Are Tyrone Finished

Started by anfheardubh, May 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Bensars on September 02, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
Hunky Dorys pull out. No real suprise given the RTE boycot
http://ulsterherald.com/2014/09/02/tyrone-gaa-must-find-new-sponsor-after-hunky-dorys-pull-out/
No bad thing, I was a bit uncomfortable with Hunky Dorys and their marketing campaign anyway. I don't think it is in keeping with the values of the GAA.
Hopefully the new jersey looks like something that is wearable, and a few people might actually buy it

WT4E

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 03, 2014, 04:46:12 AM
http://ulsterherald.com/2014/09/02/tyrone-gaa-must-find-new-sponsor-after-hunky-dorys-pull-out/
No bad thing, I was a bit uncomfortable with Hunky Dorys and their marketing campaign anyway. I don't think it is in keeping with the values of the GAA.
Hopefully the new jersey looks like something that is wearable, and a few people might actually buy it

Really??? Surely a corporate sponsor shelling out a six figure sum is actually keeping in line with the GAA's current values?

Sidney

Quote from: WT4E on September 03, 2014, 09:38:13 AM

Really??? Surely a corporate sponsor shelling out a six figure sum is actually keeping in line with the GAA's current values?
Hopefully for Tyrone supporters' sakes their next sponsor won't have to pay anything at all to have their name on the jersey.

The plus side of that would be that they could choose a sponsor whose logo doesn't look like a pool of piss.

nrico2006

If its the marketing campaign involving the hunnies then I dunno how any straight man could find an issue with it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

omaghjoe

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 03, 2014, 10:23:37 AM

If its the marketing campaign involving the hunnies then I dunno how any straight man could find an issue with it.

Well if you would be happy enough for your sisters and daughters to be playing football like the way Hunky Dory promotes it that's fine.

I'm not and I dont think that the majority of straight or gay GAA men would be either.

Jinxy

At the time of the launch, Ray Coyle, CEO of Largo Foods said; "We are delighted to be entering into a partnership with one of the most professional organisations in the country. Our passion for crisps is mirrored in the management and team's passion for GAA in Tyrone and we look forward to building a great relationship over the next two years."

;D ;D
I love this sort of corporate gibberish.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Mike Sheehy

That 8 million centre of excellence is looking like a real white elephant now, especially with their sponsors dumping them. There will be fierce pressure coming from (and on)  the CB to get success to keep the money men interested. They need to do something fast. Mickey Harte's days are surely numbered.

anfheardubh

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 03, 2014, 06:04:28 PM
That 8 million centre of excellence is looking like a real white elephant now, especially with their sponsors dumping them. There will be fierce pressure coming from (and on)  the CB to get success to keep the money men interested. They need to do something fast. Mickey Harte's days are surely numbered.

Mike,  Hunky Dory dont want to sponsor them cause Mickey wont talk to RTE

Hunky Dory have a new flavour out now    SOUR GRAPES

Seriously the white elephant is a joke , have been told that professional soccer clubs dont have as big a set up as this

Money should have been spent on upgrading the dump that is Healy Park, a rubbish county ground

Tyrone need a new crisp start to 2015 and concentrate on ladies football , cause the slide is on !!!!!!!!!!!!
For many are called, but few are chosen.

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on September 03, 2014, 06:00:32 PM

At the time of the launch, Ray Coyle, CEO of Largo Foods said; "We are delighted to be entering into a partnership with one of the most professional organisations in the country. Our passion for crisps is mirrored in the management and team's passion for GAA in Tyrone and we look forward to building a great relationship over the next two years."

;D ;D
I love this sort of corporate gibberish.
It is pure bilge, isn't it ? I wonder who writes it.
If their passion for crisps is mirrored in the team's passion for GAA it must actually mean that crisps are part of their identity
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

NaomhBridAbú

speaking of white elephants, hows your ma?
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

BennyHarp

The Kerry lads are counting down the days to when the bogeyman retires and they can get a decent nights sleep.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Can we not just agree that they are finished?

6 years ago they were senior and minor champs. Now they can hardly get by the first round in any grade. That never happens Kerry or the Dubs.

Finished.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

As they say in Armagh Tyrone are done.

NaomhBridAbú

To suggest that Tyrone are finished is a ridiculous notion - there are competitive schools (CBS, Academy, St Ciarans). There are competitive clubs. There is a very healthy interest in football across the county.
It may be appropriate to question if there is the correct coaching infrastructure at u21s...now also at minors...and maybe seniors? to question that there is a need to re-think coaching structures and strategy across the county from development squads upwards?

Those are better questions than the one in the subject box.

Dublin, Meath, Kerry, Armagh, Galway, Mayo, Cork and Tyrone all have had indifferent periods over the last 20 years...I would put money on it now, that Donegal are not top 4 within 10 years...I would even say that a good bet would be on Dublin NOT winning an allireland in 10 years time.

its the cycle of change - and those who adapt best survive the change...probably excluding Kerry who have been re-inenting great teams year in year out since forever...and fair play to them.

tyrone needs to re-group and consider seriously if the right coaching infrastructures are in place...not just MH but throughout the set up.

Finished? are they f**k
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye