Armagh v Cavan Sun 8th June

Started by illdecide, May 07, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmk

Quote from: under the bar on June 14, 2014, 09:11:49 PM
QuoteHas McKeever made a statement denying her allegations then?

I know the players were told not to make any comment after the match. Only Aaron Kernan was given permission to speak.

You'd expect if an untruthful allegation is made against the Armagh Captain in a newspaper the County Board (and presumably McKeever himself) would want to put the record straight.

There is nothing to be gained at this time by making a statement. It is basically one persons word against another. In the end the flag bearer was asked to move. She refused.

She's claiming she was verbally abused.  McKeever and Armagh stay quiet on the matter.  Easy to draw conclusions.

Easy for you to draw a conclusion. You would probably claim they were trying to intimidate the flag carrier if they did release a statement. If Anglo Celt had waited until after CCCC had issued punishments it might not have looked like an attempt to influence the process.

tommysmith

Who gives a fcuk move on and quit acting like school children.

Hound

Quote from: Bingo on June 09, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 09, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 09, 2014, 10:04:54 AM
If the home team are designated to walk on the outside of the pitch closest to the stands then why after the melee had broken up did the Ulster Council officials order that the Cavan flag holder remain on the outside? Did the Ulster council make a mistake and then fail to rectify it or was it a case that the band made the mistake by having the flag holders on the wrong sides. Its interesting to hear so many people slating McKeever when they weren't even at the match, McKeever done nothing wrong and he even advised the Cavan flag holder that she was on the wrong side. The Armagh flag holder then asked her to swap but she refused to move over to where she should have been. I don't think any bans will result after the Sunday Game played it down for a change last night.

It has overshadowed what was a very good Armagh performance bar the woeful finishing. Armagh if they had taken their chances should have won this game by 10-15 points but it leaves plenty to work on for the next game.

I'm loving this phantom rule that the home team must be on the stand side for the parade!

Shame on the Ulster Council and the band for not consulting the phantom rule book  ;D

Its written in the great GAA rule book labelled "Tradition". Much more enforceable than any rule book.
An imaginery tradition, that doesnt actually exist! There's been countless games with the away team on the outside.

Tyrone v Monaghan another example.

armaghniac

There have also been examples of teams lining up behind the "other" flag and proceeding on that basis. Armagh were happy to do this, Cavan were not.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2014, 02:01:07 PM
Quote from: Bingo on June 09, 2014, 01:47:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 09, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 09, 2014, 10:04:54 AM
If the home team are designated to walk on the outside of the pitch closest to the stands then why after the melee had broken up did the Ulster Council officials order that the Cavan flag holder remain on the outside? Did the Ulster council make a mistake and then fail to rectify it or was it a case that the band made the mistake by having the flag holders on the wrong sides. Its interesting to hear so many people slating McKeever when they weren't even at the match, McKeever done nothing wrong and he even advised the Cavan flag holder that she was on the wrong side. The Armagh flag holder then asked her to swap but she refused to move over to where she should have been. I don't think any bans will result after the Sunday Game played it down for a change last night.

It has overshadowed what was a very good Armagh performance bar the woeful finishing. Armagh if they had taken their chances should have won this game by 10-15 points but it leaves plenty to work on for the next game.

I'm loving this phantom rule that the home team must be on the stand side for the parade!

Shame on the Ulster Council and the band for not consulting the phantom rule book  ;D

Its written in the great GAA rule book labelled "Tradition". Much more enforceable than any rule book.
An imaginery tradition, that doesnt actually exist! There's been countless games with the away team on the outside.

Tyrone v Monaghan another example.

To be fair if I was the band leader I would have set the flags up that way today. Some have been giving the flag bearers stick for were they stood  and there was zero chance of anything happening this week. Fair play to him.

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: EC Unique on June 09, 2014, 03:21:46 PM
Wonder when the disciplinary meeting will be? I would rather Tyrone face a full Armagh side so there will be no excuses when we hammer them!
Lol.
When I read this I had a feeling it would come back to bite you in the ass  ;D

THE MIGHTY QUINN

He also posted this on another thread:

Re: Monaghan v Tyrone - Sunday 15th June - St Tiernach's Park Clones
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2014, 11:00:30 PM »
Strong Tyrone team. Will be surprised if they don't win handy enough

Armamike

Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 15, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Wonder when the disciplinary meeting will be? I would rather Tyrone face a full Armagh side so there will be no excuses when we hammer them!
Lol.

;D The gift that keeps on giving.  I just love these predictions.
That's just, like your opinion man.

laoislad

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on June 15, 2014, 08:24:30 PM
He also posted this on another thread.

Strong Tyrone team. Will be surprised if they don't win handy enough
Quote from: Armamike on June 15, 2014, 11:31:05 PM
Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 15, 2014, 08:15:40 PM
Lol.

;D The gift that keeps on giving.  I just love these predictions.
;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Now that Tyrone have followed United into the 'We're back to being shite' category, life can't be much fun in Chez Unique

Zip Code

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on June 17, 2014, 06:12:04 PM
Now that Tyrone have followed United into the 'We're back to being shite' category, life can't be much fun in Chez Unique

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AZOffaly

I just saw a post there from throw ball along the lines of 'What did the GAA do? Come down against the team from the 6 counties'.

Is this really what you think? That teams from the 6 counties are somehow being oppressed by the GAA? Not supported? Away outta that. Nothing could be further from the truth. The GAA hates ALL Ulster teams equally.

Throw ball

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 04:13:50 PM
I just saw a post there from throw ball along the lines of 'What did the GAA do? Come down against the team from the 6 counties'.

Is this really what you think? That teams from the 6 counties are somehow being oppressed by the GAA? Not supported? Away outta that. Nothing could be further from the truth. The GAA hates ALL Ulster teams equally.

To be truthful AZ I do not know. What I do know is that a hell of a lot of people in the '6 counties' do believe it. As much as many outside of Dublin believe that the GAA favours the Dubs.

As for your final comment we all know that to be true! A number of years ago a top inter county referee told me that Ulster counties would have to realise that they would have to work harder for frees in Croke Park. ;)

crossfire

Is there any difference between the shennanigans that went on between the opposing players in the first half of the   Galway/ Kilkenny hurling game today than what happened prior to the Armagh/Cavan match.

Will there be any suspensions. ???

tommysmith

Quote from: Throw ball on June 18, 2014, 07:37:15 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 18, 2014, 04:13:50 PM

To be truthful AZ I do not know. What I do know is that a hell of a lot of people in the '6 counties' do believe it. As much as many outside of Dublin believe that the GAA favours the Dubs.

As for your final comment we all know that to be true! A number of years ago a top inter county referee told me that Ulster counties would have to realise that they would have to work harder for frees in Croke Park. ;)

And when any of the 6 county teams are playing one of the 3 non six county teams and there is a six county referee he will give everything to  his nordie friends.