Are Tyrone Finished

Started by anfheardubh, May 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

MH is said to be wanting to take a more hands on approach to field based training himself. Rolling up the sleeves. He's bringing in a new S&C coach though.

O'Rourke's insurance policy did not include acts of God. He was raging with Canavan.

ONeill

£1000 grant would not cover much. I'd say O'Rourke would have extravagant taste.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

INDIANA

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 29, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 29, 2014, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 29, 2014, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 29, 2014, 01:54:44 PM
Why would O'Rouke currently leave Monaghan to go to Tyrone, backward step?

Monaghan are not going to be around for much longer with Finlay/Clerkin/Lennon/Gollogly/Mone/Corey all heading in the wrong direction in terms of age... also O'Rourke is a Tyrone man!

Monaghan have a strong underage, winning last years minor tiltle and being in the final the year before, so they have as good of players coming through as Tyrone. Also O Rourke is a Fermanagh man

By winning one ulster minor and appearing in a final does not make the pedigree of player as good as what is coming through in Tyrone.  Tyrone are regularly winning Ulster minor titles and appearing in finals.  Until Monaghan sustain this effort there is no real comparison.

Means nothing because after minor level Tyrone players seem to fly over the Bermuda Triangle.

Tyrone have done nothing at u21 for years

nrico2006

Quote from: INDIANA on August 07, 2014, 09:19:43 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 29, 2014, 03:23:00 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 29, 2014, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 29, 2014, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 29, 2014, 01:54:44 PM
Why would O'Rouke currently leave Monaghan to go to Tyrone, backward step?

Monaghan are not going to be around for much longer with Finlay/Clerkin/Lennon/Gollogly/Mone/Corey all heading in the wrong direction in terms of age... also O'Rourke is a Tyrone man!

Monaghan have a strong underage, winning last years minor tiltle and being in the final the year before, so they have as good of players coming through as Tyrone. Also O Rourke is a Fermanagh man

By winning one ulster minor and appearing in a final does not make the pedigree of player as good as what is coming through in Tyrone.  Tyrone are regularly winning Ulster minor titles and appearing in finals.  Until Monaghan sustain this effort there is no real comparison.

Means nothing because after minor level Tyrone players seem to fly over the Bermuda Triangle.

Tyrone have done nothing at u21 for years

Wining Minor titles means a lot, management has a key role in developing the players after minor level.  Mickey Harte has stalled the progression of a lot of talented minors coming through by either giving them few chances to impress or picking his favourites over them on a consistent basis.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

Mickey Harte has no involvement with Tyrone u21's so how can he be blamed for Tyrones poor performance at that level?

nrico2006

The problem with Tyrone u-21s is not Hartes, but there is a problem with exceptional minors coming out of Tyrone and getting nowhere near the senior team for years whereas in any other County the transition is more seamless. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

rodney trotter

Or maybe you are over hyping some of the players that have came through from Minor? If they were that good they wouldn't be chopped and changed and show some consistency. Not all good minors make good Senior players

rosnarun

one Problem with minors , as regard the senior team , you are better off with one or two exceptional players  rather that 15/20 good ones but  its the latter type that win minor all Irelands
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Tabloid Tim

I expect to see young Frank Burns in the senior set up next season.

nrico2006

Tyrone have had some outstanding minors from the 2004/08/10 winning teams but the majority of them have been given very little chances in comparison to some of the favourites.  At that stage of your career there is a certain nourishment required, firing a boy on for a half with the intention of taking him off if he doesnt set the world alight is not the way to go, especially when there are numerous players on the team who perform poorly yet will last the game and start the next day.  Confidence is one of the major factors in making the step up.   

rodney trotter

Of that Tyrone team that played in the All Ireland Minor final last year, Conor Mckenna was probaly the one who you say would be a Senior star (minor this year too). Looks like he will be set for the AFl draft at end of September, be a big loss for ye if he is offered a deal

Keyser soze

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2014, 11:58:12 AM
Tyrone have had some outstanding minors from the 2004/08/10 winning teams but the majority of them have been given very little chances in comparison to some of the favourites.  At that stage of your career there is a certain nourishment required, firing a boy on for a half with the intention of taking him off if he doesnt set the world alight is not the way to go, especially when there are numerous players on the team who perform poorly yet will last the game and start the next day.  Confidence is one of the major factors in making the step up.   

I don't know much about this but would be interested to know who these players are and how theyre performing at senior level for club and/or county.

blewuporstuffed

Niall Sludden could be one to make the step up now that he seems to be on the way back from that leg break.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

QuoteThe problem with Tyrone u-21s is not Hartes, but there is a problem with exceptional minors coming out of Tyrone and getting nowhere near the senior team for years whereas in any other County the transition is more seamless.

In most of the top counties if 2 or 3 minors make it to senior that would be the height of it with Kerry probably the lowest of them.