Giro d'Italia in Ireland 2014

Started by BennyCake, May 07, 2014, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

It means End British Domination

BennyCake

Was anyone at the starting point in Belfast? It seemed to be very crowded. Would kids be able to see much in that environment? Was thinking of just watching it in one of the towns or villages along the route, but it'll be past us in a flash. Not sure what to do.

Kid Twist

Find somewhere on the route where there is a climb

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Hardy

This is to tourism what that bomb was to Hiroshima.

Hardy

Who are those wankers commentating? They make Morrissey/Carney sound competent and interesting.

Minder

Eurosport commentators getting their towns and villages mixed up  ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hardy

Ah, it's on Eurosport too. I was watching BBC - two tossers who sound like Radio One DJs only without the in-depth knowledge and gravitas.

thejuice

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2014, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 09:11:08 PM
On Black Mountain for all the visitors to see

Basically it means 'here ends British rule' or the British don't rule here.

those are some well trained sheep
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

CD

Quote from: thejuice on May 10, 2014, 03:15:35 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2014, 09:34:27 AM
Quote from: give her dixie on May 09, 2014, 09:11:08 PM
On Black Mountain for all the visitors to see

Basically it means 'here ends British rule' or the British don't rule here.

those are some well trained sheep

You don't know how right you are!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Hardy

Maguire01

Great atmosphere in Belfast yesterday and today. Contemplating heading down to Armagh in the morning - any tips on where to watch in in Armagh or out in the country? Any climbing on the route?

Minder

Pity the weather wasn't better on the north coast - we could have seen it in all it's glory.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Great craic in Belfast last night. It was amazing getting so close to the cyclists, and they were all willing to pose for photos.

I saw the race today outside Jordanstown. The 'whoosh' of the peloton was amazing.

By the way, at least the Black Mountain showed a little intelligence. Not so the knuckle draggers from Rathcoole.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JimStynes

Quote from: Orior on May 10, 2014, 08:15:10 PM
Great craic in Belfast last night. It was amazing getting so close to the cyclists, and they were all willing to pose for photos.

I saw the race today outside Jordanstown. The 'whoosh' of the peloton was amazing.

By the way, at least the Black Mountain showed a little intelligence. Not so the knuckle draggers from Rathcoole.

What happened?