a better game when a team comes out and plays like Laois but very hard to see a team beating Dublin like that

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

macdanger2

laoislad

Quote from: Ringfort on June 08, 2014, 05:53:42 PM
Molly Malone there over the tannoy at FT to a half empty stadium.
Yeah what the fcuk was that about?
Anything to keep the drunks on the Hill happy I suppose.
I'm sure the lovely Trudi Lalor would have got an airing if Laois won.....  ::)

Predictable result but a scoreline that maybe flattered Dublin.
Was delighted to see a Laois team go out and play and gave it their all. I honestly don't mind them losing when you know they gave it a proper go but were just beaten by a far superior team. Nothing worse than seeing them not giving a fcuk and throwing in the towel early on as has happened often with Laois. I thought we scored some superb points today as well, and a wonderful goalkeeping performance from young Brody as well.

They ran out of steam in the second half and the clusterfuck for the second goal finished them and the game.Dublin had another few gears they could have gone up if they really needed to.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Sidney

I'm in full blown patronising Dublin fan mode here but I was impressed by Laois. They made it a real contest for most of the match and that's all you can ask for from anybody against this invincible Dublin team*.

*Dublin are not invincible, and I have doubts about whether they will retain the All-Ireland, but I think realistically only Cork, Mayo, or at a push Donegal can even give them a proper contest. I hope I'm wrong because I do find Dublin's current dominance quite boring - it has ruined the match day experience for me - it's not much fun continuously watching lambs put to slaughter. Today was far from the worst though in that department.

seafoid

Quote from: Sidney on June 08, 2014, 09:03:02 PM
I'm in full blown patronising Dublin fan mode here but I was impressed by Laois. They made it a real contest for most of the match and that's all you can ask for from anybody against this invincible Dublin team*.

*Dublin are not invincible, and I have doubts about whether they will retain the All-Ireland, but I think realistically only Cork, Mayo, or at a push Donegal can even give them a proper contest. I hope I'm wrong because I do find Dublin's current dominance quite boring - it has ruined the match day experience for me - it's not much fun continuously watching lambs put to slaughter. Today was far from the worst though in that department.
* Hard to see Dublin losing in the next 50 years

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on June 08, 2014, 08:48:16 PM

Was delighted to see a Laois team go out and play and gave it their all. I honestly don't mind them losing when you know they gave it a proper go but were just beaten by a far superior team. Nothing worse than seeing them not giving a fcuk and throwing in the towel early on as has happened often with Laois. I thought we scored some superb points today as well, and a wonderful goalkeeping performance from young Brody as well.

They ran out of steam in the second half and the clusterfuck for the second goal finished them and the game.Dublin had another few gears they could have gone up if they really needed to.

Were the lads in your local Finches, Neilstown happy?

Sidney

Quote from: heffo on June 08, 2014, 11:15:47 PM

Were the lads in your local Finches, Neilstown happy?
Finches is a tough spot but I'm sure some of the Armagh boys could hold their own there.

laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 08, 2014, 04:40:16 PM
Laois Goalie having a stormer . What age is he ? Dubs in a wee bit of bother .
Early 20's. He had a stormer is right. Looks very raw and about 12 years old!
Laois have had a few keepers since Fergal Byron and none really as good as Byron but this fella certainly seems good enough to be between the sticks for years to come.

Aaron Boone

Dublin could catch up to Kerry's All-Irelands with this generation.  This year is a certainty.

orangeman

Quote from: Aaron Boone on June 09, 2014, 12:44:58 AM
Dublin could catch up to Kerry's All-Irelands with this generation.  This year is a certainty.

There are no certainties in sport but this year must be as near a certainty as we've ever had.

The Aristocrat

Perhaps the song was played to wake up the drug abusers down from Laois, all a few hundred of them, as per recent reports, Laois has the highest level of drug abuse in the country. Oh sorry am I tarring all with the same brush.

They usually play a song for the winning team, sometimes its the boys are back in town, when Mayo beat Dublin in 2013 they played the saw doctors or some crap like that.

As for the game, Dublin only in strolling mode. Training game. Bigger fish to fry later in the year. 

laoislad

Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2014, 11:03:14 AM

Perhaps the song was played to wake up the drug abusers down from Laois, all a few hundred of them, as per recent reports, Laois has the highest level of drug abuse in the country. Oh sorry am I tarring all with the same brush.

They usually play a song for the winning team, sometimes its the boys are back in town, when Mayo beat Dublin in 2013 they played the saw doctors or some crap like that.

As for the game, Dublin only in strolling mode. Training game. Bigger fish to fry later in the year.
That's totally out of order saying that. You should be banned.
The Saw Doctors are not crap.

Thisonegoesto11

Laois gave a good display. Munnelly was excellent.

Still don't think the scoreline flattered Dublin at all. Dominated the second half and were fairly ruthless when it mattered , took most of their second half scores.
Margin not particularly important but both managers have a lot to be happy with.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on June 09, 2014, 11:07:39 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on June 09, 2014, 11:03:14 AM

That's totally out of order saying that. You should be banned.
The Saw Doctors are not crap.
The Sawdoctors are not crap is right. Pity we didn't bate the Dublin hoors last year... :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.