Are Tyrone Finished

Started by anfheardubh, May 19, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

You are on your holidays in Rome and you are wasting your time posting shite in here?  ::)

T Fearon

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anfheardubh

Quote from: tyroneman on July 14, 2014, 09:13:54 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 14, 2014, 09:09:02 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 14, 2014, 09:03:03 PM
Tyrone have done nothing since 08. The black card rules have exposed Harte's limitations as a coach. Like Armagh a long fallow period awaits
you mean the black card rules introduced in 2014 tony ?   ::)

Ah Jaysus don't bite on Fearon's nonsense. Tyrone will be back in AI semi finals and finals long before Armagh.

Tyroneman

i reckon tyrone will do well to contest an Ulster final in the next 5 years

they havent won an ulster u 21 title in 8 years the last being in 2006,  the well has run dry and its time to face facts

Tyrone need to reinvent themselves and slightly adjust  the forward division

Forwards are too similiar and all lack the balls to win a dirty ball,  DOOHER GAVLAN MUGSY GOD etc all had that ability

when Sean , Conor and the remaining AI WINNERS pack it in then Tyrone will truly be screwed as they are still carrying the team
For many are called, but few are chosen.

naka

The tyronnies have a great conveyor belt in the mc Rory
With 3 and 1/2 teams
Will say they were the best team at minor level in ulster this year
Tyrone will come good again
Hopefully though they get rid of Mickey and be mis managed for another 20 years

orangeman

Tyrone must have had some team when a thread like this is required to talk of their apparent demise.

In all fairness, Tyrone were always going to suffer adversely from the collective retirement of some of the best players of their generations, who made up the Tyrone team 2003 to 2008. Canavan, Mc Guigan, Jordan to name but 3 were irreplaceable.

Tyrone are now back to where they were before the boom times. They'll be competitive but there will be more days like yesterday than was the "norm" recently.

Football goes in cycles. Cavan threatened to be the next big team but don't seen to have kicked on. Derry despite a disappointing year might be best placed to take advantage. Can Donegal sustain the hunger ?. Armagh will take great heart from yesterday but have work to do.

moysider

Tyrone had a Golden Age and probably maxed in that time, and that's a compliment. They won 3 AIs in a tough time. Kerry had arguably one of their best ever teams during 2 of those wins.

Harte is up there with Heffo, Micko and Boylan as a manager that caterpulted a team to another level.

There were savage players in Tyrone in 70s and 80s. McKenna, McGuigan, Donaghy, McCabe, O Hagan. Art McCrory did his bit and Tyrone were very unlucky/robbed in 95. I think Harte did a great job taking the 'luck' aspect out of things - which of course Micko and Heffo had done earlier by making sure they were better prepared than anybody else.

Like others that had success (including my neighbours Galway), Tyrone fans and the media as well will find it hard to let go. Every McCurry and Coney will be the new Canavan and O Neill but they won t be.

Tyrone also heve to look at their game. Underage and in schools Tyrone are probably at the cutting edge. But because of their senior seccess Tyrone college teams and underage teams all seem to play the Harte way and this may not be a good thing anymore. As well as that intensive underage training and coaching produces 'hot-house flowers' that peak at minor and that s it.

Harte has earned the right to choose when he wants to go himself. I can understand why he would want to stay on. But like all coaches the game changes around ye. The players do as well. Canavan and Cavanagh are once in a lifetime. Dooher, Jordan, McManamon , etc don t grow on trees either.

stew

Swings and roundabouts, Tyrone will be back just like Down were after the glorious 90's. :)

Cant wait!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Yes but Tyrone are finished. I fear they're in for a 20 year period of Harte going and coming back, as Art Mc Crory did every two years, to replace numerous successors who weren't given time to develop.

Black card rules were designed to address Tyrone's cynicism and this has led largely to their demise.

omaghjoe

I am fairly well convinced this is the end for Tyrone. We are unlikely to have a championship win again in Ulster unless we get a lucky break playing Fermanagh or Antrim an off day. The qualifiers will be a similar story praying for trips to Leitrim and Waterford so we can get a third day out. There is even reports that Kilkenny county board may even be considering taking up the inter county mantle again as there could be a competitive game for their footballers now.

Thats only the beginning tho, football is likely to become a minority sport in the county with cricket spreading out from Sion and gradually taking over the GAA pitches. The signs are already there we used to have clubhouses now we have pavilions. On Sunday afternoons the cheers and shouts of GAA will be replaced by Leather on willow in the mountains of Greencastle and along the lough shore.

I can see it all so clearly now....Judgement day has arrived!

Main Street

It's a bit of a bummer alright considering the fanfare around the biggest and best €8m centre of excellence.

seafoid

Being beaten by the apple munchers in r2 of the qualifiers and subsequently taunted by Tony F from his Rome conference of the Brothers of the Immaculate Sean Brady, frankly, is sordid. And things will get a lot worse before they get worse. Not only  will Throne not have the players, they'll miss out on the evolution of the defensive blanket strangle your turnover matchup tactics and even be bypassed by Roscommon. The Gaaboard experience will turn into a nightmare of systematic insults by Orange midgets and over the top Syferian bombast.

For what happens next Tyronies should refer to the reference work viz " Meath football 2000-2010 it was all boylan's fault" , M3 publishing.

Fuzzman

I fear Fearon finally speaks the truth. The black card has signalled Tyrone sentenced to death.

ballymac

as contenders for an All Ireland tyrone were finished a number of years ago. The media talked Tyrone's chances up but as it has been said on here we have lost some of the best players that ever played for Tyrone and indeed ever played the game. These players are not easily replaced and a bit of regrouping will be required. Will it be Mickey Harte that does it I can't say.

How long will it be before we have a similar team? well how long will the present championship format be in place? What other changes will take place regarding rules?
Tyrone enjoyed success in the last decade and current club players will have to step up to the mark if they want to follow in the wake of the great Tyrone team of the noughties. I just hope it will be sooner rather than later.

orangeman

Quote from: ballymac on July 15, 2014, 12:45:34 PM
as contenders for an All Ireland tyrone were finished a number of years ago. The media talked Tyrone's chances up but as it has been said on here we have lost some of the best players that ever played for Tyrone and indeed ever played the game. These players are not easily replaced and a bit of regrouping will be required. Will it be Mickey Harte that does it I can't say.

How long will it be before we have a similar team? well how long will the present championship format be in place? What other changes will take place regarding rules?
Tyrone enjoyed success in the last decade and current club players will have to step up to the mark if they want to follow in the wake of the great Tyrone team of the noughties. I just hope it will be sooner rather than later.

Never.