Roscommon vs. Mayo - Connacht SFC Semi-final (Dr. Hyde Park, June 8th 2014)

Started by Syferus, May 18, 2014, 05:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Andy transfer to his home county after such an insult?

Yes
10 (83.3%)
Yep
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Crete Boom on May 28, 2014, 02:26:50 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2014, 01:57:20 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 28, 2014, 01:18:48 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 28, 2014, 01:16:34 PM
FFS lads. Ballinaman is just picking what he thinks Horan will pick. That's how I read it anyway.
correct.

And that's what my question is based on too - why is Moran so low down on the totem pole with Horan? Was All-Star calibur in 2012 and hasn't got a look in since his injury last year.

Edit: I guess the injury explains why he's not going to get a shot now.

You pretty much answered it there yourself Sy , injuries curtailed his involvement last year and the club run with Mitchels along with a couple of niggly injuries have kept him out so far this year. Throw in the form of Jason Gibbons along with the reemergence of Tom Parsons and this more than anything has him a bit down the pecking order more so than Horan not rating him.

We are truly blessed at the moment around the middle in terms of options. The forwards ? Well the writing is on the wall at the moment :'(.

Chris Barret made a second half appearance for Belmullet at the weekend as far as I know Lar.
Absolutely delighted to hear this.
Bedad, all isn't lost yet!
AS a unit, Chris,-Ger and Tom are as good as I've seen.
There are better individual players knocking about but those lads seem to be able to read each others' minds. Keith could slip in there if need without weakening the line in any way but he's badly needed upfront.
I hope the hb line remains unchanged also. These boyos are playing together for  long time now and they complement each other very well. The main reason why the backs get overwhelmed at time is because them hoors iin the forwards have turned losing possession into an art form and allow the opposition to mount counterattacks from anywhere at any time.
Maybe Horan will manage to bate some sort of sense into them yet! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

FFS lads. Ballinaman is just picking what he thinks Horan will pick. That's how I read it anyway.

If so doesn't Horan always start Alan Dillon and Alan Freeman when fit?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 28, 2014, 05:51:25 PM

You're slackin this year, Cap.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on May 28, 2014, 05:53:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 28, 2014, 05:51:25 PM

You're slackin this year, Cap.

How so? and another reason for Freeman to be given a start.

Top scorers in Division 1

Mark Lynch, Derry 2-44 (50)
James O'Donoghue, Kerry 5-24 (39)
Alan Freeman, Mayo 4-22 (34)
Brian Hurley, Cork 1-30 (33)
Darroch Mulhall, Kildare 1-27 (30)
Darren McCurry, Tyrone 3-21 (30)
Kevin McLoughlin, Mayo 1-24 (27)
Kevin McManamon, Dublin 3-17 (26)

Shrewdness

Would be interested to hear the views of the Mayo lads on here about Roscommon. Where are their strengths and weaknesses? If Mayo could take one Ros player to play for them, who would you choose, although i'm sure ye think that none of the Ros players would get on the Mayo team?

muppet

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 28, 2014, 07:04:15 PM
Would be interested to hear the views of the Mayo lads on here about Roscommon. Where are their strengths and weaknesses? If Mayo could take one Ros player to play for them, who would you choose, although i'm sure ye think that none of the Ros players would get on the Mayo team?

Why ask the question and then answer it yourself?

I would take Kilbride and put him in 13. Room would have to be made for Donie Shine in the forwards. The 3rd member of Syf's 'best 3 forwards in Connacht' would have to be looked at as well. I'd keep our backs and midfield, but then there aren't many in any county that I'd swap for in those departments.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on May 28, 2014, 07:08:52 PM

I would take Kilbride and put him in 13. Room would have to be made for Donie Shine in the forwards. The 3rd member of Syf's 'best 3 forwards in Connacht' would have to be looked at as well. I'd keep our backs and midfield, but then there aren't many in any county that I'd swap for in those departments.

With Enda Smith and Diarmuid Murtagh it's up to 5 of 6 now.

Lar Naparka

I would take Shine and Kilbride without a bother but I wouldn't dream of swapping anyone from 1-9.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 28, 2014, 11:06:02 PM

I would take Shine and Kilbride without a bother but I wouldn't dream of swapping anyone from 1-9.

In fairness lads, I'd agree almost entirely but you're both over-looking Seanie Mac. He's exactly the corner that you fellas look like you need this year and no matter how good Christ Barrett or Turbo Tom were last year Seanie has been cutting a lone shadow of excellence at the back for us for an entire decade.

weareros

What a stupid conversation by Ros posters asking Mayo posters what Ros players they'd like to have. Isn't it bad enough that they are already taking their pick of Ballagh.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on May 28, 2014, 11:41:40 PM
What a stupid conversation by Ros posters asking Mayo posters what Ros players they'd like to have. Isn't it bad enough that they are already taking their pick of Ballagh.

Well, apart from Seanie and Cregger.

Crete Boom

Honestly out of the current Ros squad I would take Seanie Mac , N Daly , D Shine and Murtagh and just to be greedy I would take Harney and Corcoran for a future beast of a midfield pairing ;)

Maybe harshly I am leaving Senan Kilbride out but at the moment I think Freeman is as good as him with Liam Irwin a good understudy. ( Bet you Senan will shove this comment down my throat in style probably on Sunday week :'( ).

Blowitupref

Good management plays a huge part in certain players reaching their potential. D Vaughan, G Cafferkey, K Higgins,T Cunniffe,C Barrett,S O'Shea,A O'Shea were all part of the Mayo panel in 2010 and since then Colm Boyle off the back of good club form was called into the panel, Lee Keegan has since replaced Trevor Mortimer at wing back add in K McLoughlin,A Moran, A Freeman then you have a group of players that have all improved greatly under the current system and game plans in place by Mayo management.  A 19 year old Cillian O'Connor was a big addition to the Mayo team three years ago and in time he will break the Mayo scoring record currently held by Conor Mortimer (remember him)

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

What a stupid conversation by Ros posters asking Mayo posters what Ros players they'd like to have.
Well said.
We don't want any of our players goin near them hoors - I'd allow Cregg go to Smellyhaunis to collect his pay but that's all.
Syfín - could you ease up on the SeanieMac eulogies. Good footballer but like most Ros players can't defend for nuts.
It seems the Prentyfia are not releasing any stand seats for sale so the rumour that they are all reserved for Rhubarb Club season ticket holders must be true.
When will the delegates from the other 4 Connacht Counties grow some balls and let them know that the Connacht Council is for FIVE Counties not ONE. >:( >:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on May 29, 2014, 10:28:34 AM
What a stupid conversation by Ros posters asking Mayo posters what Ros players they'd like to have.
Well said.
We don't want any of our players goin near them hoors
It seems the Prentyfia are not releasing any stand seats for sale so the rumour that they are all reserved for Rhubarb Club season ticket holders must be true.
When will the delegates from the other 4 Connacht Counties grow some balls and let them know that the Connacht Council is for FIVE Counties not ONE. >:( >:( >:(
Ya, nice few lads coming up too...Seami Cunniffe will proudly wear the Green and Red for years to come too...How do you like those apples Rossfan? ;D

How many fit into the stand by the way?  Rossie arse dimensions are known to be bigger than average but a ball park figure will do.