Cill Dara v An Lú 8th June LSFC

Started by Dinny Breen, May 17, 2014, 08:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Healthy rivalry!

Louth have played a game.Hard to gauge where Kildare are. Not confident at all.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I saw a bit of Kildare losing by 5 points to Tipp in dr. Morris park on Thursday night. That wouldn't be ideal.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:42:46 PM
I saw a bit of Kildare losing by 5 points to Tipp in dr. Morris park on Thursday night. That wouldn't be ideal.

Was that not a Kildare Junior selection?
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Never a lot in it when these two meet. Louth nearly always seem to raise their game against Kildare for some reason. Kildare probably have as good a forward line as we have had for a long time but we seem to have forgotten how to defend properly. Backs were very suspect throughout the league and will have to up their game significantly.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 17, 2014, 08:49:37 PM

No we played their juniors as well the same night and also won by 5.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:53:11 PM

Would you know the team? Seemingly Kevin Feeley made his return to the white!
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Sorry, I was preoccupied with the junior game :) I was talking to a one of the senior management and he said Kildare had a strong spine, but I presume that means they had a few new bucks as well.

Jinxy

Went to college with a lad from Drogheda.
He reckons this Kildare team are there for the taking.
Already talking about playing us in the semi.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 17, 2014, 08:55:05 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 17, 2014, 08:53:11 PM

Would you know the team? Seemingly Kevin Feeley made his return to the white!

I see he is called up to Ireland u21 Squad , will that end his return?

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Jinxy on May 19, 2014, 12:15:31 AM
Went to college with a lad from Drogheda.
He reckons this Kildare team are there for the taking.
Already talking about playing us in the semi.

We're always there for the taking. So are Louth though.

All of a Sludden

Louth team v Kildare. Gallagher,Rath,Finnegan,O'Brien,Reilly,Crilly,Reid,Keenan,Donnelly,McDonnell,White,Maguire,Byrne,Grimes,Fanning
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: All of a Sludden on June 03, 2014, 10:39:47 PM
Louth team v Kildare. Gallagher,Rath,Finnegan,O'Brien,Reilly,Crilly,Reid,Keenan,Donnelly,McDonnell,White,Maguire,Byrne,Grimes,Fanning

What's the story no Shane Lennon?
#newbridgeornowhere

ck

A lot of chat that Louth will beat Kildare. Really?? Relegated to div 3 and beat a nothing Westmeath side. Kildare surely will have too much?

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare are likely to be without Mulhall (appendicitis), O'Grady (fractured cheekbone), Peter Kelly (hamstring) and Niall Kelly (concussion). We are going to be relying on a lot of young lads who have achieved little at senior level yet. Most of our more experienced players haven't performed well in championship football since the defeat to Donegal in 2011. There's no way we should be a 2/7 shot to win this. Better Kildare teams than the one that will start on Sunday have struggled against Louth down the years.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

What are we looking at in light of those four injuries and assuming Doyle and Daryl Flynn not ready? Maybe something like
Connolly; McGrillen, Foley, Lyons; Bolton, White, Hyland; Hurley, Moolick; O'Neill/Leper, O'Flaherty, Cribbin; Brophy, O'Connor, Smith/Fogarty?

I wasn't that worried before this glut of injuries but I definitely am now. We've lost one of our best defenders, our most creative forward, and a free taker.